Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2004 2:50:01 PM EDT
I just went to get my prescription filled for Androgel (testosterone replacement therapy )

Wow, $313 for one month supply!!

$215 with my insurance. Man that sucks.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#1]
growing boobs or  something?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#2]
God I hope not. Low testosterone makes you gain weight and be cranky or feel depressed most of the time. Also the doctor said that most men who think they are depressed are actually in need of test. therapy. Doctors are too quick to prescribe anti-depressants instead of doing blood work.

I went to the doctor because I had gained a few pounds unexplained. My normal weight is 285-300 and has been since I left the Army. Now I'm up to 325 and can't lose the weight. So my doc checks my hormone levels and I'm down to 273 (should be 400-600).
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#3]

$10 to drug manufaturer.

$302.95 to pay off costs of FDA trials.

$.05 to Pharmacy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top