Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2004 2:05:06 PM EDT
I know this is quickly becoming a dupe topic here, but I thought I would at least post it. My sign is missing as of this morning. The wire frame is still there, but the sign is gone. It was there yesterday, but gone today. We have had NO weather that would make this happen. It was taken. I wish I had a wireless camera to put on it, but I don't have the money or the time to mess with that now.

I am going to get another, and if it turns up missing, I am going to become a Kerry sign stealing machine. If they want to cost my candidate money, I will return the favor.
tony
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#1]
put another up and take 2 kerry signs down.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Good philosophy.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:16:54 PM EDT
[#3]
The cowards do it at night. Attach those flat sticky pad rat traps to the back of the sign.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good philosophy.

it's nothing short of political war we are in.  we have got to be willing to go farther than their side to get President Bush re-elected.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:37:52 PM EDT
[#5]
You should go into the Brothers of the Shield thread and ask what the investigators use to mark property to determine theft - it's a kind of sulfide.  There's a compound you can put on your sign that's inert until a person touches it.  Once it gets on their skin, it's transferred each time they touch or rub their skin with their hands.  It starts to react to their body heat and after about half an hour, they're skin is a nice bright color (green was my favorite) that takes about three days to wear off.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:07:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You should go into the Brothers of the Shield thread and ask what the investigators use to mark property to determine theft - it's a kind of sulfide.  There's a compound you can put on your sign that's inert until a person touches it.  Once it gets on their skin, it's transferred each time they touch or rub their skin with their hands.  It starts to react to their body heat and after about half an hour, they're skin is a nice bright color (green was my favorite) that takes about three days to wear off.

Here's the powder:
The ATPR powder is useful in situations where you need a visible stain detection.  The ATPR powder normally has a dark green / brown appearance.  However, once the powder becomes moist from the moisture in skin, water, alcohol, acetone or just about any liquid substance, the powder changes to a highly visible purple stain.  The stain is very difficult to get remove.  Water, alcohol, acetone and other solvents do not remove the stain.  

If your weather is anything like we have here, there is dew at night while will probably ruin the powder.  But if it's dry go ahead and try it.

www.maxmax.com/aPowderAnti-Theft.htm

order it here
www.maxmax.com/aUVOrder.asp
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Or if you can't afford that, just tape razor blades to the edges of the sign, so someone gets a surprise when they grab it.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#9]
This again?

Rig up a can of pepper spray, so that when the sign comes out of the ground, some one gets it in the face.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Or if you can't afford that, just tape razor blades to the edges of the sign, so someone gets a surprise when they grab it.

sadly, someone could sue you for all you are worth for that little action...

even if they were tresspassing and stealing your sign.

sucks dont it.

just wait by the sign ready to beat them down...........they wre trying to get in your house...ok?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:17:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That would be illegal.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I like that then just follow the blood trail.

Someone stole two signs out of my yard a few weeks back.  

Liberal Bastards.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:20:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Coat the back or your next sign with this stuff.

www.tanglefoot.com/products/barrier.htm

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:24:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Too bad you couldn't make one out of sheet steel and have it way about 40 or 50 lbs! I'd like to see them walk away with that.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Someone on another site mised skunk lure with vaseline and coated his Bush sign with it...no more liberal fucknuts stealing his signs.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:30:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Put up a Bush sign, and next to it put up a sign saying that "if someone steals this sign 2 kerry signs will meet the same fate".
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Some good ideas here. I am going to have to do something. Probably just start a collection of JFK signs.
tony
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:12:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Some good ideas here. I am going to have to do something. Probably just start a collection of JFK signs.
tony

I'm told they make good target stands.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#20]
NVG and a gauge...'nuff said...
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good philosophy.

Bad philosophy.

So now we are vandals and thieves like THEM?

Rise above their childness.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:17:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Then shoot or burn the Kerry signs.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good philosophy.

Bad philosophy.

So now we are vandals and thieves like THEM?

Rise above their childness.

Quoted:

it's nothing short of political war we are in.  we have got to be willing to go farther than their side to get President Bush re-elected. .

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:53:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

they make great target stands
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

it's nothing short of political war we are in.  we have got to be willing to go farther than their side to get President Bush re-elected. .

Like yard signs make any difference?  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#26]
where in AR was this crime done?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:55:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like yard signs make any difference?  

yes, in fact they do.
why do you think campaigns spend so much $$ putting them out?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im going to raid the ones around the polling places on the night before the election
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:56:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im going to raid the ones around the polling places on the night before the election

+1
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Viva la resistance!

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#31]
when my 2nd amendment rights are at stake all bets are off
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#32]
It happened in NLR.

UPDATE: I went for a nice little jog around our neighborhood tonight and found my sign. It was about 2 blocks away on the side of the road. It had been run over a few times, and it had gravel imprints on it, but it still looks pretty good. I brought it home and wrote on the inside, "Every time you steal my sign, I steal 2 Kerry signs."

It's back reattached to the frame.
tony
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good philosophy.

it's nothing short of political war we are in.  we have got to be willing to go farther than their side to get President Bush re-elected.

+1

I say, first, go steal Kerry signs in proportion to the number taken from you.... I'd say at 3:1 . Then, pull an all-nighter by using a whole can of coffee grinds and lay in wait in the shadows until the hippie bastards come up. Then , since they are pussified Kerry supporters, charge the bastards like a pissed off bull and start knee capping the shit out of them with whatever is handy...

HEY.. You've got to get 'er done!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#34]
+1

I say, first, go steal Kerry signs in proportion to the number taken from you.... I'd say at 3:1 . Then, pull an all-nighter by using a whole can of coffee grinds and lay in wait in the shadows until the hippie bastards come up. Then , since they are pussified Kerry supporters, charge the bastards like a pissed off bull and start knee capping the shit out of them with whatever is handy... HEY..

You sir are the man!  hug.gif
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Thank you... Thank you very much
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:39:41 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be illegal.

No, it wouldn't be. Setting things like spring guns is illegal. But you would likely open yourself up to a civil lawsuit. Depends I guess on whether the jury are Dumbocrats or Republicans.
When you report the theft to the police make sure to also list the number of razor blades stolen also so you can get reimbursed for their cost.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:41:45 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't think using razor-blades on a sign in YOUR yard would be illegal if someone touched it aslong as they weren't in that four-or-so-foot zone from the curb that is federal property. If it is on your land, then it is trespassing... and they are the ones tampering with your property.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:43:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Firearms' Rule.  No booby traps.  Smear some fecal matter and hope that they get cholera.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#39]
toss a flashbang or 2. after the c.s. canister goes off.

did I just say that out loud?  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:17:00 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be illegal.

No, it wouldn't be. Setting things like spring guns is illegal. But you would likely open yourself up to a civil lawsuit. Depends I guess on whether the jury are Dumbocrats or Republicans.
When you report the theft to the police make sure to also list the number of razor blades stolen also so you can get reimbursed for their cost.

I like your attitude!

...but it would still be illegal...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top