Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2004 10:57:55 AM EDT
I heard the dad will sometimes try to kill kittens but what about another female, will she be safe around the kittens?

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I dunno but my bengal tried to kill me.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#2]
A Female is safe, yes, but a Tom will try to kill the kittens to bring the queen back into heat… all cats both big and small do this.

Andy
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:01:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

WOW!  I didn't know Roy Horn posted on this site!  Can I have your autograph?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just copy it off there.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#5]
wow thats pretty mean,

The cat wasn't a very good mom at first she dropped on in the living room and then went back to her bed, the little thing was just laying there meowing so I put it back with the mom sad part was it felt cold from being on the ground. She is taking good care of them now.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:14:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#7]
is it ok to touch them or should you just leave them alone?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/13528.jpg

Just copy it off there.

WTF??
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#9]
A mother cat will sometimes kill her healthy kittens I have seen it happen quite a few times.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#10]
If you touch them when they are young, the mother cat will "reject it" and not feed it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If you touch them when they are young, the mother cat will "reject it" and not feed it.

I've been petting them but the mother is use to my scent so I think I am ok.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:57:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I thought that was birds?

I don't think a domesticated cat would reject its own kitten because its human owner touched it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought that was birds?

I don't think a domesticated cat would reject its own kitten because its human owner touched it.

same here, i've never seen a mother cat reject kittens b/c of humans
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Not always.

Here is what I do.  I make sure the kittens are close to the dad and that they cry alot.

Soomer or later the daady kitten yets upset and will eat them.

If that don't work you can always toss them in a bag with a rock and take them to the river.

Good luck.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I thought that is what Ar's were for?  Pop one off, throw it in the field behind the barn, climb up on the grain bin and take a nap, the coyoes will wake you up, and you still have 29 rounds to use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top