Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2004 12:49:01 AM EDT
I 'repaired' the blown away shingles with roofing tar.  There is a large area on the west side of the house with smaller areas throughout.
Some other pics of the wet interior seen below.
I'm getting a 'deal' of about $11,000 for a "39 squares" area roof replaced with Owens Corning shingles.
Gotta do it.  Home insurance and FEMA to help.

Those storms sucked big time.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:15:21 AM EDT
[#1]
1 square= 3 bundels of shingles

a square is 10 feet x10 feet=100square feet

( this is just for information so people in florida don't get bent over by conmen trying to rape your wallet)
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:17:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Reminds me of then I had treelimbs spear down into my living room this year.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:26:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

RUN   mother nature is going to go JBT on you she already knocked down your door
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:28:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RUN   mother nature is going to go JBT on you she already knocked down your door

I had a chair in there, I never use it but a limb was stabbing down stopping right where your head would have been if you were sitting in it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:50:34 AM EDT
[#5]
How likely is mold going to be a problem with that ceiling?

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:56:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I am sorry to see all the damage to your home, and hope the repairs go as smoothly as can be expected.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:32:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How likely is mold going to be a problem with that ceiling?
GunLvr

Very likely...as a matter of fact, it has started to grow already.  I have a drywall contractor coming out to give me an estimate of replacement of the walls and ceiling today.  I keep the air curculating so not to breathe that stuff. The insulation throughout the house also needs to be replaced.  
MAJOR bucks here fellas.  I hope insurance steps up and does the right thing.  I've paid premiums for 20 years without a claim.  It's their turn now.  No BS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top