Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2004 9:54:02 AM EDT
Yes, I know, don't bother saying it.  Don't do it! Girls are icky! Just buy her a house now and be done with it. She will ruin your life dude.  Just stuff the pooper and post pics.

Okay, for the rest of you.

Many may remember my "I HAVE A DATE" thread a month ago.

Well here is the update:

I have known her for about 8 months, she is in my church choir.  We have been going out now for a month.
I have already been introduced to half of her family including parents, aunts, uncles and cousins.  They all like me, I like them.
She has meet my parents, she likes them, they love her.
She is cute, sweet natured, smart, funny, very religious but the perfect amount for me.
She is not into guns, but she knows I have them and I shoot often.  She has never said anything bad about guns, and she is (her words) "a die hard Republican".  So I am probably safe there.
We have not talked about having kids(duh), but we have talked about how to raise kids, and our thoughts and methods are the same.
We can talk and talk and I am captivated when she speaks.
When we touch,(clean thoughts guys), she just feels....right.

And the kicker is that for some strange reason, she likes me.  She likes me a lot.  Its the only thing wrong I can find with her.

So how far along were you when you knew the girl your were going out with was "the one"?  Cause dangit,  I 'm getting that feeling.

Sorry, no pics.  Her Mom took a bunch of pics of us, but I have not seen them yet.  I am bringing my digital camera this weekend on our walk through a near by Civil War battle field park.  So I should have pics soon.  Now just to get her to hold an AR.

ETA:  I'm 25 and she is 28.  So we are not little kids with all the time in the world.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#1]
sounds perfect,
Ive been married/together for 20 years. marrage can suck at times but being single
gets old after a short time.

I say go for it. dont post pixs or you will be photochoped

Oh good luck
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm no help, I knew within 30 seconds of our first conversation...

Going well so far, years and years later of marriage. She's starting to warm up to the idea ;-)
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
When we touch,(clean thoughts guys), she just feels....right.

I'm having a Michael Bolton moment right now...

[Vision of snapping a kitten's neck]There... it's gone now.  All better.

Now just to get her to hold an AR.

All righty.  Now we're talking.  “AR” being a euphemism for…

I make them call it "Little Adolfo".
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#4]
You need to get in a fight with her.

Sounds stupid, but that tells you everything you need to know about your relationship with a girl. If you can get in a fight with her and work through it, you're golden. Too many times I've seen people get into relationships with someone, and they both are so smitten that they get along really well. Then they get into the first fight with the person (sometimes after they have gotten married) and the relationship falls apart.

Good luck! Stuff it in her pooper and post pics! That's a good way to start a fight!

Shawn
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You need to get in a fight with her.

Ooh - and now I'm having a Sid Vicious moment - nope -can't shake it...
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:13:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Take her to the NRA Musuem.

That should tell you a lot.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#7]
ITS A TRAP!!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:19:17 AM EDT
[#8]
one month and you're already doing the meeting the parents routine?

yikes.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ITS A TRAP!!!!

Damn!  I forgot about that one.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#10]
A month?

You're already twitterpated after a MONTH?!

Just turn your wallet and balls over to her next time you see her. Save yourself some time.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:41:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
A month?

Just turn your wallet and balls over to her next time you see her. Save yourself some time.  

Okay.  Will do.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:44:07 AM EDT
[#12]
If its right its right.  But becareful and give the relationship some time to mature.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Well I guess that means you won't be able to go to the NRA range on Wednesday now.  Too bad because I really wanted to shoot your XD40.  Oh well, have fun watching Mad About You reruns
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:58:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A month?

Okay.  Will do.  Thanks.

Forget that...

Sounds like you found a good one.  Don't rush anything, no matter how right it feels.  

I just wish I could be in the same situation.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:01:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Well I guess that means you won't be able to go to the NRA range on Wednesday now.  Too bad because I really wanted to shoot your XD40.  Oh well, have fun watching Mad About You reruns

haha.  Next wednesday?  Lets plan on it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:13:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds good!  Bring the new Mrs. mjohn3006 along too.  Let her meet some of your shooting "friends"

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds good!  Bring the new Mrs. mjohn3006 along too.  Let her meet some of your shooting "friends"

haha   She does not have the prestigious title of Mrs. Mjohn3006 yet.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:26:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I hope you remain as happy as you are now!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I knew while Mrs. Wedge and I were on our first date.  I proposed at four months and we were married ten months after the proposal.

eta- I refer to when I proposed to her as when I "engaged" her.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Fist date? Hmmmm, you don't happen to have pictures do you?

Quoted:
I knew while Mrs. Wedge and I were on our fist date.  I proposed at four months and we were married ten months after the proposal.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:33:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
ITS A TRAP!!!!

+1, RUN FORREST RUN........
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Fist date? Hmmmm, you don't happen to have pictures do you?

Quoted:
I knew while Mrs. Wedge and I were on our fist date.  I proposed at four months and we were married ten months after the proposal.

oops typo

mjohn, It sounds good from here.  I say go for it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#24]
TWO YEAR minimum engagement !

You will be glad you did.....

Rip
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top