Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 9:38:42 AM EDT

Do these spring action wrist holsters exist outside of the movies and comic books?  I have never seen any for sale, but I certainly would like to have one for my KelTec .380.  I am talking about something similar to what Robert DeNiro had in Taxi Driver, or perhaps something a little more complex.  Anyone ever seen one?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#1]
No that was only in Taxi Driver.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#2]
James West's Sleeve Gun

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#3]
IIRC, these types of holsters as well as "wallet holsters" that do not leave the weapon when the weapon is fired must be registered under the NFA as "Other Weapons" with the BATFE.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#4]
They also had one in Red Heat. Gun Digest 1993 had a story about it. It said it took them like a dozen tries or something to get it to work, and it wasn't really reliable even after they did.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:17:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Try the Centerline from Comp tac.  Not a wrist holster but a great way to conceal.  I use it as a backup to my main carry gun in case the Shit really hits the fan.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#6]
You would have to wear a shirt that looked it came from the Liberace collection to get by with wearing something like that.  What would keep it from slipping off of your forearm?  My forearms are kinda big and it looks like the thing would have to be very tight to stay on. So tight that it would make it impossible to wear the apparatus for more than a few minutes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top