Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2004 5:35:38 PM EDT
108th CONGRESS
2d Session

H. R. 5100

To reinstate for 10 years the repealed criminal provisions relating to assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

September 15, 2004
Mrs. MCCARTHY of New York (for herself, Mr. HOEFFEL, Mr. FERGUSON, and Mr. CASTLE) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A BILL
To reinstate for 10 years the repealed criminal provisions relating to assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Neighborhood Security Act'.

SEC. 2. REINSTATEMENT FOR 10 YEARS OF REPEALED CRIMINAL PROVISIONS RELATING TO ASSAULT WEAPONS AND LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICES.

(a) Reinstatement of Provisions Wholly Repealed- Paragraphs (30) and (31) of section 921(a), subsections (v) and (w) and Appendix A of section 922, and the last 2 sentences of section 923(i) of title 18, United States Code, as in effect just before the repeal made by section 110105(2) of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, are hereby enacted into law.

(b) Reinstatement of Provisions Partially Repealed- Section 924 of title 18, United States Code, is amended--

(1) in subsection (a)(1), by striking subparagraph (B) and inserting the following:

`(B) knowingly violates subsection (a)(4), (f), (k), (r), (v), or (w) of section 922;'; and

(2) in subsection (c)(1)(B), by striking clause (i) and inserting the following:

`(i) is a short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or semiautomatic assault weapon, the person shall be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not less than 10 years; or'.

(c) Sunset- Effective 10 years after the date of the enactment of this section--

(1) the provisions enacted by subsection (a) of this section are repealed; and

(2) section 924 of title 18, United States Code, is amended--

(A) in subsection (a)(1)(B), by striking `(r), (v), or (w)' and inserting `or (r)'; and

(B) in subsection (c)(1)(B)(i), by striking `short-barreled shotgun, or semiautomatic assault weapon' and inserting `or short-barreled shotgun'.
END

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:47:38 PM EDT
[#1]

You gotta love the nice names they try and give these things.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

We could use that same title for the repeal of the NFA laws.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't give a damn.  I refuse to obey.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:01:47 PM EDT
[#5]
They should make a rule where these idiots actually have to write their own bills. Morons would be finished instantly.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We could use that same title for the repeal of the NFA laws.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top