Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 12:48:07 PM EDT
The guy is transfering two Glock 17 with an adjustable telestock. He is saying that is an AOW with a $200 tax stamp. I thought that a pistol with a stock was a SBR. Please help me out. Is he full of it or only confused about the config of the pistol he is selling?
linky
linky
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:51:53 PM EDT
[#1]
If it is a pistol with a stock it is (or should be) registered as a SBR.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#2]
it would be an AOW if it only had the foregrip

AOW's can not have stocks attatched, ever.  if it has a stock it is a SBR or SBS
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmmm.... Not a Glock-guru, but this guy is saying that he has 'switches' that can covert G-17s
to full-auto, for law enforcement offices.

Does this smell like or did Glock make fully-automatic capable pistols besides the Glock 18?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that really considered a forgrip? J/K    

Its actualy an extra magazine, just a nifty way to attach it to the gun . LOL

Wonder if it would actualy be considered a foregrip. Hell, some of those laser device laser, flashlight combos are so big they may be considered forgrips

i believe glock made FA switches that installed into the action and where simply operated by moving a switch on the back of the action. Ive seen them on gunbroker before but they are NFA....
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hmmmm.... Not a Glock-guru, but this guy is saying that he has 'switches' that can covert G-17s

Does this smell like or did Glock make fully-automatic capable pistols besides the Glock 18?

It's not BS. Glock pistols are fairly easy to convert to full-auto. There are companies who sell what amounts to a piece of tool steel inserted at the rear of the slide that renders a Glock capable of full-auto fire. I think an automatic G20C would kick azz........
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is that really considered a forgrip? J/K    

Its actualy an extra magazine, just a nifty way to attach it to the gun . LOL

That concept was taken from the full-auto variant of the CZ75.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not BS. Glock pistols are fairly easy to convert to full-auto. There are companies who sell what amounts to a piece of tool steel inserted at the rear of the slide that renders a Glock capable of full-auto fire. I think an automatic G20C would kick azz........

I believe Hesse made one sometime ago.  Don't know how legal it is, though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

G18 is the G17 with the switch, I believe him
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top