Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/1/2004 7:33:15 AM EDT
I thought this might interest you guys. As part of his "Slacker Tour," Moore's coming to Florida State to speak tomorrow. Out of curiosity, I got tickets to see the fat man speak. Seating was extremely limited and hundreds of people waited in line for hours to get tickets. There were a large number of Republican students among them...They waited to get tickets, and then ripped them up as soon as they got them in order to keep others from going. When Moore comes, there could be a couple hundred empty seats in the auditorium because of this. I thought you all would find that amusing.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:36:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Leave your weapons at home. You'll realize how desperately he needs to to be silenced and be solely tempted.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know what to think about that (tearing up the Moore tickets).

I'd think it would be better to just show up, hold up signs of protest silently, and stand with your back to Moore the whole time.

In my view, its really sort of bad form to show up somewhere and hold yourself out as one thing, while having other more devious or hidden intentions.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:42:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Agreed.  That's one windbag that should go back to eating donuts in his basement instead of creating "documentaries".  Wonder how much FSU paid him to speak?  Isn't it amazing what your tuition actually buys?  As far as the "boycott", that's EXCELLENT!  Let us know how pointless the speech is.  MJD
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#5]
He'll also be at the University of South Florida in Tampa on Sunday,  I'm tempted to go just to heckle the fat bastard.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:43:12 AM EDT
[#6]
We need to do a group buy at this other tour locations.  Any students want to help us out?

I bet they simply let people in for free if the seats aren't filled.

If you do go tell him you like his documentary and ask how he came up with the idea to do "Super Size me" Follow up with a question asking when he plans to loose the weight he put on during the filming.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:44:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I thought this might interest you guys. As part of his "Slacker Tour," Moore's coming to Florida State to speak tomorrow. Out of curiosity, I got tickets to see the fat man speak. Seating was extremely limited and hundreds of people waited in line for hours to get tickets. There were a large number of Republican students among them...They waited to get tickets, and then ripped them up as soon as they got them in order to keep others from going. When Moore comes, there could be a couple hundred empty seats in the auditorium because of this. I thought you all would find that amusing.

RICHMOND, Va. — George Mason University just shit canned him
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:44:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Run a line of donuts from his hotel
room to the back of a van. Lock him
in the van and drive to the middle of
a swamp. Leave him to comune with
the rest of his reptilian brethern.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#9]
You really should try organizing a peaceful protest outside.
This way the news jerks can't say "The student body of FSU supports.....(add whatever spin they come up with)"
It would be pretty hard for them to ignore a large number of protestors compared to whatever number of dipshits that actually care what that fat slob has to say.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:45:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I'd think it would be better to just show up, hold up signs of protest silently, and stand with your back to Moore the whole time.

In my view, its really sort of bad form to show up somewhere and hold yourself out as one thing, while having other more devious or hidden intentions.  

Apparently they are going to check for signs before they let people in. I have, however, heard from several Republicans who are actually going just for the hell of it.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:48:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted: Wonder how much FSU paid him to speak?  Isn't it amazing what your tuition actually buys?

I was reading about it in the student newspaper and I guess he normally requires that the school pay him $20,000. For some reason he waived the fee for FSU, though. The tickets were also free, so at least students didn't actually have to pay.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:48:53 AM EDT
[#12]
do you have a bolt gun that gets good penetration on safari-grade targets?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:49:53 AM EDT
[#13]
COM

...and thats alot of M
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:50:33 AM EDT
[#14]
'Slacker' tour? This for whom, the illiterates who can't read Chomsky?

Well, enjoy (if that's even possible) and report back.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:51:51 AM EDT
[#15]
DAMMIT!!  I can't find it.  On newgrounds.com there is or was a cartoon which I found very funny called, "You are a fucking moron (michael moore)" or something like that, anyway.  I CAN'T FIND IT THOUGH!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:53:24 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apparently they are going to check for signs before they let people in. I have, however, heard from several Republicans who are actually going just for the hell of it.

Bring a beach ball.  

You could also get a chant going... We had a 'Fu(k Tom Arnold' chant going when he was here for the ASU-Iowa game... (Don't know if you could hear that on TV or if they tried to block it out, but it was pretty loud...)
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:57:08 AM EDT
[#17]
they were looking at him to come to the u of minn.  think it was like 40k for to blather
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Two Words. . .

Stink Bomb

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:01:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:06:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Too bad I am working tomorrow or i would show up the other rebublicans and heckel him.

edit fer spelling
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:06:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Please, please, please throw a doughnut at him.  The press coverage would be priceless and you would become an arfcom hero.
Just kidding of course.  Assault is illegal and not promoted by ar15.com nor its representatives.

Well, you could always take up a collection and order a bunch of pizzas to be delivered to him while he's on stage.

Accomplishes the same thing without the assault.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:14:35 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Well, you could always take up a collection and order a bunch of pizzas to be delivered to him while he's on stage.

+1

In addition, organize a protest... "FSU student support truth in media", and distribute a list of the "misstatements" and "technicalities" surrounding the content of his flicks.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#23]
CloningBagels,

I haven't noticed you around the board lately.   Been studing hard I guess at school?  Good to hear from you again.  We all had some interesting threads in the past.  Your input and point of view was always meaningful.  

See ya later.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:28:30 AM EDT
[#24]
I vote for throwing a donut at him.  I'm not saying you have to be the one who does it.

I'm immature like that, but it would be funny as hell to hear about on the news.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:38:39 AM EDT
[#25]
At UF when I was there they had some Nation of Islam scumbag come to speak.  I couldn't get tickets, but they were kind enough to have speakers outside so you could hear him.  The Jewish Student Union set up a protest.  At one point inside a student stood at turned his back to the speaker.  The speaker threatened to have his people remove the student if the police did not.  The police removed him.

Back on topic....
I'm not into partisan politics at all, but I really hate this fat bastard.  I'm sorry to see that a school in my hometown would have him speak.  I like the idea of tearing up the tickets, but I'd wait to do it the day of the "show".  If you can't get in with a sign, how about an air horn.  Every time he lies, you toot the horn.  On second thought, you'd better bring ten horns, the first 9 will run out of air.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
CloningBagels,

I haven't noticed you around the board lately.   Been studing hard I guess at school?  Good to hear from you again.  We all had some interesting threads in the past.  Your input and point of view was always meaningful.  

See ya later.

Well thanks. Since school started I've been busy enough that I've been able to get over my arfcom addiction.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Kick him in the balls for me!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Mangina, dude.  There's no way that fatass has testicles.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:50:29 AM EDT
[#30]
And MM is fighting for the little guy... Yah ok... Why doesn't he spend some of the 100 mil he got part of for FH911. He needs another 40 grand yah.   Bet he will never give a dime of it to do any good. The man is just anti American. him

http://www.electoral-vote.com/info/graph.html  
http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Looks like bush is predicted any way so keep on lying MM ...
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mangina, dude.  There's no way that fatass has testicles.

AHH!!  So true.  My mistake.

Dude, kick him in the mangina for me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:53:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Go to the speech. Bring him pie...

boston cream pie... apply to his face at good velocity... also rotten eggs...
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:56:51 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I just found out that my University of Minnesota is paying him about $40,000 to come speak here soon...  

No kidding...? What a fricken waste of taxpayer money.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Smart move tearing up the tickets.  Now when you don't show up they can just let those 200-300 Liberal ass Moore supporters in so they still have a full house and it will look good for him.
Those who tore up their tickets missed a great opportunity.
I like the idea of standing facing away from the fat troll.
Peaceful disruptions also sound good.
Learn from this mistake and do better next time.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:14:23 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Smart move tearing up the tickets.  Now when you don't show up they can just let those 200-300 Liberal ass Moore supporters in so they still have a full house and it will look good for him.
Those who tore up their tickets missed a great opportunity.
I like the idea of standing facing away from the fat troll.
Peaceful disruptions also sound good.
Learn from this mistake and do better next time.

I wasn't one of the people who tore it up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#36]
I am sure you will welcome him with open arms....

SGtar15
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Leave your weapons at home. You'll realize how desperately he needs to to be silenced and be solely tempted.

You'll be frisked before entering. I saw him at IIT many years ago (Free ticket.)

He's INCREDIBLY paranoid.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#38]
vegetables. Nice rotten vegetables.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#39]
You need to go, then when the fat fuck is not speaking you need to ask questions.

If he (or anyone) tries to shut you down just yell "FREE SPEECH" and "FIRST AMENDMENT" and use his own quotes against him.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Wear a "fight obesity" T-shirt.

Then pie him on the way out.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I am sure you will welcome him with open arms....

SGtar15

Not even that stretchy dude from the Fantastic 4 has enough arm to reach around him.

I'm voting for the pizza idea.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:05:37 PM EDT
[#43]

Only complete morons would tear up the tickets.  Theatre owners (or event organizers) have the right to fill up the empty seats with last minute "RUSH" ticket sales.

The anti-Moore people need to show up--not only to heckle and question Moore--but to keep lib sympathizers from filling the empty seats.

SHOW UP!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#44]

You all should have gone and heckled him in unison.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Heckling is boorish.

Prepare pertinent, well worded questions and make him answer them directly.

Tell him about how the people he called "freedom fighters" and "minutemen" just blew up 30+ kids who were waiting for candy.

Do it with class and you'll make a hell of an impression on the fence sitters.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Wear a shirt that says " Fuck M Moore" on one side, and "Fuck Liberals" on the other. Just wear a jacket over it, get in there, and let her rip. That should get some attention.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Nice!  Throw donuts at him
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Water balloon his ass of the stage.  

1 bucket of pigs blood and a little alone time in the rafters with rope and some remote control car parts.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#49]

Guys and Gals, he is coming to UCF tomorrow as well.  Just heard it on the news.  They are paying him $6,000 to speak.

The school is 5 minutes from my home.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:01:07 PM EDT
[#50]
They already knew it was happening and will fill the empties.  They should have attended and heckled him.  But what do you know your just a feeble college student...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top