Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 3:42:59 PM EDT
Did Microsoft screw something up in Media Player or something? I suddenly can't play any DVD's with it or any other player, despite having been able to do so just two days ago. Also, there's this Service Pack 2 upgrade that's taking FOREVER to download, even over hi-speed.

WTF, over? I'm here with my and they want to watch Looney Toones and Tom & Jerry on daddy's laptop like we always do, but I can't, and I'm PISSED!

ETA: Oh, and I also have this windos download icon in my tray which I can't get rid of, but doesn't reflect the percentage of the download going on now.

Let's hear it for Bill!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure it isn't the DVD player?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:46:34 PM EDT
[#2]
No, because I hear the audio, but Player refuses to show the video.

Oh, WONDERFUL! Now it's VERIFYING the download!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I am watching a movie on mine.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#4]
DVD player?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:12:07 PM EDT
[#5]
DVD-ROM drive on PC.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:38:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#7]
OK,I know you're an Officer, so I'll go slow....

What has changed since your DVD player / burner last worked?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
No, because I hear the audio, but Player refuses to show the video.

Oh, WONDERFUL! Now it's VERIFYING the download!

Heh, I installed SP2 the other day on XP... took about 2 or 3 hours it seems like.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Must be coincidental, by my DVD player did not work right after I downloaded service pack II, I tried everything. It would read CD but not DVD’s. I tried doing a system restore, etc. Then a couple days ago it started working again. Mine would not even act like I had a dvd in there. It would say insert DVD. Works now though. Good luck with yours.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:50:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
OK,I know you're an Officer, so I'll go slow....

What has changed since your DVD player / burner last worked?

Cruizin' for a ass-kickin', ain't ya?

It's fixed now. Apparently the SP2 download and install had started while I was on dialup, and then I initiated it again when I got onto hi-speed. Once the whole thing settled itself out (and the upgrade to Media Player installed itself) it started working again.

So, I reiterate: dialup SUCKS!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top