Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2004 7:48:25 PM EDT

I have a 1980's Guardian and a 1976 Gerber Mark 1 boot knife. Why don't they make really great fighting knives like this anymore? It's all folders that I wouldn't want to use out in the real woods. Is it that they are afraid they'll be sued if one of the double bladed knives are used in a crime?

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#1]
They discontinued the cool fixed blade fighting knife used in the movie Aliens in 2000. They probably just don't sell as well as folders do these days.

props.steinschneider.com/pulser/gerber.htm
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They discontinued the cool fixed blade fighting knife used in the movie Aliens in 2000. They probably just don't sell as well as folders do these days.

props.steinschneider.com/pulser/gerbersm04.jpg
props.steinschneider.com/pulser/gerbersm01.jpg
props.steinschneider.com/pulser/gerber.htm

For something similar, check out the GLOCK knives.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#3]
There are still alot of the older fixed blade Gerbers around but they are higher than hell,  I also like the ols US M3 knifes but the original one's are the samr way, to rich for me  . I do have a nice USMC KaBar ,  another great military knife  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top