Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2001 7:43:21 PM EDT
[url]http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/6/5/222140.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#1]
So some German equipment that is "thoroughly cleaned and inspected prior to departure " according to USDA's Hallie Pickhardt, fails inspection upon arrival?

Sounds like the German idea of "thoroughly cleaned" leaves a lot to be desired.

Thank God the French aren't coming to this exercise......

If there are only 40 Germans coming, how do they need 10 train cars of equipment?

[red][size=4]PRK
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 9:36:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]
France and The Netherlands have confirmed cases. I don't know of any other European countries who have confirmed cases, but they are all in the process of culling animals imported from the UK and are taking comprehensive decontamination measures at airports and at least in the case of Germany, are inspecting every truck entering through their borders. It appears these nations take the threat very seriously. In fact, Norway banned British soldiers from taking part in their war games.

It appears the Europeans are more paranoid than us.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#4]
the number of bundeswehr troops are unspecified - 40 squadies are coming.... there have been german detatchment around nm for quite some time.  

steve
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 10:30:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe the Germans are here to help us with our illegal alien problem.  LOL!
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 11:49:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe the Germans are here to help us with our illegal alien problem.  LOL!
View Quote

They have quite a huge problem themselves.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:41:38 AM EDT
[#7]
They have German Air Force Pilot types at Holloman (Sp?) in NM and the whole bleepin' German Air Defense school at Ft. Bliss just south of the border. Roving Sands has been going on like this for years, with few exceptions where US deployments have forced a scaling down of participants. I think some paranoid rancher wanted to get his 15 minutes.

Adam
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 5:34:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I have personally(not joking) trained with the following foreign military organizations ON US SOIL!(as in 50 states):

French Foreign Legion
Tahitian Marines
Tongan Marines
Gurkhas
Australian Army

....ooohhh scary UN invaders!
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:28:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:34:01 AM EDT
[#10]
...They were above average soldiers, yet surpisingly lacking in discipline.
They liked to fight(as in fist-fight), but weren't too good at it.  They drank hard(though not as hard as the Aussies).
Their French officers were snotty pricks(as you can imagine).
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:49:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I've worked with the German Air Attachment at Holloman AFB in the past and believe me, they are an asset to that area. Just don't go thinking you can keep up with them at the bar. [puke]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:59:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Major Murphy:
I have personally(not joking) trained with the following foreign military organizations ON US SOIL!(as in 50 states):

French Foreign Legion
Tahitian Marines
Tongan Marines
Gurkhas
Australian Army

....ooohhh scary UN invaders!
View Quote

LMAO.  Major, I'd offer fire support, but hell, you've got it covered!  

[b]S[/b]earch[b]A[/b]nd[b]R[/b]escue[b]guy[/b]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 8:00:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Just before my first Bosnia deployment, the Danes we were tasked to support had a little problem with sniper fire into their compound from buildings on the next hill over. These folks simply removed the buildings with main gun tank fire. Prompt, direct, No need for higher authority, and a lesson taken to heart.  It's a lot safer to snipe at the Americans instead. Those Danes take things way too personally!
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top