Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2001 10:12:13 AM EDT
Is the US still on it's incline or is it on the decline?

I think we're on the decline... is it just me?
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:14:49 AM EDT
[#1]
It is game over.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:16:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:21:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Morally - bottomless pit
Education - ignorance is bliss
Manufacturing - moved to mexico
Economically - up - but its a government coverup
Military - recovering from the clintonite era
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 1:17:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Do I hear fiddling?
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 1:39:56 PM EDT
[#5]
With the dumbing down of the US educational system we are definately going down hill.  Since when does a aptitude test discriminate against people?  So now colleges accept peo because of race or sex and not grade scores.

Wasn't there a suit filed against a college not long ago for this?  I think it was 4 white male students that didn't get admitted even though the had a better grade,  when they asked why they were told they were passed over because the college had to admit more blacks.

It seems to me that that is reverse discrimination.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't give the flag to our widow just yet.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Seems like a silly question to me. Unless you've got the blinders on, it seems pretty obvious to me.

Straight down.

Sounds bleak, but it's true. Keep hoping it will turn around, but it's been going down for so long, I think at this point it's to late.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#8]
neo roma
were f**ked
"those that forget the lessons of history....."
and i was hoping to have kids some day too
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Revival.....or revolution.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 12:01:22 AM EDT
[#11]
So I'm not the only one thinking things are lookin bleak?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 12:05:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 6:35:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
neo roma
were f**ked
View Quote

Don't be so melodramatic.  People living in Soviet Russia and Cambodia under Pol Pot still had kids. Life goes on.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:23:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Our education system has fallen primarily due to the persuit of the almighty $$$$ there IS hope however! Maybe if the country as a whole can upgrade it`s moral stature, we can get back to a level of self-responsibility that the majority can prosper in.....people are getting extremely tired of political and selfish meanderings that are directly/unfairly affecting thier kids lives and some of the moral structure that has been overshadowed by the race for the so-called "american dream", is surfacing....hopefully to a good end....my feeling, we are down, NOT out.........[thinking]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:40:29 AM EDT
[#15]
decline
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
neo roma
were f**ked
View Quote

Don't be so melodramatic.  People living in Soviet Russia and Cambodia under Pol Pot still had kids. Life goes on.
View Quote

i know, but why love and raise offspring just to live long enough to watch them become slaves/drones ala 1984? or perish in a brutal civil war. and i'm not one of these "is it shtf time yet?!" guys either. its already happening. look at britan. people there tolerate all kinds of intrusion/infringement(for now). the little minds run the show. i'll probably change my mind, but gheeesh!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Were on a decline.  Wait until stock market hits again.  Like next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top