Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2004 10:25:04 PM EDT
Any of you guys use this service. I just signed up for a free trial and I was wondering how it works.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it a lot. Much better than Blockbuster. No late fees.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Blockbuster has a similar service now
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:37:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1 AND THEN SOME!!! We FORGOT about two movies we had here for a couple of weeks. just watched them yesterday and shipped them back... NO LATE FEES!!

I have to say... I love it and you dont have to say at 11:55 at night just as you are in bed "HOLY CRAP I FORGOT TO RETURN THE MOVIES!!!"
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 AND THEN SOME!!! We FORGOT about two movies we had here for a couple of weeks. just watched them yesterday and shipped them back... NO LATE FEES!!

I have to say... I love it and you dont have to say at 11:55 at night just as you are in bed "HOLY CRAP I FORGOT TO RETURN THE MOVIES!!!"

Blockbuster has a movie pass now, so there is no late fees with them now.  I much prefer going to the video store and coming home with the movie I want all in the same day.  It sure beats waiting two days for it to be mailed, then two days to get returned, plus the additional two days for the next movie to come back.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blockbuster has a movie pass now, so there is no late fees with them now.  I much prefer going to the video store and coming home with the movie I want all in the same day.  It sure beats waiting two days for it to be mailed, then two days to get returned, plus the additional two days for the next movie to come back.

Netflix is WAY better if you watch at least 6 movies a month.  The ability to set up your queue so that you constantly have a flow of movies that you want to watch is worth the money alone, but to get unlimited rentals for the same price is simply unbeatable.  

Blockbuster hasn't gotten a dime of my money since they announced that CCW holders were not allowed in their stores.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#7]
i use it alot 200+ rentals from them and no problems.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:13:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Netflix rocks.  There's this guy I know (wink, wink) that uses Netflix and DVDXCOPY to build his movie collection on the cheap.  Works like a charm.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Slooooooooooooow shipping.  It takes 3 days for movies to go from the netflix center to my place.  Then 3 days to go back.  But they have everything so I pay the $23 a month.  It was a much better deal when it was $20 a month.  One more price raise and I will cancel.  

And Im not bluffing!!  comcast raised their cable prices a few months ago, and i QUIT!!   And life is beautiful w/o television.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Slooooooooooooow shipping.  It takes 3 days for movies to go from the netflix center to my place.  Then 3 days to go back.  But they have everything so I pay the $23 a month.  It was a much better deal when it was $20 a month.  One more price raise and I will cancel.  

And Im not bluffing!!  comcast raised their cable prices a few months ago, and i QUIT!!   And life is beautiful w/o television.

Two day turn around for me.  One day for them to receive and one day for the new one to arrive.  Sometimes 3 days if they are dragging ass.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:26:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Two day turn around for me.  One day for them to receive and one day for the new one to arrive.  Sometimes 3 days if they are dragging ass.

Same for me...
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How long do you keep the movies?  I have heard that if you return them the next day they will sit on your shipment so you get an average amount of rentals every month.  I watch the movies the night I receive them and ship them the next day.  I would not be surprised at all if they are stalling shipment and notification of receiving from me.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the fact that I don't have to drive to Blockbuster.  I just drop them in my mailbox.  

I used to watch 3 or 4 a week, but have been really busy lately.  I had a really quick turnaround when I was watching alot.  A few months ago, the turnaround got a little slow, but I think they may have just been shorthanded.  It is back to normal now.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Overall I like it.  Once your free trial is over, and they have you hooked, they start shipping movies slower than before.  New members get priority of movies that are in short supply. Movies are out a fews days to a couple weeks before Netflix lists them under "new releases" on their website.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:28:16 PM EDT
[#15]
it's great...oh and the free trial isn't actually free.

they just don't bill you for a period of time, you already gave them your credit card # and they will start your membership automaticly.

no big deal as I am happy with their service.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Netflix rocks.

+10000

I love it. Two day turn around time
on discs.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm almost done with my free month trial period and I will cancel.  3 days each way for shipment and returns.  I'm lucky to get 3 movies a week so that is only 12 a month.   Anyway, I've watched all the movies I didn't see in the movie theatre and some I wish to buy to keep.   Its just not for me.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Netflix is WAY better if you watch at least 6 movies a month.  The ability to set up your queue so that you constantly have a flow of movies that you want to watch is worth the money alone, but to get unlimited rentals for the same price is simply unbeatable.  

Blockbuster hasn't gotten a dime of my money since they announced that CCW holders were not allowed in their stores.

I've used Nextflix, Wal-Mart rentals, and a third company.  Netflix was nice but took too long for the movies to get to me.  Right now I average 2 to 4 movies per day every day with Blockbuster.  Plus the stores here don't have a no CCW sign.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Here is a cheaper alternative:

Gameznflix

Besides videos, they also do games.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Netflix ROCKS!!

You need to be within a couple hundred miles of a shipping center.

If I can get a DVD to the inside delivery chute of the post office before 9 AM I'll have the next DVD in my mailbox the next afternoon.

Check out this web site, some good info plus an actual 800 number for Netflix customer service.
hackingnetflix.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top