Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2004 3:27:33 AM EDT
what is an average day like in the coast guard boot camp? the 8 weeks? from waking up to going to bed.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:29:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Wake up.
Pee.
Coffee.
Swim.
Lunch.
Poop.
Swim some more.
Supper.
Pee again.
Bedtime.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:17:45 AM EDT
[#2]
seriously, im considering joining.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:20:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Wake up 0500-0530
ass chewing/ inspection/ motivation
PT
clean
asschewing
eat
clean
class/ training
ass chewing
clean
eat
class/ training
ass chewing
eat
time to try to make you throw up from all that eating and sitting around all day
clean
ass chewing
2200 stand watch at night/ sleep

Not as physical or hard as Army Basic, but you'll lose weight.  (I've been to both)  They don't swear as much or touch you.  There is a beach to get wet and sandy on while doing grass drills though.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#4]
CG boot camp to me wasnt very demanding physically, but it wasnt easy.  You only go to the range twice the entire time your there.  Run the Cape May beaches, I was there in the summer, so all the little rich girl hotties were strewn on the beach half naked and all I could do was run .  You do alot of runs through the Cape May neighborhoods too.  Alot of swimming, PT, and classroom stuff.  All in all its a good experience, ive been in 5 years now, and I have no complaints.  Besides the gave me $35,000 for another 5 years  

By the way, which rate are you looking at?

ET2 here
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#5]
IM me , I'll tell ya all about it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:48:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Hummmm... Not for nothing, but who cares? Your boot camp time is exactly that and what you do there will end as soon as you move into the fleet -- Trust that you will be prepared mentally and physically to move on - then you focus on your job at hand -- don't let that couple of months be part of your decision to join or not.

That said, not as physically demanding as Army Basic, a little more acedemic though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top