Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2004 10:50:38 PM EDT
What's a good size and brand. Looks like a good/fun skill to learn. Checked out Smokey Mountain web site and alot to choose from.  Hey, how about knife throwing instead of darts at the bar. Just kidding.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to throw my knives around, never did anything but banged them around
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#2]
No but am dead on with a 16d nail.

MT
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:59:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Ninja stars.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:33:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Stay away from knives made fron stainless, they will break. I use the large (15") Pakistani bowies. I knock the handle slabs and guard off and dull the edge on the grinder. It's easier the throw a larger knife than a smaller one. You don't have to throw as hard to "stick" it and there a larger arc where the point will stick.

I use a target I made from scrap 4x4 clamped together with pipe clamps. This set up allows me to move and turn sections as they get chewed up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top