Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2004 7:20:54 AM EDT
Check out www.drudgereport.com for the latest headline... "Bush Lead Evaporates". Drudge is citing the Newsweek poll. However Drudge fails to mention this little gem or take it into account when deciding on the headline title:

(from Powerline ):
UPDATE: Reader Meg Kreikemeier points out that according to RealClearPolitics, Newsweek's most recent poll included 345 Republicans, 364 Democrats and 278 independents. This compares to Newsweek's published data for their most recent prior poll, which showed President Bush with a comfortable lead: 391 Republicans,
300 Democrats and 270 independents. Yes, if you drop 46 Republicans and add 64 Democrats, you will get considerably better results for the Democratic nominee. This is a good reminder of why poll data always need to be taken with a grain of salt, especially until you see the underlying data.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:14:55 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Check out www.drudgereport.com for the latest headline... "Bush Lead Evaporates". Drudge is citing the Newsweek poll. However Drudge fails to mention this little gem or take it into account when deciding on the headline title:

(from Powerline ):
UPDATE: Reader Meg Kreikemeier points out that according to RealClearPolitics, Newsweek's most recent poll included 345 Republicans, 364 Democrats and 278 independents. This compares to Newsweek's published data for their most recent prior poll, which showed President Bush with a comfortable lead: 391 Republicans,
300 Democrats and 270 independents. Yes, if you drop 46 Republicans and add 64 Democrats, you will get considerably better results for the Democratic nominee. This is a good reminder of why poll data always need to be taken with a grain of salt, especially until you see the underlying data.

newsweek is a fish wrapper. I doubt their numbers too. As well as most of what they print.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:58:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I like Drudge.  He's a sensationalist.  I'm glad he's headlining the Newsweek poll, Bush has been getting complacent, he was sleepwalking through the debate, he needs a kick in the ass.

This thing isn't won yet.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:04:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I like Drudge.  He's a sensationalist.  I'm glad he's headlining the Newsweek poll, Bush has been getting complacent, he was sleepwalking through the debate, he needs a kick in the ass.

This thing isn't won yet.

Agreed. If you had been living under a rock and only had the last debate to base your opinion on, Kerry would have appeared polished and intelligent. Unfortunately many voters do live under a rock I'm afraid. The only time they come out is for the dems to bus them to the polling places in the big cities... Will lotion keep this foil from scratching my head?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top