Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/30/2004 4:30:30 AM EDT
Pay the $20.  I was a team member for a long time.  I let it lapse due to laziness.

I COULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT MY ACTIVE TOPCIS search button.

If you have never been a team member, you have no IDEA wht you are missing.

This thing is the cat's ass.

Trust me on this, $20 will make your time here at ARFCOM 1000% better with that damn little button.

WHEW!

Glad it's over.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:32:01 AM EDT
[#1]
+1
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:33:35 AM EDT
[#2]
This place is like having every book or manual ever written on the AR system available at your finger tips - I couldn't live without being able to exploit it's archives.

(I also enjoy the scantily clad womenz in the team forum)
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:34:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Plus you get the benifit of being able to use the super secret team forum, you have no idea what you are missing there !

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:39:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:50:47 AM EDT
[#5]
i want to join but cant afford the 60 bucks to get pic hosting  the 20 level does not seem to have this-even a couple meg would be nice.\

Well off to the gun show to get a new AR...
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:55:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Working on it.I'm selling an Oly w/2 stocks and 5 mags +100rnds of ammo. I should get enough out of it for team membership status.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:59:59 AM EDT
[#7]
OK, now what?

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:32:57 AM EDT
[#8]
+1 on the team membership.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:35:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, pony up the dough you cheapskates.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:39:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i want to join but cant afford the 60 bucks to get pic hosting  the 20 level does not seem to have this-even a couple meg would be nice.\

Why not just use a free hosting site like www.photobucket.com?

I agree though, pony up the $20.

Besides, you get access to the Team Forum. You guys wouldn't believe what goes on in there!

I'd tell you, but if you're not a team member I'd have to kill you.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:41:13 AM EDT
[#11]
+1 On The Membership
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:46:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Just do it....come on
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:47:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Yeah, pony up the dough you cheapskates.

Now now.  We are trying to be warm and inviting to the cheap freeloaders people.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:48:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:50:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Non team members don't get that button?

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:50:49 AM EDT
[#16]
$20 ... that's a pizza .... come on anyone can afford that!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:52:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Pay the $20.  I was a team member for a long time.  I let it lapse due to laziness.

I COULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT MY ACTIVE TOPCIS search button.

If you have never been a team member, you have no IDEA wht you are missing.

This thing is the cat's ass.

Trust me on this, $20 will make your time here at ARFCOM 1000% better with that damn little button.

WHEW!

Glad it's over.

TXL

Can I renew my membership via PayPal?????
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:56:07 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not just use a free hosting site like www.photobucket.com?

I agree though, pony up the $20.

Besides, you get access to the Team Forum. You guys wouldn't believe what goes on in there!

I'd tell you, but if you're not a team member I'd have to kill you.

I think it is only fair to support the site that I use so often.

I agree with you on using Photobucket as it saves GB some $$$.

With so many people becoming members we have to be careful with the "XXX000XXX is gay!" threads in the Team Section!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:07:55 AM EDT
[#19]
I will join--pay--if I can do so anomalously.  I want the benefits, but I don't want special membership treatment from other members, if such pettiness exists.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:13:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:15:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Why do you guys feel compelled to urge others to pay up for a membership?  This is not a non-profit site, I will contribute as I can in my ways that are worth more than $20/year in my opinion, as have countless others that I've learned a great deal from.

ETA: If I do then I want a voice in how it's run, once I pay I become a paying customer that should not be ignored.  Time and again I hear "this is a privately owned site blah blah" well, can't dispute that, yet this needs to be a two way street.  How would you like to go to a restaurant and be told you can't do this and that, even though you're the customer, because it's a private business and they don't have to listen to you?  I'd take my business elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:16:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
......................., but I don't want special membership treatment from other members..........

Don't worry,  the harrassment, stereotyping and prejudice are all equal opportunity treatment and come free with membership
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:17:17 AM EDT
[#23]
$20 is cheap insurance if you need to get your fridge repaired.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:28:19 AM EDT
[#24]
I just made my payment....How long before I receive the access, Team member title change...etc?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:28:52 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I don't see any special treatment of team members... if anything, I think most of the people who have gotten locked for CoC violations have been Team Members.  If anything, I believe some people feel they are entitled to special treatment because they are Team Members, and that's simply NOT the case.  Your $20 helps keep the site running, in addition to our paid advertisers, and it gives you some extra features - that's only fair.  But there isn't any special treatment, the rules are the rules and they apply to all members... standard, team, mod or staff.

I'm talking about: "That azwhole ain't got no star next to 'is name.  He ain't paid 'is $20, so I ain't tell'n' 'im nutt'n'."  I don't want responses from people who think like that, if they exist.  Given the population of this forum, surely they do.

[crybaby]I've put much thought and effort into a few posts here (I don't live here--a claim supported by my post count.) and more often then not, they're ignored.  I've tried reducing the length of my posts for the benefit of those with short attention spans...no change.  Maybe I'm a jerk.  Maybe it's because I don't believe in any gods.  Maybe I'm paranoid.  Maybe it's because I'm not a member.[/crybaby]    

Can one join anomalously?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:31:15 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
What happens in Team Forum stays in Team Forum... First rule of Team Forum is we don't talk about Team Forum...

Once you see the pictures of HiramRanger in compromised position, in the team forum, you'll understand why he made that rule.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:31:55 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Why do you guys feel compelled to urge others to pay up for a membership?  This is not a non-profit site, I will contribute as I can in my ways that are worth more than $20/year in my opinion, as have countless others that I've learned a great deal from.

ETA: If I do then I want a voice in how it's run, once I pay I become a paying customer that should not be ignored.  Time and again I hear "this is a privately owned site blah blah" well, can't dispute that, yet this needs to be a two way street.  How would you like to go to a restaurant and be told you can't do this and that, even though you're the customer, because it's a private business and they don't have to listen to you?  I'd take my business elsewhere.

Mwahaha!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:33:52 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't see any special treatment of team members... if anything, I think most of the people who have gotten locked for CoC violations have been Team Members.  If anything, I believe some people feel they are entitled to special treatment because they are Team Members, and that's simply NOT the case.  Your $20 helps keep the site running, in addition to our paid advertisers, and it gives you some extra features - that's only fair.  But there isn't any special treatment, the rules are the rules and they apply to all members... standard, team, mod or staff.

I'm talking about: "That azwhole ain't got no star next to 'is name.  He ain't paid 'is $20, so I ain't tell'n' 'im nutt'n'."  I don't want responses from people who think like that, if they exist.  Given the population of this forum, surely they do.

[crybaby]I've put much thought and effort into a few posts here (I don't live here--a claim supported by my post count.) and more often then not, they're ignored.  I've tried reducing the length of my posts for the benefit of those with short attention spans...no change.  Maybe I'm a jerk.  Maybe it's because I don't believe in any gods.  Maybe I'm paranoid.  Maybe it's because I'm not a member.[/crybaby]    

If you change your screen name from "injun-ear" to "anomalously" then yes you can!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:34:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:34:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:37:32 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
 I was a team member for a long time.  I let it lapse due to laziness.

LOL had no idea who you were without your silent bob avatar.  Welcome back.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:38:58 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone not get their question answered honestly because they were not a team memeber.

I was a non-team member for almost a year before I paid and I haven't noticed any difference in treatment. The only difference is that I get the nifty my active topics button, which is really useful BTW, and access to the Team Forum. The only other thing that you might get is I think they sometimes run drawings and other contests that team members are automatically entered in.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:41:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:43:05 AM EDT
[#34]
This site ain't funded by the goverment.  
Get off the AR15 welfare, and pay your dues if you feel like you get $20 worth of entertainment a year from the site.
There is a wide range of things to spend money on.
But if you consider how much info is available here, $20 is a bargain.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:33:11 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I was just saying that to me, the "MY ACTIVE TOPICS" button alone is worth the $20.

Supporting the site is worth much more to me, and when I have the disposable cash, I will send it.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 I was a team member for a long time.  I let it lapse due to laziness.

LOL had no idea who you were without your silent bob avatar.  Welcome back.

I know what you mean, I HATE it when people change their avatars.

God I miss thouse bouncing boobs from CNATRA

TXL
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:34:47 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
The Avila's REALLY don't want anyone to be coerced in any manner to make a membership donation.  The site will always be free for everyone's use and enjoyment.  The membership makes the site--this is NOT a "top-down" outfit.  The ugly realities of life are the site cannot exist in its present form without paid advertisers and paid memberships.  The bandwidth cost alone was five grand a month BEFORE the upgrade.  Dunno what it is now, but it's suitably ugly.  The simple fact is, that money has to come from somewhere.  The Avila's paid it for years when it was smaller--that is now impossible.  The "Membership Donations" are called that for a reason--no one is to be compelled to pay.  As mentioned above, it is not a share in the outfit you are "buying"--it is purely a donation in order to help keep the lights on.  It is appreciated greatly.  

Nobody answered my question-I think my membership expires in October, can I renew it with PayPal?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Well worth the money

GM
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#39]
I always worry about buying a memebership because I tend to get banned from messageboards.  Ive been here for 1.5 years and havent been banned yet.  

Ill pony up once I get back from playing poker.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#40]
I was convinced about two weeks ago, hence my new status!  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:07:18 AM EDT
[#41]
$20 just has more uses to a college kid like me than a membership

When is someone going to do that contest were the winners get a free membership again?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
This place is like having every book or manual ever written on the AR system available at your finger tips - I couldn't live without being able to exploit it's archives.

(I also enjoy the scantily clad womenz in the team forum)

Archives? How do I access the archives? Or do you just mean being able to search back through 3 months of posts?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#43]
pay up, bitches!!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I will join--pay--if I can do so anomalously.  I want the benefits, but I don't want special membership treatment from other members, if such pettiness exists.

lol anomalously... I think anyone who is a team member is a bit of an anomaly

eta: I think you mean anonymously
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:14:21 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Nobody answered my question-I think my membership expires in October, can I renew it with PayPal?

www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=2

Down at the bottom.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I just made my payment....How long before I receive the access, Team member title change...etc?

Thanks

Archangel6,  It took me about 2 days, maybe one and a half.

if it goes longer, fire off an email to [email protected]

he is good about getting ARFCOM business things done.

....welcome, Team member archangel

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#47]
tagged............................just so i can see this thread in my active topics
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#48]
arg, I just screwed it all up...it said "order processed" but I never filled in my payment information... I'm retarded
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Ok free membership contest, the first non-team member person who walks up to me at Gunstock and hands me a round gets a free 20 dollar membership. I am just paying someone back.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Yeah, pay your damn $20!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top