Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 5:05:42 PM EDT
My Michigan State Senator has lost my support. Look at this non-commitment letter.

Patricia L Birkholz
President Pro Tempore
Michigan Senate

September 30, 2004

Dear Mr. Lippo,

Thank you for your call regarding Senate Bills 1381 and 1382 which would prohibit the manufacture, transfer or possession of assault weapons. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

As you may be aware, SBs 1381 and 1382 were introduced by Senator Gilda Jacobs on September 9, 2004. The bill were subsequently referred to the Senate Committee on Judiciary where they are currently awaiting action. Please be assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind should SBs 1381 and 1382 reach the full Senate for a vote.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact my office should you have further questions regarding this or any state matter. Again I thank you for sharing your concerns with me.

Sincerely,

Patty Birkholz
State Senator

At some point, these "Repbulicans" who spout gun rights will have to be told very firmly that they are going to be held responsible for their anti-gun votes, then some how, some way, they'll be held responsible. I get sick of these women in congress pushing their, "I WILL have control over men", ways.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Standard say-nothing BS reply from a Rep or Senator.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top