BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 5:53:38 AM EDT
Off-duty officer arrested after wreck
She's accused of shooting at driver, driving intoxicated
By PEGGY O'HARE
Copyright 2004 Houston Chronicle

A Prairie View A&M University police officer was arrested after she was accused of firing at least nine shots at another motorist after a wreck in Montrose, reports show.

The officer, Isabel Orellana, 30, of the 12100 block of Burdine, is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and driving while intoxicated, Houston police said. She was off duty and not wearing a police uniform at the time. The motorist, Steve Lam, 23, was not hurt.

The shooting happened about 3 a.m. Sunday in the 4100 block of Graustark. Lam and his passenger saw headlights coming toward them in their lane, police said, and although Lam stopped his pickup and sounded his horn, the oncoming vehicle stayed in the lane. Orellana's Ford Mustang then struck the front of Lam's truck, causing minor damage.

Orellana, who appeared to be intoxicated, refused to exchange information with Lam and told him she wanted to "handle this tomorrow," police said. When Lam continued to press for information, police said, Orellana agreed to pull over, then slowly drove about half a block. Lam's friend walked in front of the officer's Mustang, which lurched forward and hit the pedestrian, who wasn't hurt, police said.

Lam then jumped into the back seat of Orellana's car and reached for her keys, but the officer began to strike him, police said. Lam then grabbed Orellana by the arms, police said, and his friend pulled the keys from her ignition.

Orellana is accused of pulling a 9 mm pistol and shooting at least nine times at Lam when he and his friend went to his truck to wait for police, investigators said. Houston police arrived and took Orellana into custody.

Prairie View A&M University officials did not return calls Wednesday inquiring about Orellana's personnel status.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:58:45 AM EDT
[#1]
[Ron White] Some guy about a year ago fired 8 shots and hit 9 people.  These two cops fired 22 shots and could not even hit the fucking Suburban!!![/Ron White]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:59:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:10:37 AM EDT
[#3]
So being drunk and shooting at civilians doesn't qualify as being a "drunk with power" JBT?  Sure pal.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like she is a real piece of shit.....  I also don't agree with the JBT part though... she's just a freakin moron who needs locked up...
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:00:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So being drunk and shooting at civilians doesn't qualify as being a "drunk with power" JBT?  Sure pal.

No, being drunk and shooting at people is being a "CRIMINAL"!.............and you are not my pal.

I couldn't agree more.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:00:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, school police do not count.  They rank below airport police, who barely make it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:04:09 AM EDT
[#8]
At least the officer went HOME to jail safely that night.

We need to hear her side of the story before making a judgement.

Would have been interesting if the victim were carrying and shot back.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:13:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So being drunk and shooting at civilians doesn't qualify as being a "drunk with power" JBT?  Sure dipshit.

Fixed for you.  By the way, lookup the defn of "thug" and "criminal" you dumbass.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:14:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, being drunk and shooting at people is being a "CRIMINAL"!.............and you are not my pal.

+2
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:16:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+2

+3
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:25:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, that thing about campus cops being below airport secirity. Airport security can't give you a speeding  ticket.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:32:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sorry, school police do not count.  They rank below airport police, who barely make it.

I wouldn't even dignify this piece of work with the title "JBT"
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:35:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Clearly outvoted so I changed the title.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:41:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Good thing Lam didn't have a dog with him.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:43:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:57:47 AM EDT
[#17]
JBT only applies when they do this type crap on duty.  This one is just dumb.  Can you say bye-bye badge?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:59:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So being drunk and shooting at civilians doesn't qualify as being a "drunk with power" JBT?  Sure dipshit.

Fixed for you.  By the way, lookup the defn of "thug" and "criminal" you dumbass.

Am I reading this correctly..? I'm not your pal so you've changed it to a personal attack? Have you read the COC? I sincerly hope that this does not continue.

Bye Dunc
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Dumb ass criminal bitch who was most likely hired against their better judgement to fill a race/gender quota.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top