Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2004 7:57:54 AM EDT
Interesting commentary:
www.realclearpolitics.com/commentary.html

Kerry is going to have to go for broke Thursday night, and his game plan has got to be about one thing and one thing only: making the President look as bad as possible. Winning the debate on debating points, or on this issue or that point simply isn't going to cut it. Kerry has got to figure out a way to have more people disliking President Bush at the end of the debate than before it started.

If I were the Kerry people, I would focus on two clips of video. The first is Bush's debate with McCain in 2000 where McCain's dressing down and interruptions caused Bush to visibly lose his cool. Kerry should take the tactic of Tom Cruise in "A Few Good Men" and try and goad President Bush into losing his temper. The only way Kerry can win this debate, is to make President Bush lose it.

Obviously this is an extremely high risk strategy. It is also quite likely that this type of tactic will backfire and leave John Kerry looking like a complete jerk, instead of the President. But Kerry is in so much trouble right now that if he truly wants to be President he has to roll the dice, play to win, and forget about the possible consequences.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:02:18 AM EDT
[#1]
F*ck that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another tin hat DU'er...................
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:02:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Never heard of the website, but I like the article. I think Kerry would end up looking like the ass that he is.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:06:31 AM EDT
[#3]
It backfired on Al Gore when he was caught rolling his eyes and making faces as Bush spoke during a debate in the last election.  It made him look immature.  

I have an idea for Bush though.  He should bring in one of those rubber sandals called flip/flops.  Place them on top of his podium.  As Kerry speaks, Bush should slowly turn them over every so often.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:09:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:11:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
He is right, if Kerry could get Bush to lose his shit the way McCain did, it would be very helpful to him, the problem there is McCain is a man who can handle presure better than most, he has been in situations that would make strong men break like twigs, and left standing tall, Kerry is a pile of shit who loses his temper after being put on the spot by a silly talk show host, Bush is going to eat Kerry for lunch and even the DU dolts know it.

Bingo!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:12:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Never heard of the website, but I like the article. I think Kerry would end up looking like the ass that he is.

I love that website...one of the best out there IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:12:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
He is right, if Kerry could get Bush to lose his shit the way McCain did, it would be very helpful to him, the problem there is McCain is a man who can handle presure better than most, he has been in situations that would make strong men break like twigs, and left standing tall, Kerry is a pile of shit who loses his temper after being put on the spot by a silly talk show host, Bush is going to eat Kerry for lunch and even the DU dolts know it.

+2
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It backfired on Al Gore when he was caught rolling his eyes and making faces as Bush spoke during a debate in the last election.  It made him look immature.  

I have an idea for Bush though.  He should bring in one of those rubber sandals called flip/flops.  Place them on top of his podium.  As Kerry speaks, Bush should slowly turn them over every so often.  

Pretty funny.  How about a waffle?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top