Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2004 8:03:14 PM EDT
What's the deal with body armor? Do the troops supply their own or is it issued? Is it issued only to combat troops and everyone else has to buy their own? What's this about mothers getting together to buy their kids armor?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I gotta hand it to kerry.  He actually had the nerve to accuse Bush of being ill prepared for Iraq and forcing our soldiers to buy their own body armor when he voted against a bill designed to equip them with such things...

Yet Kerry apparently won the first debate because hes a better speaker

I swear, if we elect Kerry we deserve to get our asses kicked.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I gotta hand it to kerry.  He actually had the nerve to accuse Bush of being ill prepared for Iraq and forcing our soldiers to buy their own body armor when he voted against a bill designed to equip them with such things...

YES!!!    I was yelling at the TV set during that comment.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YES!!!    I was yelling at the TV set during that comment.  

Me too!  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#4]
What chilled me to the bone was Kerry's response to the question about what would justify a U.S. pre-emptive strike.

The words "Global Test" left me feeling a little frightened about the prospect of a Kerry administration.  In other words,  I'll only attack another nation if the world (read Europe) says I can.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#5]
They've all had body armor since about the start of the year. Initially they only had
enough new, spiffy body armor to issue to the combat troops, but since then it has
been issued to everyone.

The ceramic plates were a new item at the start of the war and had only limited
distribution.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:31:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What chilled me to the bone was Kerry's response to the question about what would justify a U.S. pre-emptive strike.

The words "Global Test" left me feeling a little frightened about the prospect of a Kerry administration.  In other words,  I'll only attack another nation if the world (read Europe) says I can.

No shit. This shows what a total ass kisser Kerry is.  I totally agree with Bush's position on this. I'm not asking anybody's permission if it's OK to protect ourselves. Especially Europe!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:44:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, mcgredo.

All you other fuckers are hijacking my thread.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:17:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Soldiers are not even allowed to cross the border into Iraq anymore without IBA (Interceptor Body Armor) and SAPI (Small Arms Protective Insert) plates - it's been part of the checklist for Reception, Staging, and Onward Movement through Kuwait for about a year.

There was an issue with some reserve and logisitics units having the older PASGT vests with no SAPI plates early in the war.  Back in Desert Storm, everyone had the old vests - OIF caught the Army in the middle of transitioning to the IBA.

Dave
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:15:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Every soldier here in Afghanistan has the IBAs with SAPI plates, at least that I've seen.  And everyone wears them every time off base.  Sometimes on base too.  Supposedly the Army has ordered some 700,000 sets or something.  I guess ALL soldiers will have an IBA at some point, and they will start being incorporated into training in the field.   Train as you fight.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:20:11 AM EDT
[#10]
not sure
i heard somewhere that kerry voted NOT to allocate funds for armore, is that true?

hey, BUSH won that debate in my opinion--his attitude and demenor towards kery was appropriate b/c he was being HONEST; we cant fault the PRES for being honest and true to his opinion toward kery, right??kery was just sucking up

W was being honsest towards AMericans by showing his distast of kery
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:35:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I too am concerned about such statements also. The UN has pretty much dropped the ball in Sudan & Somalia. The NYTimes has been weekly writing stories and showing the horrors that the Sudan is in, and the UN is nowhere to be found. What the NYTimes is trying to get the USA to help out by pointing to the USA sheeple the horrors in Sudan ie starvation of the children and adult etc. And where the UN has been, it has been mired in controversy, such as the Oil for Food program in Iraq.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top