Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2004 8:55:49 AM EDT
www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1096259492295&p=1078027574121

Now, most of you are probably like me.  It pizzes you off to see Palestinian terrorists waving around full auto m16s that we're not to have anymore (i.e., new ones).

Well, it apparently pizzes the Israelis off too!

Here's what they did!

Further evidence emerged Monday of the direct link between the armed wing of Fatah, Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, and the Palestinian Authority.

Obituary notices distributed in the West Bank town of Salfit by Fatah and the PA's General Intelligence Force revealed that the local commander of the Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, who was killed on Sunday when his M-16 rifle exploded, had doubled as a security officer.

Jihad Hassan, who is also known as Abu Naaim, was the commander of the Aqsa Martyrs Brigades in Salfit and has been wanted by Israel for the past two years.

Residents said Hassan purchased two days ago from an arms dealer an M-16 rifle that had been apparently booby-trapped by Israel's Shin Bet. They said the rifle exploded on Sunday while Hassan was carrying it, amputating his right arm.

Hassan was rushed unconscious to a hospital in Ramallah, where he was pronounced dead on arrival. Doctors said he had lost a lot of blood before arriving at the hospital.

An obituary notice published by the General Intelligence Force, headed by Gen. Tawfik Tirawi, revealed that the Aqsa Martyrs Brigades commander also served in the force with the rank of lieutenant.

"The command of the Palestinian General Intelligence Force and all its officers and soldiers mourn the death of martyr and hero lieutenant Jihad Hassan, who was martyred on the soil of Salfit on September 26, 2004 while carrying out his duties," said the obituary statement.

Always hate to see a good piece of hardware destroyed, but the end result kicked ass in this case!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:57:54 AM EDT
[#1]
dupety dupety dupe
ibtl
pie
+1
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Dupe or not, that's some fine work.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:00:27 AM EDT
[#3]
What do you guys think?   A few ounces of C-4 in the buffer tube with a timer?  Or what?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What do you guys think?   A few ounces of C-4 in the buffer tube with a timer?  Or what?

Or under the handguards or in the buttstock.........wouldn't you have liked to see the look on his face as he saw the bloody stump of an arm?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

They sold him a Hesse/Vulcan

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Personally, I would think of using a dummy bolt carrier group packed with C-4 and using the firing pin as a detonator.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I think our side used to do this in Vietnam, distributing sabotaged small arms among the enemy. Reportedly, they sometimes found enemy soldiers with bolts sticking out of their faces.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:09:08 AM EDT
[#8]
This is just one more good reason not to get on the bad side of the Mossad.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hahahahahaah
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Goddamn, them Jews got some smarts.

Thats some fine work

- BG
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#11]
just load up some .223. a primer, 4 grains of handgun powder, pack the empty space with c-4, put a bullet on top.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:32:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Sweet!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hahahahahaah

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Couldn't they just have sold him a Glock instead?  

BaDa BUM!

Calm down you glock lovers, I have two of them myself. It was just too easy to pass up.....
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#17]
That would make sense.  Its right by the head and the most vulnerable point when shooting.  They used a cell phone to get that other terrorist.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Hhmmmm.....one fine firearm lost....one terrorist zapped.

I guess it was worth it. Now if we coulda  got  TWO terrorists....

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
just load up some .223. a primer, 4 grains of handgun powder, pack the empty space with c-4, put a bullet on top.

TXL

That's what some SF did in Vietnam with AK 47s, though I imagine the Israelis might have been more inventive.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TXL

That's what some SF did in Vietnam with AK 47s, though I imagine the Israelis might have been more inventive.

Operation Eldest Son.  From what I understood, tho, it was an overbore ball seated behind the round.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:39:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I think the booby trap was probably in the buffer tube.   The first time you fire the rifle,  BOOM.

Smart thinking, and good work.    Oh...by the way....can I have what's left of the lower receiver?  

CJ

Well, hopefully it was set up in a way that precluded it from exploding if you just pulled the charging handle back.  "Here is your new M16! (snicker sniker)"  "Ah, allah ackbar! Lemme just make sure the weapon is clear" (pulls back charging handle) BOOOOMMM!!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#23]
nice!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Love the Izzies...for those who don't remember ol' Yahya Ayyash:

The Engineer

As a young man, Yehiya Ayyash ("the Engineer") tinkered with the family radios and TV sets and planned to become an electronic engineer. When his application to study in Jordan was denied by the Israeli bureaucracy, however, Ayyash joined Hamas (a militant Islamic organisation) and dedicated himself to a life of terror. Between 1994 and 1996, his work (including the Division Street and Dizengoff Street bombings) killed 150 Israelis and wounded 500.
After months of careful planning, Shin Bet (Israel's elite internal security force) finally managed to steal, modify, and replace Ayyash's cell phone. The next time it rang, Ayyash answered - and promptly had his head blown off.

[Abdel Aziz Rantisi, Hamas' leader in Gaza, never picked up a ringing phone. Instead, he had one of his children answer it.]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top