Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 10:38:36 AM EDT
powerlineblog.com/archives/008003.php

HINDROCKET adds: The Selective Service System has added this statement to its website:

Notwithstanding recent stories in the news media and on the Internet, Selective Service is not getting ready to conduct a draft for the U.S. Armed Forces -- either with a special skills or regular draft. Rather, the Agency remains prepared to manage a draft if and when the President and the Congress so direct. This responsibility has been ongoing since 1980 and is nothing new. Further, both the President and the Secretary of Defense have stated on more than one occasion that there is no need for a draft for the War on Terrorism or any likely contingency, such as Iraq. Additionally, the Congress has not acted on any proposed legislation to reinstate a draft. Therefore, Selective Service continues to refine its plans to be prepared as is required by law, and to register young men who are ages 18 through 25.

Link to Rather's hit piece yesterday

www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/28/eveningnews/main646055.shtml
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:42:46 AM EDT
[#1]
And of course he conveniently fails to mention that the only recent legislation proposed to bring back the draft was submitted by DEMO-CRAPS!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#3]
If you watched the CBS news tonight ( I do for the entertainment value ), Rather and his cohorts started in on Irag,,,which just happens to be the subject of this week's debate, for the first half of the broadcast. The coverage was very negative. They never give up.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#4]
"Absolutely," she says. "I would vote for Howdy Doody if I thought it would keep my boys home and safe."

I think some people would vote for howdy doody for a nickel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top