Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/30/2004 8:44:45 AM EDT
If gangbangers here went running around killing innocent people (esp kids) they would be having problems.

Baghdad Bombings Kill 35 Children

1 hour, 21 minutes ago   Top Stories - AP

By ALEXANDRA ZAVIS, Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Three bombs exploded at a neighborhood celebration Thursday in western Baghdad, killing 35 children and seven adults, officials said. Hours earlier, a suicide car bomb killed a U.S. soldier and two Iraqis on the capital's outskirts.
The bombs in Baghdad's al-Amel neighborhood caused the largest death toll of children in any insurgent attack since the conflict in Iraq (news - web sites) began 17 months ago. The children, who were still on school vacation, said they had been drawn to the scene by American soldiers handing out candy.
The blasts — at least two of which were car bombs — went off in swift succession about 1 p.m., killing 42 people and wounding 141 others, including 10 U.S. soldiers. The bombs targeted a ceremony in which residents were celebrating the opening of a new sewage system, and a U.S. convoy was passing by at the same time, said Interior Ministry spokesman Col. Adnan Abdul-Rahman.
"The Americans called us, they told us, 'Come here, come here,' asking us if we wanted sweets. We went beside them, then a car exploded," said 12-year-old Abdel Rahman Dawoud, lying naked in a hospital bed with shrapnel embedded all over his body.
The day of violence, including insurgent attacks and U.S. airstrikes in Fallujah, left a total of 46 people dead and 208 wounded.
In the northern city of Tal Afar, a car bomb targeting the police chief killed at least four people and wounded 16, Iraqi and U.S. officials said. A police officer speaking on condition of anonymity said the police chief, whose name was only given as Col. Ismail, escaped the assassination attempt.
Also Thursday, the Arab news network Al-Jazeera showed video of 10 new hostages seized in Iraq by militants. Al-Jazeera said the 10 — six Iraqis, two Lebanese and two Indonesian women — were taken by The Islamic Army in Iraq. The group has claimed responsibility for seizing two French journalists last month.
A Lebanese official later said kidnappers had released one Lebanese captive, although it was not clear if he was among the 10.
In the al-Amel bombings, grief-stricken parents wailed over the bodies of their children at the Yarmouk Hospital morgue. One woman tore at her hair before pulling back the sheet covering her dead brother and kissing him.
One man carried his younger brother — both legs bandaged — to the hospital, where some children were put two to a bed because of the many wounded. Outside, women sat on the ground and wept as they awaited news about their children.
The hospital received 42 bodies — including those of 35 children — and 131 wounded, said Iyhsan Nasser, head of the facility's statistics department.
At the site of the blasts, body parts were strewn in the streets amid pools of blood. A U.S. helicopter evacuated some of the wounded while other aircraft circled overhead and soldiers sealed off the area.
Lt. Col. Jim Hutton, spokesman for the U.S. 1st Cavalry Division, said 10 American soldiers were among the wounded.
Another spokesman, Maj. Phil Smith, said the first two explosions targeted the ceremony, while the third was aimed at a nearby Iraqi National Guard checkpoint. The Americans said all three blasts were from car bombs; Abdul-Rahman said one was a roadside bomb.
"This attack was carried out by evil people who do not want the Iraqis to celebrate and don't want (reconstruction) projects in Iraq," said Iraqi National Guard Lt. Ahmad Saad.
Hours earlier, a suicide car bomber struck in the Abu Ghraib area outside of Baghdad, killing the American soldier and at least two Iraqis, and wounding 60, Iraqi and U.S. officials said.
That bomb targeted a compound housing the mayor's office, a police station and other buildings, police 1st Lt. Ahmed Jawad said. A U.S. Bradley fighting vehicle parked in front of the compound was hit, Hutton said.
"I saw people flying in the air and falling on the ground," said Saad Mohsin, who was in front of the mayor's office and was struck by shrapnel.

Elsewhere, insurgents fired a rocket Thursday at a logistical support area for coalition forces on the outskirts of Baghdad, killing one soldier and wounding seven, the military said. No further details was disclosed — including whether or not it was a U.S. soldier.

Meanwhile, the United States targeted a suspected terrorist safehouse in Fallujah. The military said intelligence reports indicated the house was being used by followers of Jordanian terror mastermind Abu Musab al-Zarqawi to plan attacks against U.S.-led forces and Iraqi citizens.

At least four Iraqis were killed — including two women and one child — and eight were wounded, said Dr. Ahmed Khalil of the Fallujah General Hospital. Witnesses said two houses were flattened and four others damaged in the strike.

"Significant secondary explosions were observed during the impact, indicating a large cache of illegal ordinance was stored in the safehouse," the military statement said. Explosions continued for hours.

American jets, tanks and artillery units repeatedly have targeted al-Zarqawi's network in Fallujah in recent weeks as U.S.-led forces seek to assert control over insurgent enclaves ahead of elections slated for January. The military says the attacks have inflicted significant damage on the network, which has claimed responsibility for a series of bombings, kidnappings and other attacks.

Doctors say scores of civilians have been killed and wounded in the strikes.

Al-Zarqawi's group, Tawhid and Jihad, has claimed responsibility for several beheadings and kidnappings. On Wednesday, video surfaced of British hostage Kenneth Bigley, believed held by Zarqawi's group, pleading for help behind the bars of a makeshift cage and begging Prime Minister Tony Blair (news - web sites): "Have some compassion. Only you can save me now."

The sobbing, 62-year-old Bigley urged Blair to meet the demands of his captors, which are the release of all female prisoners in Iraq. He accused Blair of lying about efforts to secure his release.

"My life is cheap. He doesn't care about me. I am just one person," the civil engineer said. "I want to go home. Please, Mr. Blair, don't leave me here."

Later Thursday, Blair ruled out negotiating with Bigley's kidnappers but said his government would do what it could to aid his release.

"I am not sitting here saying, 'If they get in contact with us then we are just going to refuse to do anything,'" Blair told the British Broadcasting Corp.

"We will do whatever we can. In fact, there is a lot that we are trying to do, which I won't go into. But we are trying to do whatever we possibly can."

The tape was the second in a week to surface showing Bigley appealing for help. Tawhid and Jihad beheaded two American hostages seized with him Sept. 16 and warned he will be the next to die unless its demands are met.

More than 140 foreigners have been kidnapped in Iraq and at least 26 have been killed. Some, like Bigley, were seized by insurgents as leverage in their campaign against the United States and its allies. But others were taken by criminals seeking ransom.

The Al-Jazeera video of the latest hostages showed three captives, who were not identified, and two masked gunmen pointing weapons at them. There was no mention of demands by the militants or when or where they were captured. The network said the 10 were employees of the Jib electricity company.

Gen. Hussein Ali Kamal, Iraq's deputy interior minister in charge of intelligence, later confirmed that two Lebanese had been kidnapped along with a group of others that included women. He had no other details.

The Frenchmen, Christian Chesnot and Georges Malbrunot, disappeared Aug. 20 during a trip to the southern Iraqi city of Najaf. The Islamic Army in Iraq demanded that France revoke a new law banning Islamic head scarves from state schools.

WTF is wrong with the Iraqi peeps, and why are they mad at us for all this?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#1]
because when we pull out the terrorists will still be there.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Because they know that the terrorists, who represent Islamic fundementalists, are going to stay.  They have the support of the people.  If they didn't, they couldn't survive.  The country has a majority of muslims.  They do not want a democracy because it is contrary to their beliefs.  

I'm not talking about moderate muslims.  I'm talking about the extremists which appear to be in the majority.

For those who would flame me, I would like to point out that terrorists need food, money, transportation, weapons, ammunition and explosives.  They also need to keep their identities from the coalition.  They require places to hide and conceal all their equipment.  They continue to bomb almost at will and coordinate their attacks to demonstrate that they are organized.  I have heard of no instances where an Iraqi has warned any U.S. serviceman or woman about an IED they saw planted.  I have heard of no instance where they have identified anyone who planted an IED.  They have an almost infinite supply of soldiers because other muslim countries constantly denounce the U.S. and inflame young men into joining the fight against us.  Whenever we do make some progress, the Iraqi government steps in and stalls our progress.  When we found out where Al-Sadr was, we should have flattened the place.  You can hardly spit over there without hitting something that is the holiest of holy sites.  They didn't say shit when Saddam destroyed a mosque.  We cannot kill all of them without going medievil.  We will not do that.  We went in to depose Saddam Hussein.  We did that.  It's time to leave.  All of the people in Iraq together are not worth one G.I. or Marine.  Not one.  

If we want to win, we need to stage public executions of captured terrorists.  We should cut a few things off first because they believe they will go to heaven without any part that is cut off.  Then we need to clearly demonstrate dipping the bullets in pig blood before shooting them.  I guarantee that will get their attention.  When we locate a nest of terrorists, we need to make it a parking lot.  Any survivors should be humiliated in front of the public and then executed.  We are not fighting the war as aggressively as they are and it is not the way to win.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:19:42 AM EDT
[#3]
In a nutshell...they hate the U.S. more than the ones killing their own people....
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:19:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Becasue the rop has brainwashed followers.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I have read that most Iraqis do not think too highly of these terrorists, particularly the many foreigners.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Follow the sequence -

1. Iraqis line up to serve in police, Iraqi Natl Guard, security forces.

2. Terrorists car bomb those lined up, killing dozens

3. More Iraqis line up to serve in police, Iraqi Natl Guard, security forces.

4.Terrorists car bomb those lined up, killing dozens

5. More Iraqis line up to serve in police, Iraqi Natl Guard, security forces.

6. Repeat

7. Repeat

8. Repeat

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT????

Jeez, some people are incapable of the SIMPLEST of observation and logic.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
In a nutshell...they hate the U.S. more than the ones killing their own people....

but it also needs to be stated that we have killed FAR more innocent iraqis in our attempt to "free" them, than the iraqi fighters have killed fighting us.  regardless of wether you call it "collateral damage" (which minimizes the value of life) or whatever, every time will kill another innocent we probably create 5 more iraqi fighters.

kill 10 iraqi fighters + 5 innocents in one raid = gain 25 NEW iraqi fighters.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#9]
You need to do more research before you make such statments.

The Iraqi's ARE VERY pissed at the terrorists and pissed at US because we care more about the "Arab Street" and European public opinion instead of killing terrorists.

Try going to a few Iraqi websites instead of listening only to Western Media.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Follow the sequence -

6. Repeat

7. Repeat

8. Repeat

Amen.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The Iraqi's ARE VERY pissed at the terrorists and pissed at US because we care more about the "Arab Street" and European public opinion instead of killing terrorists.

Amen again.

The truth is that the average Iraqi IS NOT in league with these terrorist idiots. These terrorist types have ALWAYS been murderers, and they killed plenty of muslims and arabs when whitey wasn't around. If whitey goes away, they will happily go back to killing brown skinned people. There are more beheading videos of egyptians, turks, and other arabs than there are of Americans. What does that tell you?

The bad guys are universally hated. The problem is that many in Iraq don't have the power to resist them effectively.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#12]
They are pissed. You just won't hear about it from ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, etc.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:48:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:51:05 AM EDT
[#14]
They do. Those people line up at the recruiting offices even under constant threat of carbombing. They are vulnerable at home for being part of the security forces. A lot of iraqis are. But the "mainstream" American Fifth Column press isn't going to print anything positive about the war and the occupation. We should have kept all of the reporters inbedded.

The Iraqis, 99+% of them, love us, or at least accept us.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:52:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

So your saying they should just give up??

Did daddy by chance leave at an early age?

I believe that the point Garandman was trying to make, is that despite the terrorist actions, the ranks of the Iraqi forces grow every day, meaning that not only are the Iraqis not all in league with the bad guys, but that a good many of them are mad enough to take up arms and kill them, even at risk to their own lives.

His assesment was, if I understood him correctly, was that people were risking death just to be able to sign up for security/police/military work, and yet they are still doing it in droves. What more can they do to demonstrate their dislike of the terrorists than by signing up to go kill them? That is what I was agreeing with.

I think the Iraqi people understand their plight quite well, even if Dan Ratherstupid and Peter JeezImdumbings do not. The terrorist types have opressed the weaker people ALL THROUGH Arab history, and have done so under the guise of it being Allah's will.

Frankly, they are sick and tired of it, and are happy to have an opportunity to throw off the yoke of opression. This is why only a few places in Iraq are a problem, where the majority are perfectly peaceful.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#16]
The majority of the country is MORE peaceful, but not perfictly, because we cannot keep the terrorists from simply climbing into a car and driving to Basra or Kurdistan and attacking a target.

Eventually there will be enough Iraqi troops that if need be we will just roadblock every artery in the country and not let people pass from provence to province without being searched.  Right now there is not.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
They are pissed. You just won't hear about it from ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, etc.

Exactly. Because that would undermine the whole liberal outlook on the war on terror. If it can be demonstrated that people if given the opportunity will reject the brutal and savage and persue a peaceful existence, then one could no longer pretend that our simple evacuation of the place would reduce the violence.

The middle east has been a horrifically violent place for 1,000 years. Long before whitey ever showed up. The brutal and vicious there seek only their own personal power, and are willing to kill anyone in their way to get it. The common arab man and woman is the victim of the greed and lust for power that the violent have manifested over there for centuries.

It isn't about islam. It isn't about foreign invaders. It is about a group of people who want to rule with an iron hand and who want to kill ANYONE who stands in their way. This is why they have killed more arab people than white people. Because they don't really give a good gosh darn who they kill. If you don't love and support them, you are the enemy and are worthy of death.

Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Arafat, Bin Laden, Mugabe, Zarqawi, they are all the same. The veil of ideology they use may be different, but in the end they are all about promoting their own sinful desires by shedding innocent blood.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Follow the sequence -

6. Repeat

7. Repeat

8. Repeat

The only bright spot I see in the whole place is that they keep showing up.  Since we seem committed to that disaster of a region I have to hope they show up because they (at least some of them) are trying to do the right thing.  You're probably right, though, they're just too damn stupid to see the connection.  Oh well, now I've lost all hope for the cause.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

oh believe me i have, and the facts are clear against you -- try using logic and reason.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amen.

No, I take leave of trying to educate the illiterate.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:07:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The only bright spot I see in the whole place is that they keep showing up.  .

"Bright spot" may be the understatement of the century.

I'd rahter call these Iraqis risking their lives to serve as police, ING, etc, my countrymen than the "nuke 'em all" blowhards that populate this site.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd rahter call these Iraqis risking their lives to serve as police, ING, etc, my countrymen than the "nuke 'em all" blowhards that populate this site.

PREACH!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#23]
I was there, and I can personally  say that the Iraqis are mad as hell at the terrorists.  

The insurgency is split into two groups, the Iraqi Sunni insurgents who are pissed off at us for overthrowing their govt and taking them out of power, and the foriegn Jihadists.  The two groups don't like each other as well.  The Iraqi insurgents are not fanatics and don't like what the foriegners are doing.  I guess yo missed that videotape a few months ago when the Iraqi insurgents told Al-Zarquewi to leave Iraq or they were going to kill him.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh believe me i have, and the facts are clear against you -- try using logic and reason.

No, wrong. The former Baath party types are against the new government, the rest of the country is not. Get educated. You can't make everybody happy. All you can do is do right. Look at our country. According to DU the world is about to come to an end. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:24:27 AM EDT
[#25]
They do have  full-auto AK's for home defense don't they?

It wouldn't take long to use one if this were happening in our neighborhood.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:31:54 AM EDT
[#26]
If there were an armed militia in your neighborhood, and you're not a part of it, you'd be toast if you fired on them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:40:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I have read that most Iraqis do not think too highly of these terrorists, particularly the many foreigners.

I've heard that too.  This is more of a matter of anti-Bush members of the media ignoring anything that doesn't fit into their "Iraq is going to hell and everybody there hates us" overall theme.  I've heard that in some of the cities we haven't heard about (Samaara for example) the terrorists were basically chased out of town.

I don't believe most of this stuff.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you.  This bashing of every Arabic muslim is what the terrorists want to see.  They want us to abandon Iraq to them.  Alot of people in that area of the world ARE standing by us, but our Bush-hating defeatist media insists on playing into the hands of the terrorists.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
They do. Those people line up at the recruiting offices even under constant threat of carbombing. They are vulnerable at home for being part of the security forces. A lot of iraqis are. But the "mainstream" American Fifth Column press isn't going to print anything positive about the war and the occupation. We should have kept all of the reporters inbedded.

i totaly dissagree (of course)! ap news

The attack occurred as recruits lined up to read the lists of those who had passed the physical fitness test, said Rustem Abdellah, one of the job-seekers who suffered burns to his face and chest.

"I am a graduate from the oil institute," Abdellah, 33, said from his hospital bed. "But there are no jobs available in the oil sector, and I was forced to join the guard force because of the difficult economic situation."

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:45:18 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

+1 They hate Americans.  They act like they like us until we free them, then piss on us and tell us to leave.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

but it also needs to be stated that we have killed FAR more innocent iraqis in our attempt to "free" them, than the iraqi fighters have killed fighting us.  regardless of wether you call it "collateral damage" (which minimizes the value of life) or whatever, every time will kill another innocent we probably create 5 more iraqi fighters.

Straight from the DU

Thanks for playing
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:46:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Who says they aren't?  The ROP overachievers slaying Iraqis wholesale are foreigners, not Iraqis.  They could give a fuck about the Iraqis, it's all about fighting the US and getting their martyrdom ticket punched so they can go to paradise.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:47:21 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I stopped reading when I saw you quoting AP as a source....
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:47:29 AM EDT
[#34]
They ARE getting pissed... It's just that WE will never hear about it because of the liberal media.

PLUS, if you take matters into your own hands, you risk getting your ass shot by the US troops for your troubles. The same thing if you tried it with the local gangbangers.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Who says they aren't?  The ROP overachievers slaying Iraqis wholesale are foreigners, not Iraqis.  They could give a fuck about the Iraqis, it's all about fighting the US and getting their martyrdom ticket punched so they can go to paradise.

Its about the dictatorial goverments of Iran and Syria trying to keep themselves alive, at least a little while longer, by keeping us occupied in Iraq instead of invading them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Dearest DU,

Lets try a mathmatecial formula.

All 9/11 victims + All US .mil casualties + All IQ's killed by anyone since we went in

< (less than) those killed by Saddam.

"wether" you call it collateral damage, which is what accidental killing of non targeted is, we dont target civilains. They, AQ & "insurgents" do. Big difference, and if you cant see that, you need to be working for Michael "FatFrog" Moore.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amen.

No, I take leave of trying to educate the illiterate.

So glad you came down off the mountain....
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

So glad you came down off the mountain....

Nothing of the sort - purely a practical matter.

If people can't READ, what good is it to type out a detailed explanation???

I explain how the Iraqis are STANDING IN LINE getting killed, and they KEEP COMING and KEEP STANDING in line to fight the terrorists, and ask "What else do you want them to do?"

If somebody ask me "Are they supposed to give up?"  - how the %&^$ do I respond to that?

Other than to throw my hands up in the air in disgust??

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

The attack occurred as recruits lined up to read the lists of those who had passed the physical fitness test, said Rustem Abdellah, one of the job-seekers who suffered burns to his face and chest.

"I am a graduate from the oil institute," Abdellah, 33, said from his hospital bed. "But there are no jobs available in the oil sector, and I was forced to join the guard force because of the difficult economic situation."

And a quote from one guy means what, exactly?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Just on the outside chance that you really are ignorent oddball and NOT just trolling here I will take the time to direct you to Iraqi informants who can enlighten you.

Iraq the Model
The Mesopotamian
Hammorabi
Healing Iraq
Iraq at a Glance
Nabils Blog

That should keep you busy for a while, especally if you follow the links of of them.

Also instead of relying on the TV stations and Wire Services for news you should go to The Command Post and The Belmont Club
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well gee, I guess we should just give up then because one man made a change in careers? Gimme a fucking break.

I have a friend who was a software engineer who lost his job. But guess what? He found a job in another field making the same amount of money as his old job. Needs change. As they change, people adapt. It's no big deal. The fact that they have ALL the people they need to keep the oil flowing is actually very positive news to anyone who has the brains to add 2+2.

So take your crybaby DU shit somewhere else. It's not going to change the minds of folks here because we actually do something called "thinking". Now piss off, troll.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:31:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well gee, I guess we should just give up then because one man made a change in careers? Gimme a fucking break.

I have a friend who was a software engineer who lost his job. But guess what? He found a job in another field making the same amount of money as his old job. Needs change. As they change, people adapt. It's no big deal. The fact that they have ALL the people they need to keep the oil flowing is actually very positive news to anyone who has the brains to add 2+2.

So take your crybaby DU shit somewhere else. It's not going to change the minds of folks here because we actually do something called "thinking". Now piss off, troll.

You are forgetting the most important piece of information in that post Charging Handle

The byline that says "AP News"

Because of that, we cannot be sure that this man even exists, much less him ever making such statements to said reporter- or even if the person who wrote the article was even on the same CONTINENT as Baghdad.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Just on the outside chance that you really are ignorent oddball and NOT just trolling here I will take the time to direct you to Iraqi informants who can enlighten you.

Iraq the Model
The Mesopotamian
Hammorabi
Healing Iraq
Iraq at a Glance
Nabils Blog

That should keep you busy for a while, especally if you follow the links of of them.

Also instead of relying on the TV stations and Wire Services for news you should go to The Command Post and The Belmont Club

Thanks for those, I was just wishing I a had links to a bunch of those sites.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#46]

The byline that says "AP News"

Because of that, we cannot be sure that this man even exists, much less him ever making such statements to said reporter- or even if the person who wrote the article was even on the same CONTINENT as Baghdad.

Truth !

Rip
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:47:22 PM EDT
[#47]
There is, perhaps, one lesson I think we need to learn from old Joe Stalin (I think it was him):

"Kill one, they call you a murderer.  Kill a thousand, they call you a monster.  Kill them all and they don't call you anything."  

We need to silence these bastards, with or without Iraqi help.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:58:09 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
There is, perhaps, one lesson I think we need to learn from old Joe Stalin (I think it was him):

"Kill one, they call you a murderer.  Kill a thousand, they call you a monster.  Kill them all and they don't call you anything."  

We need to silence these bastards, with or without Iraqi help.

Taking lessons from Joe Stalin.....greeeeeeeaaattttt.

YOu DO understand this approach is what Joe Stalin intended for YOUR parents, right????

Tell me - are you glad he DIDN'T succeed????

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Joe Stalin ain't around anymore.  I'm not saying that one single concept applies to any and everything.  But, when faced with people who can be persuaded only in death, and who know how to manipulate our own media against us, Joe may have been on to something.  That doesn't mean I am a Communist, Marxist, Leninist, or anything else.  That's a rather simplistic assumption.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Goodness!  Some posters just need to be ignored.  Yes, there are people in Iraq who hate the Americans.  Anyone looking for them will find them, I'm sure.  Especially when there are terrorists more than willing to help liberal reporters looking for those types of people in their stories.  I have a friend in Iraq at the moment that I talk to on a regular basis on AIM.  He went out there in August and has told me that the one thing that surprised him the most was the fact that, unlike what he heard here at home, the majority of the people there do not hate America.  Most of them are afraid of the terrorists and are afraid that the Americans will leave before the terrorists are decisively dealt with.  Most of them wish that the Americans would do more to deal with the terrorist threat, and given the huge amount of US firepower, don't understand why they don't.  They understand brutal methods of dealing with troublemakers, the middle east is a hard region and has created hard people, and most do not mind the idea of ruthlessly rooting out the people who threaten their homes, security, and children.  

We need to restore their faith by opening all out war on these people, stop pussy-footing around the issue.  At this point, I don't care if the UN doesn't like it; I don't care if the EU has a problem with it.  They will be crawling back to us in a few years anyway when they realize that North Korea really has been developing their nuclear weapons program.

I am sooo tired of hearing people still debating the damn war.  Get over it, it's done, we are there, and we cannot leave until the job is done.  So get the job done!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top