Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2004 12:35:41 AM EDT
... Seen any of these episodes?

... Premise: Historic military operations (either Vietnam, Israeli / Arab conflicts, WWII) , asks multiple choice questions on differing tactics and strategies. Gives sound reasons to choose any. You pick. Not always as easy as it may seem.

... Good stuff
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:40:16 AM EDT
[#1]
ya, I watched it last sunday. I really like how interactive is.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:57:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:02:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I saw part of one of these episodes, the couple of questions I saw kind of left me unimpressed. I kept having the feeling that there was no way I could make a descision sitting on my couch, there are just to many things going on in the middle af a battle that you have to be aware of and aren't set values. I guess it reinforced to me what I learned under fire, every descision made in combat is a unique example, there are no easy answers.

It seems that some are so blindingly simplistic that no one could screw up on the decision, then others make differential calculus look as easy as breathing.  Its amazing what variables there are in the conflicts, but unfortunately the show cant go into all the nitty-gritty like so many of us want.

Also remember that "No plan of battle ever survived first contact with the enemy."  Can't remember the source though...
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:04:02 AM EDT
[#4]
"A plan is just a list of things that dont happen."
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:07:15 AM EDT
[#5]
which book was it that posed the question "what if your only plan IS contact with the enemy?"
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:42:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I saw part of one of these episodes, the couple of questions I saw kind of left me unimpressed. I kept having the feeling that there was no way I could make a descision sitting on my couch, there are just to many things going on in the middle af a battle that you have to be aware of and aren't set values. I guess it reinforced to me what I learned under fire, every descision made in combat is a unique example, there are no easy answers.

... Granted, however it is history and there is only one right answer after all
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top