Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 12:09:18 AM EDT
I'm kind of on autopilot.  Its a wierd feeling, really.  I'm doing, and I'm thinking, but the two aren't necessarily connected.

Just thought I'd share
-FOTBR
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:11:06 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as your able to keep busy it seems ok.  After 3 days then you need sleep.  Or when it feels like bugs are crawling on you
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:12:12 AM EDT
[#2]
And posting. this could get ugly!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:13:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't have sex with your fist...you'll fall asleep.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:13:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Posting is ok when yoi start yelling about bugs are on you, get in the tub, start scratching your skin off and crying for you mother, then its a problem
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:16:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Great, now give it a couple more hours before you start to hear "them."
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:30:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Posting is ok when yoi start yelling about bugs are on you, get in the tub, start scratching your skin off and crying for you mother, then its a problem

Don't forget about the goddamn bats!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:32:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Everytime I see that movie I want to do ether then trash a rental and a hotel room
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:39:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Everytime I see that movie I want to do ether then trash a rental and a hotel room

The bathtub scene is an all-time classic.

Terry Gilliam is the only guy who could have made that movie. And while Johnny Depp is a major-league flake, he nailed the Thompson part perfectly.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:42:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.kinomania.ru/f/fear_and_loathing/1.jpg

Don't forget about the goddamn bats!

Holy Jesus. What are these goddamn animals?!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:08:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Instead of drugs, I experimented with sleep deprivation as a youngster.  Thirty-nine hours is barely scratching the surface.  I never felt as if bugs were crawling on me, but I did see 'trails' and watch plants dance.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:13:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Instead of drugs, I experimented with sleep deprivation as a youngster.  Thirty-six hours is barely scratching the surface.  I never felt as if bugs were crawling on me, but I did see 'trails' and watch plants dance.

I know all about the "trails." I stayed up for about three days straight toward the end of the first semester of my freshman year in college because I had a bunch of papers to finish.

The trails came on the second night when I left the dorm to take a walk in an attempt to wake up a little bit.

The worst part of the whole experience was that after it was all over and I had everything handed in, I tried to crash and I couldn't sleep! That was pretty raw, but I had about half a bottle of Jim Beam in my room and that did the trick pretty nicely.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:15:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Crabbing?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:20:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Instead of drugs, I experimented with sleep deprivation as a youngster.  Thirty-nine hours is barely scratching the surface.  I never felt as if bugs were crawling on me, but I did see 'trails' and watch plants dance.

Bingo...

Finals week for college, every semester.  I've broken the 90 hour marker...  DON'T look at grass, it messes with you... as will drops of water on any surface, and plants, as you said.

(BG says this as he sits down at 5am on a Sunday morning to write a History paper)

- BG
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:27:16 AM EDT
[#14]
IIRC, at 36 hours you're legally insane.

I knew a guy that stayed up for 5 days- he was on drugs. He slept for 3-4 days afterwards. He's a wanted man now.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:32:47 AM EDT
[#15]
I couldnt sleep for 3 days...

Went to Doc and Blood Sugar was 300 something....

Begs to ask the question, why???

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:35:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Trees can become vending machines.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I pushed on to 40 hours, then finally went home and grabbed 3 hours of sleep before getting up.

On reflection, I probably should NOT have driven home.

And yes, 39-40 hours is about half of what I do before finals every semester.
This was just keeping in practice.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:37:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
As long as your able to keep busy it seems ok.

Ding ding ding!  The secret to going without sleep!  Keep busy!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I did three days without sleep when I was younger, then I slept for a day and a half...............never again
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As long as your able to keep busy it seems ok.

Ding ding ding!  The secret to going without sleep!  Keep busy!

Same thing if you stop eating
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#21]
The best was when my buddy thought he saw Grim Reapers on the side of the road cutting up cars.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I am at about 35 hours myself. I feel ok, kinda slow.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#23]
44 hours and counting here.  I'm way too old to keep doing this!  I've still got to walk 6 miles home.

BTW, if you want to see things moving, I just saw this on slashdot:

It looks very scary after not getting enough sleep.z
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I once did 63 hours and I thought I was going crazy. I was seeing streaks of light and the walls seemed to be flexing in and out. I started hearing hearing all kinds of shit and got really paranoid.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I couldnt sleep for 3 days...

Went to Doc and Blood Sugar was 300 something....

Begs to ask the question, why???

The man.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:49:06 PM EDT
[#26]
I did five days once in my early 20s. It is a bizarre experience. As I understand it, what happens is that at some point you actually start dreaming despite the fact that you are walking around with your eyes open. My experience supports that proposition. I was having bizarre and occasionally distressing hallucinations that were literally indistinguishable from reality. I heard, touched, and smelled things that weren't there. I had conversations with entirely imaginary entities. It's not something I recommend and not something I want to do again.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I once did 63 hours and I thought I was going crazy. I was seeing streaks of light and the walls seemed to be flexing in and out. I started hearing hearing all kinds of shit and got really paranoid.

One more day and you'd REALLY get some freaky stuff with the walls moving.  

The one thing I forget to do after I break 48 hours is to eat... I lose all sense of schedule, so meals are all out of whack... BAM, its been 30 hours since I ate something.   That's even worse...

I'm looking forward to finals week this semester... I wonder if I can break 70 hours... I don't think I'll ever touch my 90 hour mark... that was really pushin it  

- BG
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#28]
I used to go around 40+ hours without sleep every Friday trying to get stuff done that I needed to do on my weekend
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Meth heads stay awake for weeks.  As the saying goes "You aren't a tweaker till you've done a two weeker".
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:16:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Meth heads stay awake for weeks.  As the saying goes "You aren't a tweaker till you've done a two weeker".

I have seen them after 4 or 5 days they are bad enough then.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

One more day and you'd REALLY get some freaky stuff with the walls moving.  

- BG

That was probably the freakiest part.  I loved it.  One time I saw a buddy (yes, he was actuallly there.), and then turned around, when he spoke to me about ten seconds later i jumped because I completely forgot he was even there.

Hoppy8420
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top