Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2004 10:38:06 AM EDT
This is a really scary thing!
There are 1.2 million residents in Franklin Co.  
Don't try to tell me that number isn't large enough to hide enough fraudulent votes to swing Ohio.

Franklin Co, Delaware Co, and Cuyahoga Co are over 100% registration.
Last month, Akron, OH recently had 50 fraudulent registrations turned in by the Union Registration Team. Every name had the same address.

This is scary shit.
If Bush loses Ohio, this will be why.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Their Motto:

If ya can't beat em', cheat em.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Given the "record" voter registrations all over the place, one wonders how common this will really be.

When we can't even trust the vote anymore, what is left?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone got a link to the story?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Given the "record" voter registrations all over the place, one wonders how common this will really be.

Nothing.

As the election has been getting closer and closer, and I've heard more and more little stories like these, here and there, on the Net, and on the radio, and on Fox News, I've been really troubled.
I've written to Ken Blackwell, Ohio's Sec of State, several times with no response.
He is very conservative, and I hope he is working on it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anyone got a link to the story?

No, but the Akron story was true, and was linked previously.
And I heard it put a little more subtly on the radio yesterday, (610 AM) mentioning that over 100,000 new registrations have come in and are stressing the Franklin Co Voter Regitration system.
I'll look around, though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:51:28 AM EDT
[#6]
here's a start...

and this bit of good news, taken from mydd.com, a liberal site... quoted below

Holy Fucking Jim Crow
by Chris Bowers

Remember that story over the weekend on how Democrats are crushing Republicans in new voter registration in Florida and Ohio? Well, in a move that would make a Mississippi election board from the 1950's proud, Ohio Secretary of State Ken Blackwell is attempting to block thousands of those new registrations because of paper stock (PDF):
Voters-rights advocates are criticizing two recent decisions by Ohio Secretary of State J. Kenneth Blackwell that they say will unfairly limit some people's ability to vote Nov. 2. Blackwell's office has told county boards of elections to follow strictly two provisions in Ohio election law:
One requires Ohio voter registration cards be printed on thick, 80-pound stock paper.
The other ordered boards to strictly interpret the rules regarding provisional ballots, the ones cast by voters who move before the election but are still registered in Ohio.
The paper-stock issue is frustrating Montgomery County Board of Elections officials, who have a backlog of registrations to complete. If they get an Ohio voter registration card on paper thinner than required, they are mailing a new card out to the voter. But if they still have the backlog by the registration deadline, Oct. 4, voters will not have another chance to get their correct paperwork in, said Steve Harsman, deputy director of the Montgomery County board. In Montgomery County there is a backlog of around 4,000 registrations, Harsman said. A few hundred could be affected by this provision, he said.
This is utterly despicable and un-American. This is an obvious, partisan attempt to disenfranchise new voters and deny them their civil rights in a state where new voters tend to be minorities and working class. Notify your local news media about this travesty. Drop Blackwell a line, or ten, as well.
J. Kenneth Blackwell-R
180 E. Broad St., 15th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215
614-466-3910
E-Mail: [email protected]

Update: Jimmy Carter says things ain't

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:01:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Hmmmm, did they happen to mention if there were more Democrat or Republican registered voters?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
here's a start...

and this bit of good news, taken from mydd.com, a liberal site... quoted below

Holy Fucking Jim Crow
by Chris Bowers

Remember that story over the weekend on how Democrats are crushing Republicans in new voter registration in Florida and Ohio? Well, in a move that would make a Mississippi election board from the 1950's proud, Ohio Secretary of State Ken Blackwell is attempting to block thousands of those new registrations because of paper stock (PDF):
Voters-rights advocates are criticizing two recent decisions by Ohio Secretary of State J. Kenneth Blackwell that they say will unfairly limit some people's ability to vote Nov. 2. Blackwell's office has told county boards of elections to follow strictly two provisions in Ohio election law:
One requires Ohio voter registration cards be printed on thick, 80-pound stock paper.
The other ordered boards to strictly interpret the rules regarding provisional ballots, the ones cast by voters who move before the election but are still registered in Ohio.
The paper-stock issue is frustrating Montgomery County Board of Elections officials, who have a backlog of registrations to complete. If they get an Ohio voter registration card on paper thinner than required, they are mailing a new card out to the voter. But if they still have the backlog by the registration deadline, Oct. 4, voters will not have another chance to get their correct paperwork in, said Steve Harsman, deputy director of the Montgomery County board. In Montgomery County there is a backlog of around 4,000 registrations, Harsman said. A few hundred could be affected by this provision, he said.
This is utterly despicable and un-American. This is an obvious, partisan attempt to disenfranchise new voters and deny them their civil rights in a state where new voters tend to be minorities and working class. Notify your local news media about this travesty. Drop Blackwell a line, or ten, as well.
J. Kenneth Blackwell-R
180 E. Broad St., 15th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215
614-466-3910
E-Mail: [email protected]

Update: Jimmy Carter says things ain't

I posted about this a week ago....  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=278714
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:18:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey we stole the election from them last time, and are supressing the black vote this time, so it's all fair in the end.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn fucking liberals....I'l be sure to cast my vote on Nov. 2nd....

It shames me to see my home country (Lake) riding the fraudulent voter train.  Now that I live in Franklin County, it doesn't seem that they do things much different.  I wonder if Bob Shaft is gonna do anything about it?  Has the elections board ponnied up a response yet?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:24:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Wonder if that includes mine (just sent it in Friday).

This is going to be one really f'ed up election here in Ohio.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:27:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Ahhh....   After casting my legitimate vote on Nov. 2 I am going directly to the keg dealer and stocking up for the post-election recount and media frenzy bash courtesy of our slowly fraying social fabric.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#13]
This is total bullshit. There is no reason this should be happening. If they computerize the records and make sure only one vote per SS number, and make sure everyone who votes shows a picture ID.

We need to put people who are caught voting more then once or for someone else in jail for a long time.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#14]
vote early, vote often.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
This is total bullshit. There is no reason this should be happening. If they computerize the records and make sure only one vote per SS number, and make sure everyone who votes shows a picture ID.

We need to put people who are caught voting more then once or for someone else in jail for a long time.

That's got....er...my vote.

It's even screwed up in the smaller towns.

The Democrats open ther HQ right next to us in the same building owned by a Republican who had know idea who was renting it. Now we've had the same store front on the corner for the last six years. Get this, these folk who rented this are shipping in people from out of town to run it. The local Democrate party had nothing to do with it. You don't really get away with that in a small town.

I have faith in Ken Blackwell. He's a straight shooter in my opinion. He also tells really funny stories about growing up black as a Republican. As I recall, he wanted to be a boxer but wasn't very good at it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#16]
See history/voting/California2000.

This happened before.  Dead people were receiving AB's in the mail.  Some people were getting them that didn't request time.

Matter of fact I got a voter registration forum in the mail saturday from the State Dem's/Kerry campaign.  It was promptly torn up and trashed.   Now I wished I kept it.  It might have com in useful during a voters fraud investigation.  

I'm a registered as a independant.    Bush's view more closely follow along with the wife and myself so we'll be voting for bush.

My grandmother (81) who's voted for every dem for the last 15 years has immigrated to the republican side this year,  She cannot believe people are stupid enough to even considering voting for Kerry.  

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I wouldnt blame the dems for trying a stunt like this in Ohio. What with all the republican campaign workers teaming up with local police to keep black voters out of the polling centers I figure its an eye for an eye.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:32:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Maybe Hiram Ranger wll chime in on this...
He has stated that as a precinct investigator(?) he is virually powerless when he suspects problems.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#21]
[Jerry Clower] the folks on this side of the cemetery have the same right to vote as the folks on that side of the cemetery. [/Jerry Clower]

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn fucking liberals....I'l be sure to cast my vote on Nov. 2nd....

It shames me to see my home country (Lake) riding the fraudulent voter train.  Now that I live in Franklin County, it doesn't seem that they do things much different.  I wonder if Bob Shaft is gonna do anything about it?  Has the elections board ponnied up a response yet?

Lake county will tell the tale.  We are staunchly Republican here and always have been.  While we have seen a great migration from Cuyahoga county, certainly not enough in the last 4 years to tip the scales.  I am truly shocked and apalled by this dirty bit of cheating and I'm happy our secretary of state is trying to nip it in the bud.  Biometrics for voter confirmation is going to happen if the democrats are allowed to get away with this.

Yeah, but don't underestimate the liberal ass soccer moms of Mentor!  

It's amazing the lengths people will go do circumvent the demecratic process.  It's truly sad to know that there are people that feel they know what's better for the country and will stop at nothing to see their twisted beliefs come to light.  If the American public sees fit to elect an official, who the hell are they to try and tip the scales against the majority.  It shows a true moral depravity on their part, and I'm damn glad I was raised to see the difference.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:43:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Soap box
Ballot box
Bullet box

Fugg'em, we're the ones with the guns...
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
vote early, vote often.

Coined by James Michael Curley, a crooked Massachusetts politician.

What is frustrating is that living in MA, my vote is meaningless. MA will vote for Kerry, and he will take all the electoral college votes from here.

Last time MA went Republican: 1984, for Reagan.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top