Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 11:23:57 AM EDT
I consider myself to be kind of a current events junkie. I am especially interested in politics. But the debate last night was just too much for me. After about 45 minutes I was struggling to focus and after an hour I was struggling to stay awake.

The debates last night only helped me to decide one thing. I won't be watching anymore debates!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:49:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The VP debate for sure.  The next president one will be about domestic issues, which is like watching golf to me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#2]

I'm kind of a junkie as well, but I'm starting to ask myself why I insist on adding additional stress to my life by watching every single "flip flop".  My mind is made up and a debate isn't going to make me trust John Kerry, especially after he lied last night.  Oh, but he's had one consistent postion on Iraq the whole time  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes because I'd rather watch it first hand and form my own opinion(s).
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#4]
My eyes were glazing over about 45 mins in also.

How many ways can you say (or do you need to say) Kerry is spineless flip flopper without any core values???

I'll tune in at least to the opening of the next tw Prez debates.

VP debate is senseless to me.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to try but it'll probably end up being like last night's: My wife won't want to watch, so I will go to the other room to watch, and she'll get bored, and follow me, and we'll end up talking and I'll be trying to listen to both of them, and miss the more salient points and subtleties of both.

I'll tune into the next one for sure because I need to see Bush tune his performance up. I have complete confidence in the guy, but Joe Sheepdip out in America, who didn't pay any attention to **what** they were saying probably thought that Kerry won.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top