Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2004 6:28:42 AM EDT
Most people know they are Democrat, Republican, or some other party by just comparing their value set to the stance of the party in question.  For instance: I'm pro-gun, pro-death sentence, anti-abortion, pro-business, and pro-millitary.  This happens to fit the Republican party fairly well.  I have neighbors that take the opposite view on just about all those issues.  They're Democrats.

What's up with these undecided people that need to get good vibs about a candidate before they vote?  Don't they have issues that concern them?

Kent
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:30:00 AM EDT
[#1]
No moral compass.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:30:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:31:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Neither, I don't believe they exist.  They lie about not knowing.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:32:36 AM EDT
[#4]
These are the finger to the wind types who rely totally on the information FED to them by mainstream media. Their mind changes with every campaign ad. They are utter wastes, to stupid to go out and find out for themselves what/who they are voting for.

There is also a percentage of people who think they look "open minded" by being undecided, when in reality they are just idiots. John sKerry has been in the senate for 20 years. If you have not yet made up your mind about him, you are stupider than a doorknob. Simple as that.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:33:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Just playing hard to get, they know who they are voting for, but want to be woo'ed and want to seem intelligent for shopping their choices.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:34:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

BULLSHIT!

These people follow "whatever feels right" and that's why they are undecided.

Because what they like today they may not like tomorrow.  So it is hard for them to make a stand for something when they are always searching for something to stand for.

Know what I mean?

SGatr15

PS  QSDFGHJKOP{+  @#WSD  G)OIUH
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:34:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I vote for "dumb".  If they lack a moral compass they are more often than not, firm Democrats.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:36:17 AM EDT
[#8]
There are a lot of people out there who have some beliefs that align with the Democrats and others that align with the Republicans.  Neither major candidate fits them well overall.  Every 4 years, they have to prioritize their issues and decide which candidate fits them best, hold their nose about the rest of their platform, and pull a lever.

I know I am one of them.  Gun control is my number one issue, so I usually vote for the more pro-gun candidate.  I will be voting Bush this time, but there are quite a few of his stances I disagree with -- but I disagree with Kerry more.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:37:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BULLSHIT!

These people follow "whatever feels right" and that's why they are undecided.

Because what they like today they may not like tomorrow.  So it is hard for them to make a stand for something when they are always searching for something to stand for.

Know what I mean?

SGatr15

PS  QSDFGHJKOP{+  @#WSD  G)OIUH

How the hell can they not know?  Bush and Kerry are so different from each other that it makes it impossible to not know who is most like you.  If it was between two people who had almost the same stance on everything then I could understand.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:38:59 AM EDT
[#10]
There is a certain bent of mind that exalts "fairness," "open-mindedness," and "nonpartisanship" above all else. These are the morons whose natural instinct is to split the difference or compromise in all circumstances. This is the attitude of that weasel Bill O'Reilly, and it derives from discomfort at the very notion of truth. I think that's where most "undecideds" come from.

I am dealing with a lawyer like this right now. His client sued my client. His client has no case. None. The lawyer (who believes this, and is not just trying to advance his client's position) said "Wouldn't it be better if we met somewhere in the middle so everybody gets something?" I replied "The problem with that is that your client is owed nothing. Giving your client a shoebox full of dead roaches wouldn't be compromise, but capitulation. It would be better if your client folded her tent and paid my attorney fees now while they're still under $50,000.00." I'd bet this knucklehead is "undecided."
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:40:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

How the hell can they not know?  Bush and Kerry are so different from each other that it makes it impossible to not know who is most like you.  If it was between two people who had almost the same stance on everything then I could understand.

It is easy to not know when one spends so much time wrapped up in themselves.  

SGatr15

Sgtar15

PS  $REF  (IJUHB  QWWSDFGHJKL:"
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:42:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is easy to not know when one spends so much time wrapped up in themselves.  

SGatr15

Sgtar15

PS  $REF  (IJUHB  QWWSDFGHJKL:"

On a side note, I wish that I had been born Catholic.  That way my sig line could contain characters that require the shift key.

But at least I am Catholic now.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:44:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
IMO - no moral compass, not because they are too dumb, but because they choose not to think.

That statement will make up for the question you asked at the table in Waco.  Still working on the mangled metal though...
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:44:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
There is a certain bent of mind that exalts "fairness," "open-mindedness," and "nonpartisanship" above all else. These are the morons whose natural instinct is to split the difference or compromise in all circumstances. This is the attitude of that weasel Bill O'Reilly, and it derives from discomfort at the very notion of truth. I think that's where most "undecideds" come from.

I am dealing with a lawyer like this right now. His client sued my client. His client has no case. None. The lawyer (who believes this, and is not just trying to advance his client's position) said "Wouldn't it be better if we met somewhere in the middle so everybody gets something?" I replied "The problem with that is that your client is owed nothing. Giving your client a shoebox full of dead roaches wouldn't be compromise, but capitulation. It would be better if your client folded her tent and paid my attorney fees now while they're still under $50,000.00." I'd bet this knucklehead is "undecided."

That's not being undecided, that's just a lawyer trying to get moolah!

I feel your pain. My family was hit by a completely unjust lawsuit but the judge threw it out. Then they tried to bring it again and wanted to settle. The insurance company (who was paying for all this) basically told them to go to hell, and left their idiot attorney with lots of work and no compensation.

Sometimes the justice system does work.

BTW -- Box of dead roaches....I have to remember that.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:47:10 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm voting for Bush for 3 reasons:

Bush is pro-big-corporations.  I work for a big corporation.  My career is important to me.

I'm pro-Israel.  Bush wouldn't hesitate to drop a nuke on anyone who f@#ks with Israel.  Rather, he would do it much sooner than Kerry would anyway.

Bush is also pro-gun and pro-military.  So am I.

Those issues are the main reason I'm voting for him.  

I'm Pro-choice.  I believe in stem cell research.  I also think Bush has driven our economy into the dirt, but I know we're bound to come back, so I'm not too worried about that.  I think Bush is complete imbesil.  I'm only voting for him on the issues... Not his character.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:48:15 AM EDT
[#16]
IMHO undecided voters are idiots.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:52:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Both, they have no morals and they're stupid.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:54:34 AM EDT
[#18]
I think that undecided voters, undecided at THIS point, are just too lazy to pay attention and actually do some research on their own.  "I'll just watch F-911, then I'll find out everything I need to know without losing an evening of fun."
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:56:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

What if you are pro-choice and pro-union, but you're also pro-gun and you believe Bush is the better choice for the War on Terror?  Then you have a tough decision to make, even though the two candidates are very different.  Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:57:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:59:12 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What if you are pro-choice and pro-union, but you're also pro-gun and you believe Bush is the better choice for the War on Terror?  Then you have a tough decision to make, even though the two candidates are very different.  Just sayin'.

Not really that tuff.  Your stupid union is not going disappear because Bush is the Pres.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:59:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
IMO - no moral compass, not because they are too dumb, but because they choose not to think.

That's it. Many are raised to have someone else think for them.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:01:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Do you know that "gullible" is not in the dictionary?

-LS
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:04:32 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really that tuff.  Your stupid union is not going disappear because Bush is the Pres.

Well, it was just an example.  You can pick whatever issues you want.  The point is, some people are going to come down to a list of stuff they like about Kerry and some equally-important-to-them stuff they like about Bush, and they've got to decide one way or the other, or just abstain from the Presidential election.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:05:48 AM EDT
[#25]
I believe that self-absorption is a sign of and a means for dealing with deep-seated feelings of inadequacies and low self worth.  

People with a strong moral compass are at peace with the fact that they are not the be-all and end-all of wisdom.  They defer to a higher moral authority and follow a moral code, or at least make a good effort to do so.  I find the vast majority of these people to be self-confident and have a healthy outlook on life.  They know what they can and cannot do.  They realize that all people have free will.  They do not look for scapegoats.

A person who has no moral compass is constantly re-inventing the common sense "wheel."    They base their thought processes too much on what others think, and more importantly, what others will think of them.  Even though they often think that they are the smarest people in the room, they must have the constant admiration and affirmations of like-mind herd followers.  When faced with an intellectual challenge, they defer to feelings.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:09:06 AM EDT
[#26]
I think they have a superority complex.  "They" are open-minded, thinking, and rational adults.  "YOU" are a demogogue.

I hate people like that.  Bill O'Really? is one.  Even though I frequently agree with his words, he doesn't have enough foundation to build a tasty bananna split.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top