Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2004 12:46:36 PM EDT
My black lab Lucky has turned into an assault lab. He has his first confirmed kill. I let him outside this morning and found him standing over a giant groundhog which was 10 toes up. Lucky had a very smug, triumphant look on his face. I always thought a dog would be on the losing end of a fight like that. This groundhog was HUGE. Any other assault labs out there????
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine eats pigeons and doves whenever she can catch one.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#2]
My Goldens have several, but they tag teamed the groundhogs.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Mine killed a chipmonk this week
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine ate my stash once and I had to follow him around with a baggie for like a week.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Had a lab that used to hump the cat.  I guess he would be a sexual assault lab.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:52:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Nothing is safe in my yard with my two greyhounds around.  They will even catch birds that they flush out of the bushes.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#7]
No rabbit is safe:
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#8]
My big Black Lab Cujo would always pin any other male dogs to the ground.  He wouldn't bite them, just knock them over and straddle them with his teeth near their neck.  And he was really a pretty gentle dog, just didn't want any other males around the property.  I sure miss that boy.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:35:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My black lab Lucky has turned into an assault lab. He has his first confirmed kill. I let him outside this morning and found him standing over a giant groundhog which was 10 toes up. Lucky had a very smug, triumphant look on his face. I always thought a dog would be on the losing end of a fight like that. This groundhog was HUGE. Any other assault labs out there????

Lucky sure knew how to attack a rawhide chew while I was there and drool all over everybody, but I never knew he was such a stone cold killer. Sounds like your JBT essence is changing him
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I always thought pre-ban labs were the dangerous ones.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#11]
chalk another couch up to my 10mos yellow pup. Arggghhhhh!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:16:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I had to open this thread.

I thought it was about a new video for sale, and I had to look.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:20:57 PM EDT
[#13]
one of my personal labs got out of the kennels somehow when i was in college..

i was told over the phone from my job about 8pm..
"come home, there has been major carnage".....

i pulled into the drive..noticing feathers...everwhere...

the wind was blowing..and it honestly looked like it was snowing feathers.
my dad met me at my truck and told me "Bo" had gotten out and killed off our neighbors fighting cocks.
108 of them..
the next morning after the sun came up the view was hardcore..
for about 300 yards to our neighbors house with a swath about 50 yards wide of nothing but blood, chicken feathers and raw carcasses.

BO was psyched about the frenzy, we sedated him and damn near had to hospitilize him for a few days.
i think my vet might have even given him an IV..

i know he laid in the kennel for 2-3 days without really moving. like he was brain fried or too sore to move.

Bo was an awesome duck dog..with over 1000 retrieves on ducks. and of course..108 fighting chickens.

it took 3 years to pay off my neighbor, who actually was kind of burned out on cock fighting and was far too generous with me on the settlement.

we shot coyotes and cats for 2 weeks that were attracted to the scents.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top