Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2004 10:22:48 PM EDT
I am going through the polls.

"Bush lost the debate"

DUh is GLOATING and I NEVER go that site...

Please tell me there is hope, Is there a reason to panic. Maybe I am overtired I dont know.

then my friend tells me that he hopes Kerry loses so HE CAN VOTE FOR HILLARY IN 2008!!!

ARRRRRRRRGH THATS THE END OF THAT FRIENDSHIP!!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:26:48 PM EDT
[#1]
You can't mention the words "Friend" And "HILLARY"  in the same sentence.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:27:11 PM EDT
[#2]
The sooner they come for our firearms, the sooner we can start the revolution!

(I am of course... joking  )

Tonight was a bitch for me as well.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Its not going good, remember there are 2 more debates
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:35:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Kerry Campaign Unknowingly Recorded Claming "Debtate was a Draw"
Drudge Report ^ | 9-30-04 | Drudge

Posted on 09/30/2004 9:07:49 PM PDT by Bronco_Buster_FweetHyagh

LOCKHART: DEBATE CONSENSUS A 'DRAW'

Unbeknownst to Kerry adviser Mike McCurry, a C-SPAN camera quietly followed McCurry as he found Kerry adviser Joe Lockhart on Spin Alley floor and asked him his impression of the debate. Lockhart candidly said to McCurry , “The consensus is it was a draw.”
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:38:06 PM EDT
[#6]
i have two things to say: Global Test and Iranian Nukes. Kerry lost.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:41:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I watched much of it and while Kerry is a pretty good debator I believe President Bush not only won the debate but kicked Kerry's ass.

President Bush was not as lively but was very Prersidential and was on point.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#8]
GW could beat the snot out of John sKerry - flat out.  sKerry would be curled up in a corner, sucking his thumb in the fetal position.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:42:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I watched much of it and while Kerry is a pretty good debator I believe President Bush not only won the debate but kicked Kerry's ass.

President Bush was not as lively but was very Prersidential and was on point.

+1 - Well said.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:42:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Here ya go....

Now just sit back and relax man...

It be alright.  GWB has it in the bag man...

Yeah................

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:43:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh yeah man!

I almost forgot!!!!!!

45 states man....

Peace out!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:52:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Oh yeah man!

I almost forgot!!!!!!

45 states man....

Peace out!

Sgtar15

I was waiting for you and Palo to calm me down... Ratters and Macallan should round off the edges for me then I am going to sleep.

Next debate cant come quick enough. Lets see what Limbaugh, Hannity and Larry Elder have to say tomorrow.

Come on Bush!!! make it happen!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:59:40 PM EDT
[#13]
DrFridge,

I agree GWB isn't the best debater.

But let me ask you something.  WHen presented with a new idea do you prefer someone explains all the technical BS which you don't understand or someone that speaks on your level in simple english?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:27:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't fret. Bush only has to survive the debates without a major lock-up and he will continue to lead the vote. Pretty soon the "urination" video will be released, OBL will be defrosted and the DU'ers will all move to France!

Also, from FNC:

Poll Watch

CBS poll of 200 "fence sitters" found that 44 percent thought Kerry won Thursday night's debate, 26 percent said Bush came out the victor and 30 percent said the two candidates tied.  

An ABC News poll found that 45 percent of respondents said Kerry won, 36 percent said Bush did and 17 percent said the two men tied.

As for national polls showing Kerry behind in the race, aides to the Democratic challenger dispute the accuracy of surveys of likely voters, arguing they fail to account for newly registered voters recruited by groups like MoveOn, Rockers, HipHop, and America Coming Together.

According to a Los Angeles Times national poll conducted Sept. 25-28, Bush has 51 percent, compared to Kerry's 46 percent. Among the 1,100 likely voters surveyed, 3 percent were undecided. Among 1,531 registered voters, Bush had 49 percent support, Kerry had 45 percent and 6 percent were undecided.

Kerry has a slight lead over Bush, however, according to a Fairleigh Dickinson University poll of 489 likely New Jersey voters, conducted Sept. 23-28. Kerry got 45 percent in that poll, while Bush got 44 percent and independent candidate Ralph Nader got 1 percent; 10 percent were undecided.

Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania

Bush has a 10-point lead over Kerry among the 704 likely Florida voters surveyed in a CNN/USAToday/Gallup poll. Conducted Sept. 24-27, the poll found that Bush has 53 percent support over Kerry's 43 percent. Bush gained four percentage points since an earlier poll was conducted by the same group. Four percent or respondents were unsure.

That same group surveyed 664 likely voters in Ohio from Sept. 25-29 and found that Bush got 50 percent support, Kerry got 48 percent and 2 percent were unsure. In a three-way race with Nader, Bush got 49 percent, Kerry got 47 percent and Nader got 1 percent; 3 percent were unsure.

Among 654 likely Pennsylvania voters, a CNN/USAToday/Gallup poll found that Bush has 50 percent support, Kerry has 47 percent and 3 percent are unsure. Throw Nader in the mix and Bush's support drops to 49 percent, Kerry's to 46 percent and Nader gets 1 percent support; 4 percent are unsure.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:08:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Here is another pacifier for you:

johnkerryads.websiteanimal.com/

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:13:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
DrFridge,

But let me ask you something.  WHen presented with a new idea do you prefer someone explains all the technical BS which you don't understand or someone that speaks on your level in simple english?

Oh of course simple english. I usually tell my wife that likes that technical BS to read the manual or book of stuff I am not interested in and give me the cliff notes.

I also got through watching FoxNews on the replay and it wasnt as bad as some of the reactions I heard. GRANTED it could have been A LOT better.

The next hurdle is nest FRIDAY'S debate. reason why I emphasized Friday is because WHAT SHEEPLE stays home to watch a Presidential debate on a Friday night?

Bottom line I noticed is Kerry is one arrogant self centered elitist prick.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:17:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
GW could beat the snot out of John sKerry - flat out.  sKerry would be curled up in a corner, sucking his thumb in the fetal position.

Actually... I think someone who had the balls to win a silver star probably could hold his own in a fight to the point where he wasn't curled up in a corner. (JUST My Opinion)

P.S. I think Kerry won

P.P.S.   I don't think these debates will change the out come of the election that much... so it doesn't really matter. Anyone who hasn't made up their mind yet is a dumb fuck. The debates shouldn't change anyone's mind.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:51:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Oh yeah man!

I almost forgot!!!!!!

45 states man....

Peace out!

Sgtar15

SGT, if you are correct, I will buy you a beer.
Promise.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:01:09 AM EDT
[#19]
I have to say that I was hoping that Bush would give me a reason to vote for him. So far, I am merely voting against Kerry. Bush didn't win me over, and I wanted him to. If he didn't win me over, then I suspect that the genuine fence sitters weren't won over either. The voters that are as yet undecided will elect the next President.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:53:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually... I think someone who had the balls to win a silver star probably could hold his own in a fight to the point where he wasn't curled up in a corner. (JUST My Opinion)

Actually, I think sKerry is a big pussy, lady-boy, who would jump at the sight of his own shadow.

P.S. I think Kerry won

The only thing he won was the back flip contest.  FLIPPER!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:35:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Palo_Duro I don't like Kerry either... but you're living in a fantasy world if you think Bush really won that debate. He is not an articulate speaker.... he lost man.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:40:49 AM EDT
[#22]
What will decide it for the undecideds is which campaign commercial they see last and which one is most effective. Most of these "undecideds" have the attention span of a gnat on crack. They won't remember these debates or what the pundits said about them.

What is most important to remember is that Bush stayed on track and was consistent. He repeated himself a lot, which will resonate with a lot of people. Keep it Simple, Stupid. Most people will only remember about Kerry that he spoke articulately, was slick, but had no substance or offered solutions, other than "We need a change, I won't make mistakes, and I'm not Bush."

Relax, guys, this election is in the bag.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:44:22 AM EDT
[#23]
At least GWB didn't fail his hands around like a spastic.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:56:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:05:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
DrFridge,

That is an understatement - --- it presumes he can debate at all. He is slow, very slow.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:22:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
.....my friend tells me that he hopes Kerry loses so HE CAN VOTE FOR HILLARY IN 2008!!!

Not everyone you meet or speak to is your "friend".

With "friends" like that........at least you can smile at him when you have to shoot him!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:29:44 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
They are only saying that "Kerry won" to boost their confidence.

Exactly.

Remember - the election was over according to the Dems, right after the Dem convention.

They think if you say if it enuf , and click your heels three times, it magically comes true.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:30:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

45 states man....

Peace out!

Sgtar15

SGT, if you are correct, I will buy you a beer.
Promise.

I'll buy you a six pack!!!

Promise.

(and I don't drink)

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:38:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Relax.  The debate was an overall draw.  Even the Dems admit that quietly.

Kerry is a better debater.  He was clearly well prepared and did very well...better than Bush.  That he is a glib lawyer, able to speak well and is quick on his feet, is a BIG deal with the Denizons of DU...they think that he can win the election on the debate alone.  Not true by a long shot.  

Does this help Kerry?  Certainly...because of what Mac said with such clarity in an earlier thread:  Those unconnected sheeple who watch Oprah, morning talk shows, the three evening networks for their "news" spin, all depend to a large degree on the debates.  They don't blog, they don't read the Washington Times, (Remember, 1/2 of the NYTs/LATs/WP are female advertisements now...perfume, clothing and cultural crapola!), or listen to [conservative] talk radio.  They are ignorant of the world around them and have NO FUCKING CLUE HOW AT RISK THEY AND THEIR LITTLE DARLINGS ARE!!!  I know because our best friend fits that mold to a "T".  Last Saturday we had dinner out with her, her hubby and their 16 year old daughter.  They recognize I'm the political nutjob in our sphere.  So...what was the kickoff question for me?  "When will Bush renew the DRAFT?" They were hyperspastic that their baby would be called up and have to fight in a foreign war.  (Let's not pursue this tangent for now...ok?).  It took some convincing to disabuse them of this incredible canard being spread around by the Dems and their willing accomplices in the media.

The political junkies like most of us realize however that it is going to take a herculean effort on the part of Monsieur Kerry to overcome the fundamental flaws in his character and his campaign.  He can't change his spots.

The debates may help Kerry...but his doing well won't decide the election.  The loonies over at the DU can't see this...nor would they admit it anyway.  Grasping at straws, they are...so don't get upset at what a bunch of crazies on the Left say or do.

Have faith...we will win.  I believe it.  The American electorate isn't that dumb...are we?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:43:16 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't think Bush did that bad, although he could have hammered Kerry by getting more specific on issues that Kerry let slip.  Don't fret - Bush enjoys the 'town hall' style of debate - he's much more comfortable in those - and thats next.

And bear in mind - Cheney/Edwards debate is coming up.   Edwards is gonna slip into that robotic smile hes got going, and Gore style of looking like he's constipated (as my daughter once said )

Cheney is gonna wipe the floor with him.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:44:20 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Have faith...we will win.  I believe it.  The American electorate isn't that dumb...are we?

8 years of Clinton.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:49:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:50:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:59:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Last night I felt Bush at least tied and probably won because Kerry told so many lies and because Kerry is annoying--he's at best a humorless scold.  This morning I feel more strongly that Bush won, but I have not listened to the Main Stream Media or read a MSM paper today.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:18:11 AM EDT
[#35]
One good thing that will come from this is that hopefully the Bush supporters who have been acting far too complacent lately will get back into it and work to get GW reelected.  I have seen too many times on this site people saying "well, now that GW has such a lead, I can vote for Nader".  I hope the doubt in his debate performance will nix that attitude RIGHT NOW.

Another thing is that Kerry had a HUGE advantage in the debates tonight.  He can stand there and say anything he wants about what he WILL do if he becomes president.  President Bush has 4 years of decisions that Kerry can criticize.  It is easy to make promise after promise after promise when a large majority of voters have no idea about your record.

His horseshit about rounding up all the nuclear material in the former USSR, claiming he will begin to bring troops home in 6 months, getting Iran and NK to disarm, etc. etc. etc.  They are all outrageous promises that most voters with any sense will see right through.  Kerry might as well have stood up there and said that in his first 4 years he will single handedly come up with an alternative to gasoline, will find Osama, will make it so there are no more poor people in America, will make sure no more hurricanes hit Florida, and will finally guarantee world peace.  Empty promises.

President Bush was much more sincere in his delivery.  Kerry had canned responses for each question so of course he came off more polished.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:26:16 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
The sooner they come for our firearms, the sooner we can start the revolution!

(I am of course... joking  )

Tonight was a bitch for me as well.  

You are only joking on the outside, but down deep...
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:33:36 AM EDT
[#37]
This needs a bump.......

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:36:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:40:52 AM EDT
[#39]
The lefty German paper Der Spiegel (sp) is saying that Kerry blew it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:45:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:48:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Here ya go:  

Gallup's post debate internals:  

***Demonstrated he is tough enough for the job Bush 54/ Kerry 37
***Likable Bush 48/Kerry 41
***Believable Bush 48 / Kerry 45
***Agreed with you more on the issues you care about Bush 49/ Kerry 46
***Had a good understanding of the issues 41/41
***Expressed himself more clearly Bush 32/Kerry 60

So the people polled recognized Kerry's better presentation.   But they still don't fucking trust him.  Bush topped him in "tough enough,"  "likeable",  "believable" and on the issues.

I'd say the Kerry folks have some heartburn at these numbers.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:50:09 AM EDT
[#42]
You have to wait a full 48 hours before the full impact of this stuff is felt.  I went to bed last night feeling a little down, but this morning was better!

Give it time.  Democrat spin is telling.  They are spinning so fast that they are going to get dizzy and fall flat in time.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:57:44 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

8 years of Clinton.

I'll remind you that Bush 41 alienated his own base and ran a pathetic campaign, and that Dole would have lost to Carter, for pete's sake!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:01:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Bush didn't totally bomb during the debate (imho). He made some valid points about the risks involved in bilateral talks with North Korea, and when Kerry made his remarks about certainty, he mentioned that his core moral beliefs (abortion and ect.) were not going to change with the wind like someone else we know (Kerry). I am sure he didn't sway anyone that doesn't support him with this debate, but he couldn't have lost many supporters either. BTW - I come from a democratic background, and what struck me with Kerry's side of the debate is that he never promised to end the war. A lot of people are voting for him in hopes of ending the war and he said something about how our troops need to be there to help Iraq.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:00:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top