Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2004 5:13:18 AM EDT
why do some people on this board feel the need to lay their guns down on rocks, concrete, or other hard surfaces when talking a picture on them?  I understand not all guns are safe queens and some guns are already used and have scratches on them.  However, some people selling on the EE do this with there equipment.  In particular, there is one nice Colt on the EE right now that the seller layed on concrete to take a picture.  Do I really want to buy a gun after it has been layed on concrete and probably scratched?  Wouldn't taking a picture on the carpet in your living room be just as easy?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:16:15 AM EDT
[#1]
it is unlikley there would be any scratches from lying on concrete. and maybe the guy doesnt want oil on his carpet. even the though might send his wife over the edge.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:16:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
why do some people on this board feel the need to lay their guns down on rocks, concrete, or other hard surfaces when talking a picture on them?  I understand not all guns are safe queens and some guns are already used and have scratches on them.  However, some people selling on the EE do this with there equipment.  In particular, there is one nice Colt on the EE right now that the seller layed on concrete to take a picture.  Do I really want to buy a gun after it has been layed on concrete and probably scratched?  Wouldn't taking a picture on the carpet in your living room be just as easy?

Huh?

Placing a rifle on concrete is somehow bad?

It's not like people slide things down concrete like bowling balls, sheesh.

Do you really want to buy a used car who's tires might have been driven on gravel?

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Huh?

Placing a rifle on concrete is somehow bad?

It's not like people slide things down concrete like bowling balls, sheesh.

Do you really want to buy a used car who's tires might have been driven on gravel?

Not even the same analogy.  Driving a car on gravel is like putting rounds through your rifle.  Deliberatly scratching your cars finish is would be the proper analogy.

Would you buy a car with big scratches down the side?

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:14:40 AM EDT
[#4]
How clumsy are you?

I can carefully lay a rifle down on all sorts of surfaces (in order to take a picture) and pick it up again without scratching it.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top