Your link is dead
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:52:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Your link is dead

Fixed
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:54:45 AM EDT
[#5]
yes, i have one and am thinking of getting another.  excellent safe, to my ken.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:55:56 AM EDT
[#6]
That dont look like too bad of a deal
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:58:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
yes, i have one and am thinking of getting another.  excellent safe, to my ken.  

How is the space in there.  I know it shows pictures but I am talking about real world.  With guns and ammo and things.  About how much can you stuff in there?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:55:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know, I got this one for $800. How's the brand guys?

American security
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:03:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I picked up one of these for $995 but had to deliver myself.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:26:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought a used Liberty safe from a local dealer for $700.00 delivered, about 4 years ago. I really didn't know that much about safes at the time, but I felt it was a good deal because the safe retailed for over $1600.00.

The dealer told me that you need to look at a few things when purchasing a safe:

1) Tool Rating (how long does a burglar have to work on the safe with tools to get into it?)

2) Fireproofing and Fire Rating (how long can the safe withstand high heat before the contents are  
   affected)

3) Number of Locking Bolts (the more the better)

4) Lock Quality

5) Internal or External Hinges

6) Empty Weight

8) Pre-Drilled holes in the bottom of the safe (for mounting to the floor with internal bolts)

9) Wall and Door Thickness

I checked out the features of the safe that you are looking at buying it looks like it meets almost all of the above features. I would say that $758.00 delivered is a smokin' deal. If this is your first safe you will have a really secure feeling when you leave your home, especially if you go on a trip for any length of time.

Good Luck!  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:30:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I bought a used Liberty safe from a local dealer for $700.00 delivered, about 4 years ago. I really didn't know that much about safes at the time, but I felt it was a good deal because the safe retailed for over $1600.00.

The dealer told me that you need to look at a few things when purchasing a safe:

1) Tool Rating (how long does a burglar have to work on the safe with tools to get into it?)

2) Fireproofing and Fire Rating (how long can the safe withstand high heat before the contents are  
   affected)

3) Number of Locking Bolts (the more the better)

4) Lock Quality

5) Internal or External Hinges

6) Empty Weight

8) Pre-Drilled holes in the bottom of the safe (for mounting to the floor with internal bolts)

9) Wall and Door Thickness

I checked out the features of the safe that you are looking at buying it looks like it meets almost all of the above features. I would say that $758.00 delivered is a smokin' deal. If this is your first safe you will have a really secure feeling when you leave your home, especially if you go on a trip for any length of time.

Good Luck!  

Cool  Thanks for the good info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top