Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2004 1:13:04 PM EDT
Meaning, an intentionally engineered event that favors the ruling party.  Everyone seems to take it for granted that there will be one, which leads me to conclude there will not.  Since the conventional wisdom and majority always seem to be wrong.

All this nonsense started something like 6 years after the hostages in Iran were released, through revelations stemming from the Iran/Contra scandal. In case people forgot, that was on Carter's watch, so a favorable resolution to that crisis would have benefitted whom?  Carter!  Yet it went down in history as Reagan's dirty trick.

My point is, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN OCTOBER SURPRISE.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:15:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Bush with a straw up his nose.

Kerry burning or pissing on a flag (in partial uniform optional).
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#3]
In a race this close, with so much at stake, in the middle of 2 wars with a 3rd on the way, during the dirtiest campaign that I can remember (I'm only 28), I would definately say that there is going to be some kind of surprise that will put President Bush over the top! Some people say it will be Osama Bin Laden get captured, but I think there is also a possibility that we could stumble across some WMD's in Iraq.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

My point is, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN OCTOBER SURPRISE.

That wouldn't surprise me
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#5]
How 'bout a video of Kerry pissing in Edward's mouth?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top