Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 8:04:24 PM EDT
I might have a chance to get it soon, if anybody here has any advise or tips let me know.

If you could describe the course of fire, that would help too, thanks.

For those of you not, "In the know" it's a award that you can recieve for qualifying on German weapons.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I earned one in silver in '91.  You qualify on three weapons-at the time P-8 (Walther P-38), G-3, and my favorite, MG-3; some units also had Uzis.  Your lowest scoring event (in my case weird da pistol shooting)determines whether you get gold, silver, or bronze.  Then the hassle begins to get your paperwork so you can actually wear the gigantic thing.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I, too, have a silver one, earned in 1988.  G-3, Uzi, and Walther then too.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Gold here... but getting it was easier than trying to get the okay to wear it!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I, too, have a silver one, earned in 1988.  G-3, Uzi, and Walther then too.  

Weren't those some clapped out Uzi's?  They made our M60's look well built!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#5]
No shit...  IIRC, the one I had was actually FN Belgian, and was probably nice when it was new.  In 1968.  Of course, that was before EVERY Hans, Gunnar, and Wolfgang in the Bundeswehr dragged it through the mud of Wildchicken for thirty fucking years....
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Gold, in 1990.

With the g-3, I got 4 head shots (and 2 10's) at 200 (or 250, forget) shooting prone, unsupported.  With fixed sights, using Kentucky Windage.  

That was a good day.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No shit...  IIRC, the one I had was actually FN Belgian, and was probably nice when it was new.  In 1968.  Of course, that was before EVERY Hans, Gunnar, and Wolfgang in the Bundeswehr dragged it through the mud of Wildchicken for thirty fucking years....

Hey it wanst always muddy there. It was always covered in snow!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You guys were crazy 8's "Toujours Pret"?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#9]
No, I was Berlin Brigade.  Strike!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I was.. HHC 1/68 AR Silver Lions First to Fight! Ya 3 fucking years there... Lucky I didnt go postal!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I was.. HHC 1/68 AR Silver Lions First to Fight! Ya 3 fucking years there... Lucky I didnt go postal!

No shit-talk about the middle of nowhere.  I was up north with 2AD FWD "Hell on Wheels", where we were 20 miles from a major city, but visited a AIT buddy and had a good time mountain biking in your LTA.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:56:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Air Force,  Gold in 1999 6 for 6 head shots w/ G3, perfect score with the P1, and barley made Gold with the MG3. I had never shot a belt fed before.

The rifle qualifier is 6 shots at 200m prone supported on a 1/2 torso target. When we went, we weren't alowed to adjust the sights, you just had to Kentucky windage it but they gave us 6 practice shots first. I can't remember the exact course of fire for the pistol and MG3 though. I do remember the P1 was insanely easy though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top