Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2004 5:04:46 PM EDT
Anyone ever do it themselves?

My fiancee just accidently drove through the driveway I had sealed this morning. It left a set of light tire tracks right down the middle of the driveway.

How hard is it to DIY? Is it possible to just redo the affected section and get it to match correctly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#1]
?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:09:48 PM EDT
[#2]
lowes and homedepot sells the stuff in 5 gallon buckets and have all the tools you will need to do it

www.lowes.com/lkn?action=howTo&p=LawnGarden/SealDvWay.html&rn=RightNavFiles/rightNavLumber
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#3]
you can get this sealer at about any hard ware store or lumber yard, and its thin enough you can just cover the area that she drove over, you can put it on with a paint brush or a paint roller if you have one,or just get a cheapo to finish the sealing with

I think it comes by the gallon or 5gal bucket !!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:15:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm confused.

My fiancee just accidently drove through the driveway I had sealed this morning.

So you did it yourself, right?

Anyway, I'd just try to patch up the affected spots. It will wear even eventually.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm confused.

My fiancee just accidently drove through the driveway I had sealed this morning.

So you did it yourself, right?

Anyway, I'd just try to patch up the affected spots. It will wear even eventually.

No, I had it sealed while I was at work.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:18:34 PM EDT
[#6]
i figure sealant is actually a waste unless it expands and contracts with the asphalt evenly.  

i guess most of the stuff does.  its easy to apply - pour it out,  squeegee it over the area and let it dry.

oh yeah:  i used to seal my driveway too.  when i had a paved one.  now i just scrape it all back up after the hurricane rains blow it out!  where we live now, i just have a long gravel road.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I doubt you will get it to match correctly.Call the guy who did it and ask him how mutch to fix ,but dont wait long
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#8]

No, I had it sealed while I was at work.

OK, then find out exactly what kind of sealant he used and use the same stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top