Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/2/2004 7:00:21 PM EDT
I saw a cat limping its way from the road the other day after some car had just hit it. It was sad. The cat was dying and obviously in a lot of pain. I really wanted to stop the car and put a bullet in its head, but there was too much traffic.

It limped its way to the ditch on the side of the road and lay there to die painfully.

If I could have used ny gun to put it out of its misery, I would have been happy to. How would you dispatch such a creature and would you?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I would check my recipe book first.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Hard to say.  If it's a smooshed leg or something, who's to say the animal can't be saved?  And you never know, the 5 year old little girl that owns the kitty might come running up to claim it.  

Now if the things guts are hanging out all over, do the old "boot stomp" and be on your way.  No sense in letting it suffer.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hard to say.  If it's a smooshed leg or something, who's to say the animal can't be saved?  And you never know, the 5 year old little girl that owns the kitty might come running up to claim it.  

Now if the things guts are hanging out all over, do the old "boot stomp" and be on your way.  No since in letting it suffer.

This cat I saw was worse off than a broken leg. The way it hobbled from the road was unnatural and kinda gross.

MrClean4Hire, are you Asian?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I was driving through a small north Texas town when I saw a large dog hit by a car.  It was obvious the injuries were mortal.  I parked by van and helped remove the dog from the road.  I then told the two other guys standing by that I was going to get a pistol to put the dog down.  And that's what I did.  Though it was necessary, I certainly didn't enjoy it.  I don't like killing.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:06:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now if the things guts are hanging out all over, do the old "boot stomp" and be on your way.  No since in letting it suffer.

This cat I saw was worse off than a broken leg. The way it hobbled from the road was unnatural and kinda gross.

MrClean4Hire, are you Asian?

Nope just a honky savage
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Obviously Clean_Cut, if you didn't kill the first time you ran over it, you should have gone back to finish the job.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Obviously Clean_Cut, if you didn't kill the first time you ran over it, you should have gone back to finish the job.

I didn't run over it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How would you dispatch such a creature and would you?

Yes, and by another set of tires.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#9]
A couple of co-workers came across an animal which had its back broken by a car, still alive and trying to crawl away in the road. They thought the humane thing to do would be put it out of its misery.

One of the guys pulled a shovel from the back of the truck and proceeded to whack the poor animal in the head. They eventually killed it after quite a few whacks.

Problem is, too many cars passed by and witnessed the act of kindness, and with the company name on the side of the truck(TxDOT), the calls poured in... It was NOT me... fullclip
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:10:05 PM EDT
[#10]
dunno. If I was reasonably sure the JBTs wouldn't prosecute me for discharging a firearm in public, I'd put it out of its misery.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn't, out of fear of being prosecuted.  Sad, I know, but a sign of the times.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't run over it.

Did you call 911 and report it?  Did you see who did do it?  Was it Sgtar15?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't run over it.

It probably died within the next five to ten minutes.

And why would I report a motorist for running over a cat?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:25:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't run over it.

It probably died within the next five to ten minutes.

And why would I report a motorist for running over a cat?

Because you feel guilty for doing it, that's why
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#15]
My car normally kills animals it hits.  There are a few right now I want to get under the rear wheel so I can floor it on them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:34:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I've done it three times.

First time, I was following a buddy to his house, and a couple of houses down from his place, a cat darts out in front of him and he tags the hind end.  And then hauls ass.  The cat was dragging itself with a totally limp back half, so I swerved and ran over the front half.  My buddy ran because the owner was a neighbor and he was afraid of getting into trouble.

Second time, I was riding shotgun with my brother in his truck.  A deer bounds in front of us, and, despite my brother's best reflexive efforts, ends up coming through the windshield, and thrashing around in the cab with us.  The guns were behind the seat.  My brother managed to stop the truck without crashing, and we bailed.  The deer remained trapped and thrashing.  All we had was my knife, so I climbed the hood and managed to get the blade into its spine.  It stopped kicking, so we drove to the nearby house of a guy we knew and he winched it out of the cab.

Third time, I was in a certain third-world hole, and came up on one of the most disturbing things I've seen in my life.  A brahma bull was lying in the middle of the road, surrounded by a bunch of jibbering locals.  I don't know what hit it, but it had to have been tractor-trailer sized to have made the mess it did of this 1000-lb bull and keep driving.  All four legs, compound fractures in multiple places.  Guts splayed out and crushed, with tire tracks on them.  One horn broken off, with skull exposed.  Lower jaw missing.

And this thing was bawling in agony and trying to stand up.  The locals were poking it with sticks and jumping like apes.  I stopped my vehicle, drew my sidearm, and put one round in the bull's forehead.  It just kinda rolled its head back, so I stayed long enough to see its eyes glaze.  The locals scattered like chickens, pointing and jabbering, as I got back in the vehicle and drove off.  

I hope I don't ever see anything like that, again.

Putting an animal in mortal agony down is a moral thing to do, however disturbing it may be.  I hope someone has the decency to do the same for me, if I ever need it...
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:43:40 PM EDT
[#17]
once i was driving to my place when i hit a cow in the front with my truck...killed it but i didnt want to hind quaters to waste so i cut them off and put them in the back of my truck ...well a few days later i was at the store and overheard a guy talking about his cow bieng hit..he said i dont know what the hell it was that hit him ...but it knocked his ass clean off!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I passed on shooting a big dog  last week for just that reason. There were cars passing and in my mind I picured her Mommy driving up just in time for the little girl to see it.

I've ignored it and handled it in the past and neither feels real good.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I have had the duty to administer a mercy killing thrust upon me on several occasions. I will not knowingly allow an animal to suffer. The most recent  occasion was near the national airport in Little Rock. After determing that the injuries were mortal, I drew my sidearm and dispatched the poor creature as humanely as possible. If it becomes necessary, I will deal with the judiciary with a clear conscience.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#20]
One of the saddest moments in my life occurred in this context . . .

It was a snowy day and I was sitting in my living room watching TV.  My Mom and I were living in a pretty rough neighborhood on the East End of Richmond in a rather run down apartment complex.  At 14, I needed to keep a rifle and a shotgun in the place for self protection.  

There was a bang on the door and I could hear two of my buddies outside hollering for me to open up.  When I opened the door, they told me to grab my rifle (a Marlin M60 .22lr) and come with them.  I went out to my friends truck and heard the most horrible, screaming, howling cry that you can imagine emanating from the bed of the truck.  In the bed was a puppy with both of it's rear legs crushed and part of his intestines hanging out.  My friend said that they had swerved in the snow and hit it about a mile down the road, and neither of them had a weapon or THE FUCKING NUTS to put it down.  They were both pretty rabid dog lovers, but this really pissed me off.

We jumped into the truck and drove a couple of miles down to a pull off where we wouldn't be seen.  I jumped out, tears in my eyes and as gently as possible tried to get the puppy out of the truck.  The darn little guy was still trying to lick my hand as I sat him on the ground.  My two PUSSY buddies were in the truck with the radio all of the way up.  I was moving as fast as possible to put the puppy out of his misery.

I chambered a round of HVHP ammo and placed the rifle on the little guys forehead.  He was still trying to wag his tail when I tripped the sear.

I shot him 4 more times in the head just to be sure

I made my PUSSY ASS buddies get out and dig a grave for the little fella on the side of the road.  

I'm getting tears in my eyes just thinking about it all of those years ago.

_Disconnector_
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I hit a full grown Maine Bull Moose a few years ago in Northern Maine.  It was a 70mph broadside collision at 11pm in the middle of nowhere.  1.5 hours later, when a passing french logger stopped at the wreckage....he found my body in a ditch 30 feet from the truck.  Report has it he threw an old sheet over me cause I was covered in moose entrails, glass from the window, and lots of blood - looked like I was FUBAR I suppose.

The meatwagon eventually came and I spent a lot of time in the hospital getting patched back together.

Cats shmatz......

Hitting Moose....

now that's a doozy.    If I run over a cat I'll go back and finish it.  If I ever hit a moose again, I want someone to go back and finish me.  As for finishing cute little Mogwai's....not doing so would be inhumane....
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:55:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
once i was driving to my place when i hit a cow in the front with my truck...killed it but i didnt want to hind quaters to waste so i cut them off and put them in the back of my truck ...well a few days later i was at the store and overheard a guy talking about his cow bieng hit..he said i dont know what the hell it was that hit him ...but it knocked his ass clean off!!

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#23]
My aunt hit a moose and my Grampa shot it with his .270.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:57:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
My aunt hit a moose and my Grampa shot it with his .270.

fine cartridge
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:57:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I hit a full grown Maine Bull Moose a few years ago in Northern Maine.  It was a 70mph broadside collision at 11pm in the middle of nowhere.  1.5 hours later, when a passing french logger stopped at the wreckage....he found my body in a ditch 30 feet from the truck.  Report has it he threw an old sheet over me cause I was covered in moose entrails, glass from the window, and lots of blood - looked like I was FUBAR I suppose.

The meatwagon eventually came and I spent a lot of time in the hospital getting patched back together.

Cats shmatz......

Hitting Moose....

now that's a doozy.    If I run over a cat I'll go back and finish it.  If I ever hit a moose again, I want someone to go back and finish me.  As for finishing cute little Mogwai's....not doing so would be inhumane....

Now thats a story Hokie! Pics?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:01:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Isn't killing small animals the first thing a serial killer does?  
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Isn't killing small animals the first thing a serial killer does?  

Probaly, but who decides which ones are small
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:15:15 PM EDT
[#28]
I came across the scene of an accident once where a deer was hit.  It was seriously messed up and Fish and Wildlife was two hours away.  I was the only one with a gun so I did the deed and was depressed for the next two days.

It's one thing to take down a six pointer during a hunt, but do put down a yearling after an accident?  That's a shame.

Hokie,
You are very lucky to be alive....

Related Thread in WA Forum
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
One of the saddest moments in my life occurred in this context . . .
. . . . I chambered a round of HVHP ammo and placed the rifle on the little guys forehead.  He was still trying to wag his tail when I tripped the sear.

I shot him 4 more times in the head just to be sure

I made my PUSSY ASS buddies get out and dig a grave for the little fella on the side of the road.  

I'm getting tears in my eyes just thinking about it all of those years ago.

_Disconnector_

That puppy was lucky to have you there.  What a horrible story.  I could watch people die all day long in a hospital but your story and similar ones always choke me up.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#30]
I AM lucky, and I know it....Moose accidents rarely turn out okay.  Here's the brief tale:

I do have pics....but no way to get them onto the C: drive.  After I got out of the hospital I had to go claim the truck - totalled of course.  Some hick's garage up in Bingham, Maine.

I show up with a bud...hobbled up to the maintenance guy and said "hey....I'm here to claim my truck"

He looked at me and said "Ah so you're the feller that hit that bull, that must be your rig over there eh?  You're a lucky sonabitch you know - anyhooo I hosed her off best I could, but the flies are all over the bitch.  I'd call her totalled....you?"

The moose was a full grown bull with a full rack.  He was broadside in my lane and I rounded a corner while changing the radio station (cause there's only two up there).  That proved to be a stupid maneuver cause I plowed into that moose going well over 65mph and not braking.  I guided whitewater rafting trips in college and I was heading back to my apartment from a gig.

I didn't have my seatbelt on (saved my life).  The moose's legs got taken out with the truck and the body came straight onto the window, push the cab back like a sardine can.  For some reason I still don't understand - I laid matrix style down into the passenger seat but kept my left arm glued onto the steering wheel.  My left arm took a major shredding from the glass and moose hairs that were shoved deep into my arm during contact.  The cab ripped the moose open which cause it to disembowel itself into the cab on top of me.  The bull then flung off to the side with its head whipping around puncturing the aluminum shell cap on the back.

When the body was hitting the street the state troopers best guess was that the sharp edge of the truck cap severed the head (which was found in the back of the truck - ready for mounting, less one antler).

After the dust settled all I remember is not being able to breathe.  I hit the dashboard pretty hard and smashed my face all to hell and busted my ribs up from matching the contour of the cab during the impact.  I had a lot of glass in my eyes too so everything was fucked up.  I remember choking, kicking, yelling, and lots of warm loose fleshy matter all over me - I was swimming in moose guts at the bottom of the passenger floor.  I remember the door kicking open and flushing out onto the gravel.  I remember stumbling toward a headlight pointing at the moon wondering how I would get help.  I was 1 hour from anywhere and no one drives that road - figured I was a dead Hokie.  In the headlight all I could make out was a stringy intestine-like fleshy thing around my neck and shoulder, my left arm was peeled back to the bone, my face was swollen, I felt like my teeth were knocked in, my left knee felt like someone was forcefully twisting it against my will, I was spitting blood, and I couldn't breathe at all.  Somewhere around that point I wandered off the road and fell down.   My recollection stops there and picks back up in a clean hospital bed with a hot nurse and a sponge bath (sorry, no pics).

Hokie 01 : Bull Moose 00

So yeah, I hate moose, hate em.  I apply for a moose permit every year just so I can have the opportunity to blast one.  They make good stew, but I don't recommend them for "hamburger."

Now...once in a while if I'm a "daze" ... sometimes I'll jolt all over a sudden on account of some flash imagery.  Hate it.  I'm also VERY paranoid now at night, my eyes are always scanning the edge of pavement.  I pack a big gun in the truck now too.  I ended up 100% after the hospital.  Took some time for my knee to work back into shape, and my arm is scarred up but is also 100%.

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I AM lucky, and I know it....Moose accidents rarely turn out okay.  Here's the brief tale:

I do have pics....but no way to get them onto the C: drive.  After I got out of the hospital I had to go claim the truck - totalled of course.  Some hick's garage up in Bingham, Maine.

I show up with a bud...hobbled up to the maintenance guy and said "hey....I'm here to claim my truck"

He looked at me and said "Ah so you're the feller that hit that bull, that must be your rig over there eh?  You're a lucky sonabitch you know - anyhooo I hosed her off best I could, but the flies are all over the bitch.  I'd call her totalled....you?"

The moose was a full grown bull with a full rack.  He was broadside in my lane and I rounded a corner while changing the radio station (cause there's only two up there).  That proved to be a stupid maneuver cause I plowed into that moose going well over 65mph and not braking.  I guided whitewater rafting trips in college and I was heading back to my apartment from a gig.

I didn't have my seatbelt on (saved my life).  The moose's legs got taken out with the truck and the body came straight onto the window, push the cab back like a sardine can.  For some reason I still don't understand - I laid matrix style down into the passenger seat but kept my left arm glued onto the steering wheel.  My left arm took a major shredding from the glass and moose hairs that were shoved deep into my arm during contact.  The cab ripped the moose open which cause it to disembowel itself into the cab on top of me.  The bull then flung off to the side with its head whipping around puncturing the aluminum shell cap on the back.

When the body was hitting the street the state troopers best guess was that the sharp edge of the truck cap severed the head (which was found in the back of the truck - ready for mounting, less one antler).

After the dust settled all I remember is not being able to breathe.  I hit the dashboard pretty hard and smashed my face all to hell and busted my ribs up from matching the contour of the cab during the impact.  I had a lot of glass in my eyes too so everything was fucked up.  I remember choking, kicking, yelling, and lots of warm loose fleshy matter all over me - I was swimming in moose guts at the bottom of the passenger floor.  I remember the door kicking open and flushing out onto the gravel.  I remember stumbling toward a headlight pointing at the moon wondering how I would get help.  I was 1 hour from anywhere and no one drives that road - figured I was a dead Hokie.  In the headlight all I could make out was a stringy intestine-like fleshy thing around my neck and shoulder, my left arm was peeled back to the bone, my face was swollen, I felt like my teeth were knocked in, my left knee felt like someone was forcefully twisting it against my will, I was spitting blood, and I couldn't breathe at all.  Somewhere around that point I wandered off the road and fell down.   My recollection stops there and picks back up in a clean hospital bed with a hot nurse and a sponge bath (sorry, no pics).

Hokie 01 : Bull Moose 00

So yeah, I hate moose, hate em.  I apply for a moose permit every year just so I can have the opportunity to blast one.  They make good stew, but I don't recommend them for "hamburger."

Hokie 01  :  Guys with stories about cats  00
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Hokie 01  :  Guys with stories about cats  00

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:57:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Last year I was hauling beets up north (Minnesota) for the sugar plant when a deer ran out and clipped the side of the truck in front of me. The deer wasn't dead but it's spine was snapped and couldn't move it's rear legs.  Since it was sitting in the middle of the road  I pulled over and jumped out with the tire-thumper. I whacked it over the head  once to knock it out then a couple more to make sure it wasn't going to wake up again. Then I dragged it off the road.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:16:13 PM EDT
[#34]
My father hit a domestic hog in Texas. The hog went under the car tore off both hubs and then the rear axle! It got up and walked back to the farm it escaped from with nothing but some cuts. The car went out of control but stopped safe even with no steering or brakes. The farmer did pay for the car, as he had quite a few oil wells on his property.

Hokie every day from that is a blessing but you know that.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#35]
There's a lot of deer out this way that get hit and don't die. I've had to put a few down with the no bounce hammer. Felt like shit everytime, but it had to be done.

I personally would have stopped and checked the cat out either way.
Chris
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#36]
I once had a deer (small, spots almost all gone) dart into the side of my truck.  I turned around and found it lying on the side of the road bleeding from the nose, mouth, and ear.  It was obviously mortal, and was going to be quickly, so I waited a minute to make sure it was gone.  There was no point in pulling the sidearm.  It was truly sad to watch.

Woody
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#37]
I saw a guy plow a horse outside of Killdeer, SD. He destroyed the truck and the horse. The horse had 3 compound fractured legs and other problems so I put him down with the only thing I could find in the rental car- the tire iron. I put it in his ear and pushed down 'till I got to asphalt. I felt bad but I had no other choice -plus I got blood on a pair of nice Kakais. They guy who hit the horse said he threw up a bit when I skewered 'ol Silver's brain there in the middle of the road.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:12:23 AM EDT
[#38]
A friend of mine had a cat that used to fake being injured for attention. God i hated that thing.

Let me correct that. I hated the fact that it turned my 6'5" ex Marine hardass into a baby-talking talking pansy ass EVERY SINGLE TIME IT PULLED THE SAME SHIT which was at least once a week.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:39:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Thread reminds me --- A couple years ago my father hit a deer on a state road. The deer did not die but was in bad enough shape that it couldn't go anywhere.

The State police arrived and my father asked him to shoot the deer but he declined saying it would take too much paperwork to explain the firing of his weapon.

My father had a handgun in his vehicle (CCL) and asked if he could shoot the deer and was flatly told no.

They waited for 90 minutes until a vet could be located and arrive at the scene to "humanely" put the animal down.

Not bashing LEO but it seems to me that putting an animal out of its misery should take precident over paperwork.

I have hunted for years, and while I find it the most enjoyable thing I do, I can not stand to see animals suffer.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:45:32 AM EDT
[#40]
There are crazy people everywhere.  Good thing you kept going.  

Hell, I was cutting down some dead pine trees on my Aunt's farm and a neighbor walked up to me and grilled me on whether the trees were really dead...........  fuken krazy, i tell you!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:01:53 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Thread reminds me --- A couple years ago my father hit a deer on a state road. The deer did not die but was in bad enough shape that it couldn't go anywhere.

The State police arrived and my father asked him to shoot the deer but he declined saying it would take too much paperwork to explain the firing of his weapon.

My father had a handgun in his vehicle (CCL) and asked if he could shoot the deer and was flatly told no.

They waited for 90 minutes until a vet could be located and arrive at the scene to "humanely" put the animal down.

Not bashing LEO but it seems to me that putting an animal out of its misery should take precident over paperwork.

I have hunted for years, and while I find it the most enjoyable thing I do, I can not stand to see animals suffer.

The first venison I had was back in 1991. I'd been laid off by my computer company, and came into the firehouse (public safety building) to an intriguing smell. Two female dispatchers were walking out of the kitchen talking about how "they couldn't eat that". Asked them "eat what?" "Deer" was the reply.

There were two stacks of burgers - one 50/50, the other about 70/30. Tried one of each. Great stuff. Asked who brought it in, was told the Public Works foreman.

Went up to him, and offered my thanks for his sharing his klill. (even though I wasn't a hunter back then, I knew etiquette). Got told "thanks, but it's not mine. That one's from Sheridan Road, that one's from Hwy 176".

Turns out two deer were hit witihin an hour of each other about a mile apart. One on-duty and another off-duty put the deer down, and were going to dispose of them, when somebody remembered that the PW head was a hunter. Called him, and he came down and processed the deer.

I've heard the same thing about IL DNR - (or was it WI?) RUMOR WARNING - that supposedly someone coming back from the range witnessed the aftermath of a car v. deer, and put the deer down with his pistol loaded with one of his home defense rounds. Took the carcass, and called DNR to verifiy a death by auto. Was told that death was actually by firearm, and as such, moral good samaritan was in fact evil poacher shooting deer out of season with wrong caliber/size Hgun.

Will call IL DNR in AM to ask what policy is for state.

Saw a deer get hit by a car on I55 en route to StL a few years back. Doe went up doing cartwheels,, came down on shoulder. Rolled up the hood, and trashed the front end of the car.

Pull over, and go up to check on driver. She's OK, just shaken. Leave wife with her, and go check on deer. Compound  Fx x 2, D-E-D DEAD. Go back to ask driver if she wants deer. Get told no...why? I start heading back to deer, and look at rear of vehicle.

PETA sticker. No BS.

Driver asks my wife what I'm doing - get's told "field dressing".

Back to thread - hit a cat once. Came at the side of the family car from a bush. Couldn't stop that fast from 35 mph. Luckily, it was DOA, but, coming from a cat family, it was pretty bad.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:03:48 AM EDT
[#42]
tag
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:36:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Heard a commotion one time late at night. Went outside to see my brother and an unknown female passerby standing by this racoon that had just been run over. The critter was pulling itself out of the road by its two front legs...it's entire rear half had been crushed. It was a pretty pathetic sight. So I run across the street to where they were building a house and grabbed a cinder block to dispatch the racoon. Now this ccrazy bitch starts screaming about how there's no way in hell she's gonna let me hurt that poor creature. I tried reasoning with her as did my brother too but she's physically barring my way and yelling profanities at me, blah blah blah. By this time the racoon had managd to crawl away into some thick scrub down a ravene, most likely to die a slow, painful death. I still should have put that cinder block to use anyways
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:39:17 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I saw a cat limping its way from the road the other day after some car had just hit it. It was sad. The cat was dying and obviously in a lot of pain. I really wanted to stop the car and put a bullet in its head, but there was too much traffic.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:45:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Years ago I had a paper route.  I used an old 1970 Datsun 710 wagon to deliver the papers.  The brakes didn't always work all that great so I had to be careful.

Anyways....one morning at around 4am I was coming around a corning throwing newspapers out the window as I went.  As I came around the corner I saw a large Tom cat humping and screaming with a female.

I couldn't stop in time......

Thump....

Thump....Thump...

Probably  the worst case of feline coitus interuptist I have ever seen...

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:14:15 AM EDT
[#46]
.22 to the back of the head if it's on it's feet. To the chin if it's on it's back. done it many times. There is a gravel pit down the road and a lot of log trucks on my road. Plus I hate cats.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#47]
On that bitch's head!

Quoted:
I still should have put that cinder block to use anyways

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:28:17 AM EDT
[#48]
My dad hit a good sized deer in the family station wagon (1974 Plymouth) when we were going to the mountains one weekend.
He was going about 45 or so.

The deer ended up laying on the side of the road not moving or breathing.

The car had a smashed in left front fender and the grill was smashed in enough to push the radiator into the fan.

After looking over the kids and car he went to the side of the road and saw the deer.
He pulled out his 30-06 hunting rifle to make sure the deer was dead as us kids were "sure it was still moving".

Just before he was going to chamber a round the deer jumped up, snorted a couple of times and bounded off into the woods.

Deer 1
Dad 0
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:42:37 AM EDT
[#49]
I saw a rabbit that was hit in the road last week it's back must have been broke, because it was looking around and could not go anywhere.
I turned around to finish him off, but a semi beat me to it, it was probably txredneck.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#50]
I wouldn't kill it, but rather get it into the car and rush it to the nearest vet.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top