Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 8:32:33 PM EDT
I heard on a radio talk show the other day that Israel was buying a crapload of missles from us to take out irans nuclear facility, and I just saw in the news yesterday that iran responded by saying it would retaliate with military force.  My question is, how likely this will happen and will we backup Israel?  Also dont you think if something goes down it can spark a world war 3, i mean were already in the brinks of it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Bring it on before I get too old to contribute
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Iran and North Korea can't be allowed to have nukes. I'm in for whatever it takes to stop them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Since we sold Israel the bunker busters I look for us to tell Isarel, "look, because of popluar opinion we can't do it but... you do it and we've got your back... period."  Therefore we have no change in policy (it was Israel who did it so they're the aggressor but we'll back them in a defensive positon and they know it).
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Jews blowin up Arab shit?

I want the transcripts, videos, and make me some posters of it.

Thumbs up, green light, here's $20 for beer and pizza when yer done.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:43:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I just hope we have solid exits of troop mass from Afghan and Iraq before that shit starts.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

- BG

+1
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:30:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Nov 3rd is the next D-Day.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

- BG

Pay Per View?

Please??
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:38:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny you say this, becuase there is actually a service in Isreal where anyone in the world can order an IDF unit pizza as a gift.

Cool.  Do they have a website?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:48:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Israel would rather face the trouble now of blowing some shit up than have a nuke go off in Tel Aviv ten years from now. They have been pretty consistent on that one too.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:50:30 PM EDT
[#12]
IDF soldiers "bombarded" with pizza and support from around the world
By Ellis Shuman   May 22, 2002

05/03 A slice for a soldier
Arutz 7

05/01 Send Pizza and Pepsi to soldiers on active duty
IMRA

Pizza for Israeli Soldiers

Israeli soldiers sit in their tank on the outskirts of Nablus, ready for the smallest indication of Palestinian terrorist activity. The night is dark; the location is hostile and unknown. The soldiers' mission is full of personal discomfort and danger, yet it is one of utmost importance - safeguarding the citizens of Israel. Then time comes for a well-deserved break, and the pizza delivery arrives.

"It is impossible to put into words what the arrival of pizza can do for a tank crew sitting on the outskirts of Nablus," writes Lt. Col. Efraim Hivsh, commander of the 7050 Battalion. "Light in their eyes, warmth in their stomachs and the heart that glows with love," he adds, describing the appreciation of the soldiers in his command to those who ordered the pizza.

Behind the platters of pizza is an online morale booster called Pizza for Israeli Soldiers at www.pizzaidf.org/. The website allows supporters to send Pizza and Pepsi to active duty soldiers. "These soldiers include those on regular military service as well as those who have left their homes, families and jobs to serve the Jewish people as miluim (reserve duty) fighters," the website says.

Four different pizza "packages" are available on the site, ranging from a pizza pie and bottle of Pepsi for a patrol at $16.95, to a much larger order for a platoon of soldiers at $89.95. All products are Kosher l'mehadrin, allowing all soldiers receiving them to be able to eat them. The delivery costs are included in the price; the pizzas are sent from various pizzerias ensuring their hot delivery to the soldiers on duty.

"As we are taught that the highest form of charity is to help people to work with dignity, we feel, in our small way, that we are contributing positively to the overall situation," say the website organizers - Menachem Kuchar, Shimon Aharon and Perry Zamek.

The website has been online for about a month, and was publicized on Internet sites and in a number of stories that appeared in the press. "The results have been much greater than our most optimistic expectations," Aharon says. Aharon, who is currently serving his own stint of reserve duty at the Tapuach Junction, says the pizzas even made it to his unit there.

"In a month some 4,000 pizza pies were donated," he says. "The orders are continuing to come in. 90% of the orders came from the United States, and the rest were received from Europe."

"As American Jews, we would like to thank you for defending the state of Israel in these difficult times. Our prayers for your safety and a lasting peace come with this pizza," says a message received from New Jersey.

"Thank you for fighting to keep our homeland free for all of us," says a message from New York.

Yediot Aharonot sent a reporter and a photographer out one night with the pizza distribution. According to the paper, the soldiers' response was ecstatic. "In the middle of a patrol, when you are dying of hunger, there is nothing better than a hot pizza," said one soldier.

Yediot Aharonot's headline said that the IDF soldiers were being "bombarded" with pizzas. The Hebrew word for "bombarded" sounds like "pizza." The snack's hot delivery shows but a slice of the support and appreciation for Israel's soldiers on the front lines.

Delivery of pizza donated to IDF units may require additional security inspections, Maariv reported today. According to the newspaper, soldiers in the IDF's Central Command are forbidden to receive deliveries that they did not order, due to the fear that hostile elements may take advantage of the good will and booby-trap the pizza boxes.

Quoted:
Funny you say this, becuase there is actually a service in Isreal where anyone in the world can order an IDF unit pizza as a gift.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:57:33 PM EDT
[#13]
After Iran defiantly refused to disarm its
nuclear program.

The bush administration announced it
just sold Israel 500 "Bunker-Busting"
bombs.

So F*ck 'em.

Things may get very interesting here.
Soon.

If the Israelis do to Irans nuclear
ambitions what they did to Iraq in 1981.

F*ck 'em!

Gods speed, Israel.!!
---
MH.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:00:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Details of the sale were posted here…

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=277210

Andy
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:41:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Striking Iran... is not going to be easy... nor will it be good for our interests..... it could actually backfire.

Read here for what a renown think tank specializing on Non-Proliferation has to say.

Attacking Iran is not a real military option.

Edit: HEY MY 100th POST
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:07:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:16:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup
pizzaidf.org

Pizza and Soda sent!

God bless Israel and damn her enemies…

ANdy
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:20:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I hope its not palestinians making the pizza.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Iran and North Korea can't be allowed to have nukes. I'm in for whatever it takes to stop them.

NK already has them.  Iran absolutely cannot be allowed to develop them though.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup
pizzaidf.org

Pizza and Soda sent!

God bless Israel and damn her enemies…

ANdy

Nice one! They sent me a thank you!…

Andy
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Irans capability will be taken out there is no doubt and the Israelis will probably do it sooner rather then later.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

If we knew Isreal was going to use those bombs to blow Iran's nuclear ambitions to kingdom come, then we should have given Isreal the bombs for free!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Iranians aren't arabs
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:24:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Iranians aren't arabs

They are Persians.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Israel would need stealth aircraft for an attack of this scale. This wouldn't be a single airstrike as was the case against Iraq in the early 80's.

I say their options are extremely limited.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:37:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
If we knew Isreal was going to use those bombs to blow Iran's nuclear ambitions to kingdom come, then we should have given Isreal the bombs for free!

Im sure we have. we pay you dont loan
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:38:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Iranians aren't arabs

They are Persians.

And speak Farsi, not Arabic
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:42:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Iranians aren't arabs

They are Persians.

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

We did! They "bought" them with money we sent them for foreign aid...that's why they use so many M16s and ACOGS...or didn't you know that? They are required to spend something like 90% of US aid monies with the US.

They WILL make the strike...and, as usual, will do it in a way that the Iranians would never suspect nor be able to defend against. Both Syria and Iran are on "THE" list, and both will fall sooner than later.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Israel would need stealth aircraft for an attack of this scale. .

Why?? The US won't stop them,  only Saudi airspace will be "violated"(and they will protest.), but nobody else in the region could touch them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Nov 3rd is the next D-Day.

OK Nostradamus, care to share with the rest of us?

AKASL
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Israel would need stealth aircraft for an attack of this scale. .

Why?? The US won't stop them,  only Saudi airspace will be "violated"(and they will protest.), but nobody else in the region could touch them.

Stealth aircraft would be needed to knock out the the rather robust Iranian air defenses.

An F-15 would be too fat of a target over Iran.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Why dont they use the M.O.A.B. (mother of all bombs)
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

uhhh....do you even know what the MOAB was designed for?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Israel would need stealth aircraft for an attack of this scale.

no they wouldn't......
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Israel would need stealth aircraft for an attack of this scale.

no they wouldn't......

Read the link on the first page- it's a good read.

I've read several "think tank" reports, and I haven't seen one that believes Israel has the air assets to mount an effective attack against Iranian nuclear targets.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, but it sounds like it can do alot of damage, enlighten me please.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:47:16 PM EDT
[#38]
God Bless Israel

support the IDF

Israel military gear
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Iranians aren't arabs

They are Persians.

And speak Farsi, not Arabic

They are rag heads.  They wipe their ass with their hand.  Too bad Reagan is gone, they shit their pants when he threatened them.  They let the hostages go the very day he was sworn in.  That is the kind of president we could use now.  That is the only thing these pigs molesters understand.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Linky?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:58:35 PM EDT
[#41]
If George Bush weren't taking so much flak for his preemptive policies there would be f-117s over Iran every night for a few weeks
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:50:35 PM EDT
[#42]
does a strike really need to be carried out by aircraft? doesn't Israel have missles that can strike anywhere in Iran?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I just hope we have solid exits of troop mass from Afghan and Iraq before that shit starts.

Nope, It'll be Army vs Marines in the race to Tehran.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:59:12 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
does a strike really need to be carried out by aircraft? doesn't Israel have missles that can strike anywhere in Iran?

Very good, grasshoper.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#45]
FYI, I work for a company that manufactures igniter testing equipment.  We sell units to Raytheon, American Ordinance, British Ministry of Defense, etc, etc, etc.  

Earlier this week we got an order from Isreal.  It's not the first one we've gotten from them, but it's the first one in a long time.  

Just food for thought.

www.amptecresearch.com

PS - The missle defense system is alive and well.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:41:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:45:40 PM EDT
[#47]
They should have something like that for our troops, i know here in burger king you could buy meals for them, they would cook them up at the airport in Iraq.  I bought 10 of them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:52:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuel Air Explosive. It burns a lot of shit, has quite a concussion to it, but it was designed to destroy things on the surface, not underground. The earth and concrete would probably shield the facility. In A'stan they used the predecessor of the MOAB, the BLU-92 Daisy Cutter, to suck the air out of caves and suffocate Haji's. I suspect the Iranians are running some sort of air lock on their shit underground, to prevent against this or chemical attack.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:58:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Fuel Air Explosive. It burns a lot of shit, has quite a concussion to it, but it was designed to destroy things on the surface, not underground. The earth and concrete would probably shield the facility. In A'stan they used the predecessor of the MOAB, the BLU-92 Daisy Cutter, to suck the air out of caves and suffocate Haji's. I suspect the Iranians are running some sort of air lock on their shit underground, to prevent against this or chemical attack.

Thanks I feel smarter now.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:46:24 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Linky?

Back there on page one buddy!

Got it and if I would have reviewed the entire post I would have found it.

Thanks for the link
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top