Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2004 3:32:18 PM EDT
Ever since I installed VS.Net, the user mode started automatically loggin off after only 3 mins. of idle time. I can't locate where to go to extend this, but I'd also like to just disable the user modes altogether, running the desktop as a single-user terminal (thus, no need for multiple user log ins). Is this possible, & if so, how?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:40:53 PM EDT
[#1]

I am not sure what "VS.net" is but i'll assume you are referring to MS.Net Framework.

I'll make another assumption that the sytem is not logging you off but actually going into "standby". You can adjust this setting in your screensaver/power settings. Set "System Standby" to "Never".
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Open up your Control Panel and double click on Users.  This should bring up a list of logins created on your machine.  Just make sure you're logging on with administrator rights.  Then you can kill all the other logins.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top