Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2004 4:17:17 PM EDT
Thank you to the media, again, they have cooked the books for Kerry.

Saturday, October 02, 2004
Liberal Media Cognitive Dissonance: The NewsWeak "Poll"
Back on September 11th (good time for a political poll, huh?), NewsWeak belched out a set of data that was based on the following partisan breakdown:
R = 39 percent
D = 30 percent
I = 27 percent
Not stated = 4 percent

Earlier today, however, NewsWeak predictably began the last-ditch media push to try and take down President Bush and to replace him with John Kerry. Part of that process, of course, is and will be a psy-ops campaign to encourage liberal college students actually to vote and to suppress turnout amongst nervous, fickle conservatives. "Polling data" allegedly showing Kerry "closing the gap" or "catching Bush" will be part and parcel of that campaign.

Here's the partisan breakdown for today's "poll" by NewsWeak:

R = 34 percent
D = 36 percent
I = 27 percent
Not stated = 3 percent

In other words, they decreased Republican sampling by 5 percentage points and increased Democratic sampling by 6 full percentage points. Furthermore, this "poll" strictly was limited to the "Pacific and Mountain time zones." In other words, registered voters from the following states completely were excluded: Texas, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Louisiana, Arkansas, Kentucky, Indiana, and the entire old south.

"Stupid is as stupid does"

-- Forrest Gump

P.S. - Please click on "comments" for a more detailed analysis by Oak Leaf, who is one of this blog's and Polipundit.com's most esteemed commentators. He tears this "poll" apart the way a demo crew might tear down a condemned building . . .

UPDATE: A correction is needed for one of my comments. Hat tip to: Al, who's in the thread. Oak Leaf's comments, however, within the thread, are right on the money.

The polling Thursday night was limited to the Mountain and Pacific Time Zones. To be blunt, I didn't even notice that they claimed to have polled on Friday and Saturday. And why not?

I've literally never seen a poll -- which was not stated to be a straw poll or a focus group test -- that was released the same day its sample was completed. Yeah, this "poll" never claimed to have been of likely voters, so adjustments for turnout models would not have been necessary. But still. Come on. The same day???

Link: politicalvicesquad.blogspot.com/2004/10/liberal-media-cognitive-dissonance.html

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
What kinda poll uses only pacific and mountain time zones and claims to be national?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What kinda poll uses only pacific and mountain time zones and claims to be national?

One designed for a specific result.

Bingo. Amazing to watch the depths of these liberals to win this election..amazing.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Just like I said in the panic threads, how can you trust a poll from the same place that put out the "more thrusts per squeeze" article???
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:39:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top