Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2004 9:54:38 PM EDT
The Digital Bits

While we're on the subject of the Star Wars DVDs, we've been getting many, many questions and complaints about the audio changes and "music issues" on A New Hope. All we can tell you is that Lucasfilm claims the audio on the disc is exactly as they intended it to be. HOWEVER, we are also getting a lot of complaints from readers who have been experiencing a disc playback problem with A New Hope. Apparently, on many players, the disc freezes for a few seconds (we suspect near the layer switch point) and then skips ahead several minutes. Fox Customer Service is taking the names and addresses of people who are experiencing this problem so they can arrange to send you a fixed replacement disc. You can call them at 888-223-2FOX. Again, this addresses the freezing problem only. This is not a replacement for any sound issues. Just FYI.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Just a bump cause I forgot who had this problem in the Star Wars thread and want them to see it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I did, thanks!!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow that's great news! Hopefully it is a widespread problem.  I hope it affects Lucas moree than Fox.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you have to send them back the old one?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top