Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2004 5:41:43 AM EDT
I am looking for info on how an active fleet Marine would go on I&I duty.

IPSC_GUY

P.S. My carrer planner hasn't a clue
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:51:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I&I= intercourse and intoxication??
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:56:36 AM EDT
[#2]
do you mean 8th and I, as in Marine Barracks, Washington,DC ?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:20:53 AM EDT
[#3]
A very close friend of mine was in 8th&I . You have to be a certain hight and of course not a fat body what so ever.I think your not alowed to be over 6'1" and something like 180lbs. You have to also have no office hours or other disiplinary actions. Your record has to be spotless. You may already know this stuff. Now from what I remember he was hand picked as they all are I THINK.Good luck to you and thank you for serving our country.Take care.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I&I is usually Sgt and above. Concidered a "B" billet last I knew.
Talk to the Career Jammer, he should be able to get you more info.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:26:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I&I = Instructor Inspector

In many cases its the Active Side of the house at your local reserve units...
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

IPSC_GUY

Most career jammers don't.  A friend of mine in Force was a 8th & I as a Lance Cooley, 6' 4" .  In fact, he was one of the "poster children" on the billboards you would see back in the late '80's.  Best advice is to call someone in HQMC and ask how to go about it.  Also, maybe your 1SGT or SGTMAJ.  Good luck.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Contact your MOS monitor at HQMC, and ask if he has any (whatever your MOS is ) billets opening up in a particular I&I or 4th MAW site. Click here to see what kind of unit may be in your preferred area: www.mfr.usmc.mil/Units/

On the wing side, we get a lot of junior enlisted, some straight out of school, and not just in aircraft maintenance MOS's.

Your command is supposed to do a screening checklist too, looking for problem family issues and whether you're financially stable, etc. More often than not, we don't have housing, or any of the other support functions you're used to on a MCB or MCAS.    

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:06:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IPSC_GUY

Most career jammers don't.  A friend of mine in Force was a 8th & I as a Lance Cooley, 6' 4" .  In fact, he was one of the "poster children" on the billboards you would see back in the late '80's.  Best advice is to call someone in HQMC and ask how to go about it.  Also, maybe your 1SGT or SGTMAJ.  Good luck.

Semper Fi!

Let's be clear people. He asked about I&I, not 8th & I.
Two totally different things.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:13:41 AM EDT
[#9]
It all depends on your MOS on who is allowed on I&I duty.  For example there are a few LCpls assigned to I&Is and site support/command staffs in supply and admin billets.  

Also if your in a divisional unit you may be intergrated into the TO of the unit and for you it's not a B billet.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I work closely with my Inspector/Instructor staff, for some its a B-billet and for others it is active reserve duty.  Anywhere there is a reserve station there is an I&I hard at work making things happen for drill weekends.  Drop me an email for more info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top