Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2004 8:40:19 AM EDT
Suspect video......

Now I'm sure the depleted uranium dust and what-not isn't exactly the healthiest thing in the world, but is it THIS unhealthy?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:52:14 AM EDT
[#1]
read this:
http://www.gulflink.osd.mil/faq_17apr.htm
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Eh?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
read this:
http://www.gulflink.osd.mil/faq_17apr.htm

So unless it's inhaled or consumed in some fashion you should be ok....thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:22:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Wait a second, aren't some of those children on that video a product of the Chernobyl incident?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Greatly exagerated(sp?).
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#6]
It's roughly as dangerous as lead:  don't eat it, don't breath it.

-z
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I hear that is very bad for you...
When inhaled directly out of the muzzle of a GAU-8 or 120mm main gun.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:34:12 AM EDT
[#8]
What most people dont know is that there are alot of things around us which are naturally radioactive.  The depleted uranium which cannot be used for fissiable fuel in reactors has never been introduced to a neutron flux or activated.  I has slightly higher background radiation than coal.  The reason they use it for bullets is that its very heavy and dense.  I really doubt that the claims of this film are true, unless they eat the spent rounds for breakfast every morning.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#9]
That has got to be one of the biggest bullshit videos that I've seen in a long time... it even tops
the Reynolds-wrap inducing 9/11 video of the 'disappearing Pentagon airliner' video in failing the
sniff test....

Maybe to the sheeple that never heard of "GOOGLE" or 'do your own research', but if you do any
research on your own, it shows that this is yet another scare tactic, for whatever reason.

I started a rather lengthy slam of this bullshit, but it's not worth my time, responding to such
horseshit....
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:31:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Also, it said the first was nuclear war was in Iraq.  The person who made the video obviously forgot about WWII and Hiroshima and Japan.  the video should have said "the second nuclear war."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top