Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2004 8:49:01 PM EDT
Now that the Assault Weapons ban has expired, we must focus on letting the U.N. know we will not stand for foreign organizations influencing policy in the United States. Gun Control, election monitoring and BS like that. How do we get this started? Are there avenues for this already? Would the Avila’s devote a section of this site for the awareness of U.N policy?

What do you guys and gals think?

Sanguine
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I voted "hell yes," but could we please get somebody other than Wayne to debate the issue?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#3]
President Bush already did that with regards to the UN Small Arms thing
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:59:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes, but I think we should also...

img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/RicArmstrong/Humor/armbeetlejuicelo-fi.jpg

It's the only way to make sure we retain our democracy.

[professorfarnsworth]What!?[/professorfarnsworth]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck the UN
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:03:13 PM EDT
[#6]

the un wants to be the only ones with guns. history has taught us when a government has all the power. the government abuses the power!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Bout ALL I gotta say........  

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#9]
See MY avatar!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:25:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

img48.exs.cx/img48/6339/us_soldierpic.jpg

That is great!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

HOLY SHIT!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
See MY avatar!!

I had to look close at your avatar to see it was a screw....
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#13]
allright who the fuck put Hell no???
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:32:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I put no, I hate the UN but the NRA shouldn't waste a second on that crap as worded. If they get the 89 import taken away, then the '86 ban and then state bans and then city and municipal bans and nobody is still anti and taken seriously, then ok i'm for it but as of right now they should concentrate on what's most important.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Seriously.  Two people voted "who gives a shit" too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:35:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I put no, I hate the UN but the NRA shouldn't waste a second on that crap as worded. If they get the 89 import taken away, then the '86 ban and then state bans and then city and municipal bans and nobody is still anti and taken seriously, then ok i'm for it but as of right now they should concentrate on what's most important.

oh and you dont feel that the U.S. could potentely sign a treaty with the UN to disarm us is important?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Sorry guys, but that was me.  I clicked that without thinking and it was purely accidental.  I'm a moron.  I guess I just put myself in the "Special" Forces tonight.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry guys, but that was me.  I clicked that without thinking and it was purely accidental.  I'm a moron.  I guess I just put myself in the "Special" Forces tonight.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:42:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

img75.exs.cx/img75/7254/positive14.jpg

that is funny but so fucked up
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Your on double secret perdition"
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Isn't beetlejuice dead?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:55:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

img75.exs.cx/img75/7254/positive14.jpg

Damn, see what honesty gets you sometimes?  Guys, keep 'em coming.  I definitely deserve them tonight!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:28:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is great!

Glad y'all liked that    just made it a couple hours ago, hehe
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't beetlejuice dead?

Dont think so.. DO know Hank kicked the bucket tho.... drank his short ass self to death recently
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:58:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh and you dont feel that the U.S. could potentely sign a treaty with the UN to disarm us is important?

That is so unrealistic at this point, what is realistic is another AWB ban. If the question had been "If the UN tries to force us to be disarmed..." I would say yes, but for the NRA to get involved with stopping the UN from election monitoring in the US on top of the rest of the more important crap like fighting VPC and Feinswine etc I say not yet.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:13:18 PM EDT
[#27]
NightWatchman: I disagree. The NRA should fight the anti-gunners whenever and wherever they find them. A treaty when with 2/3 approval from the USA Senate and signed by the POTUS, has the force of Constitutional amendment. By the time it affect you personally, it will be too late to do anything about it, and all there is left is to comply.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:27:26 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is so unrealistic at this point, what is realistic is another AWB ban. If the question had been "If the UN tries to force us to be disarmed..." I would say yes, but for the NRA to get involved with stopping the UN from election monitoring in the US on top of the rest of the more important crap like fighting VPC and Feinswine etc I say not yet.

I'm 41 now, When I was about 8 I remember listening to a conversation between my dad (a cop) and the neihbor talking about when guns will be outlawed for all citizens. And why the NRA is important. Ok, so it hasn't happened yet but the AWB was a shot at it. Don't think for a minute that if Gore had been elected it would have sunset. There is no telling how much further he would have taken it. We cannot be passive or reactive to these issues anymore. We must be proactive and preemtive if we wish to preserve the American way of life.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:32:58 AM EDT
[#29]
The saying a "a good defense is a good offense?" We've got to keep the anti-gunners off-balance.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:44:40 AM EDT
[#30]
I have refrained from voting simply because my vote is a yes and a no.
If you means take on the UN about gun rights or lack there of, then yes.
If you mean about monitoring elections, monetary contributions, etc. then no. I don't believe the NRA should involved themselves in that stuff. There are other organizations to handle those issues. Don't dilute the NRA with multiple issues when there is greater strength by concentrating on one.

Now NRA members are the same as any other American citizen and should be invovled in getting the UN the hell out of our business, but not the organization itself IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I have refrained from voting simply because my vote is a yes and a no.
If you means take on the UN about gun rights or lack there of, then yes.
If you mean about monitoring elections, monetary contributions, etc. then no. I don't believe the NRA should involved themselves in that stuff. There are other organizations to handle those issues. Don't dilute the NRA with multiple issues when there is greater strength by concentrating on one.

Now NRA members are the same as any other American citizen and should be invovled in getting the UN the hell out of our business, but not the organization itself IMHO.

Maybe I should clarify what I meant when I wrote this topic.

Clearly from the stand point that "WE the PEOPLE" should be sending a message to the U.N. that "we" will not stand for the global controlling antics of the U.N. as they would place them on the US.  I did not mean that the NRA should take them on. Only that a comment by LaPierre about the U.N. was accurate. On that note I couldn't agree with you more.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd like to see the US pull out of the UN and take our tax dollars with 'em!!!

The UN is just a stepping stone to giving up more of our rights/freedom.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I got that mail too, but Wayne can't debate himself out of a paper bag.  THE WRONG MAN FOR THE JOB!  I predict he will make a fool out of himself and luckily NOBODY will pay to watch him do it!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:54:18 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't beetlejuice dead?

Who cares?

Fuck Howard Stern with Robin's dick.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I voted "hell yes," but could we please get somebody other than Wayne to debate the issue?

+1,000,000
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:15:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't beetlejuice dead?

Who cares?

Fuck Howard Stern with Robin's dick.

Ditto!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:17:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top