Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2004 7:43:43 PM EDT
I have lived in this place for 4 years. Largely white middle class suburbia. I wish to put up Bush signs but notice in this area of close to 500 houses there are only a couple up and they are on the main streets.In my Cul De Sac there a zero/zilch signs up. do you think anyone will mind if I put them up??Would my neighbors ostracise me if they knew I was a republican? The good thing is I have'nt seen a Kerry sign in the area.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I put stickers on my car here, I got a yard sign for the local congressman.

Id do it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#2]
No problem, just make sure your homeowners insurance is up to date.  Some liberal nutjob is likely to firebomb your house.  We all know how violent and psycho many of them are.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm thinking about putting some on my car but I know i'm gonna have to post a note that goes something like this : Screwing with my car will result in a righteous ass kicking.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#4]
do you support President Bush or not?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No problem, just make sure your homeowners insurance is up to date.  Some liberal nutjob is likely to firebomb your house.  We all know how violent and psycho many of them are.

No no no, liberals are tolerant caring individuals who would never harm anyone.

Until you disagree with their views.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#6]
You live someplace where you are afraid to put up a Republican political sign?
Move.

The libs want to scare you into being a sheeple. Screw em.

Next thing you know you'll be worried about having your conservative friends over.

Put up a Dem sign with a big black bow on it.

Then sit in the front yard with a rifle and wait for trouble.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#7]
put 'em up
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:28:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm glad George Washington and the rest of the founding fathers didn't worry about being "ostracised"

Sheshh.  Alot of people died to preserve your freedom,  the least you can do is put up a yard sign.

It's a shame you even have to ask.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:35:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Sign, Bumper stickers, working up a large 'W' in Times New Roman, out of white vinyl contact paper for the back window of my pickup. In Los Angeles, a County that voted 51% against the CA Recall.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:42:59 AM EDT
[#10]
... Why yes!

... We Republicans have the cajones right?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:17:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I put my W'04 oval on my Jeep (Thanks Sniper Wolfe) and drive it with pride. I hope it  does piss the Dims off.

Better yet, maybe it will make at least one person say "Hmmmm"....
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:22:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have lived in this place for 4 years. Largely white middle class suburbia. I wish to put up Bush signs but notice in this area of close to 500 houses there are only a couple up and they are on the main streets.In my Cul De Sac there a zero/zilch signs up. do you think anyone will mind if I put them up??Would my neighbors ostracise me if they knew I was a republican? The good thing is I have'nt seen a Kerry sign in the area.

put your signs up anyways.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:26:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

How much do you really care what they think?

Your putting up a sign, thats it.  I would be concerned if it was something like making a fence and gate out of railroad ties with razor wire on top or something.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:58:06 AM EDT
[#14]
It is your property and you do have a first amendment right.  POST IT
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:04:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Don't think about it...........just get it done

Honestly, do you really care what your neighbors think of you?...........I sure as hell dont
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:06:28 AM EDT
[#16]
I was the first to put up a Bush/Cheney sign on my street. If nobody likes it, too F'N BAD! I'm an AMERICAN! I'VE SERVED IN THE FORCES THAT GUARD OUR COUNTRY AND OUR WAY OF LIFE. I have the right to put up Barney for president signs if I want to. Do you support Bush or not? PUT UP THE SIGN! Of course don't if you don't support THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES! Grow a pair and put the sign up.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:09:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Put up my "Support President Bush & our Troops" sign this morning.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#18]
I put a Bush-Cheney 04 sticker on my Suv!

I can deal with my vehicle being vandalized if they can deal with a .45 off their nose and pissing themselves!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:10:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How much do you really care what they think?

+1

I guess this will tell you who your friends
are (aren't) in the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Sorry for partial highjack:

Anyone know of a good source to get Bush signs, stickers, etc.?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Yep! They keyed my wifes Concode LXi because it has a Bush-Cheny sticket on it. Nice people.

Screw em, put up your sign.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:55:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:52:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:56:44 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

No no no, liberals are tolerant caring individuals who would never harm anyone.

Until you disagree with their views.

Mister Floppy you couldn't have put it any better.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Fuck the neighbors, put up you damn signs.

It's called freedom of speech.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#26]
if i gave two fucks about what the neighbors thought I probably wouldn't have 4 old chevy trucks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#27]

Sorry for partial highjack:

Anyone know of a good source to get Bush signs, stickers, etc.?

Thanks.

Just go to www.georgebush.com and go to the online store.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top