Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 8:11:17 AM EDT
I heard an associate of mine, not a friend, that joined the Marines went AWOL on Sept. 1st after everyone back home didn't think much of him despite getting through basic.

When he turns up, what can he expect in terms of punishment?

He is still unaccounted for and I sure wouldn't help him out if I knew where he was... but I'm curious as to what kind of gruff he is in for?

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:14:01 AM EDT
[#1]
How long has he been in?

Has he "missed a movement"? (was the unit to which he was attached deployed?)
Will he pop positive for drugs, when they catch him?

He could get an administrative discharge, or he could do hard time and get a bad conduct discharge.
It depends on the details.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How long has he been in?

Has he "missed a movement"? (was the unit to which he was attached deployed?)
Will he pop positive for drugs, when they catch him?

He could get an administrative discharge, or he could do hard time and get a bad conduct discharge.
It depends on the details.

Might have missed deployment to Iraq, if two stories match up.   He claimed he going to the sandbox "in a few days" several weeks ago.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:41:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, then he missed a movement.

I'd say he's in for some time, plus the BCD.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:41:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Why didn't anyone back home think much of him after basic?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Anywhere from hard time to having to do extra work around the barracks (article 15, etc.).

It all depends, like cincinnatus pointed out, on the details.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Kind of hope things work out for him, hell he signed up hopefully he comes back and does a good job. Hopefully something has happened that has prevented him from returning.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Probably because he was an attention whore tough guy trying to get respect.

Any chance he's killed himself?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:51:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct and yes, with any luck.

I'll buy a beer for anyone in uniform... this guy is a fucking disgrace.  He has ALWAYS been a screw up.

Just wondering about whats gonna happen to him if he shows up.... he was arrested a while back for gun charges in NYC when he was basically stalking a former mutual friend (now she is just my friend).

- BG

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:52:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Kind of hope things work out for him, hell he signed up hopefully he comes back and does a good job. Hopefully something has happened that has prevented him from returning.

"Hope things work out for him"??

Fuck him.

He's a deserter during WAR.  He missed a deployment with his unit.
I hope things work out for him too... I hope he breaks rocks for a decade.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:53:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll buy a beer for anyone in uniform... this guy is a fucking disgrace.  He has ALWAYS been a screw up.

Just wondering about whats gonna happen to him if he shows up.... he was arrested a while back for gun charges in NYC when he was basically stalking a former mutual friend (now she is just my friend).

- BG

Okay, that's fair. I'd have been pissed if they didn't like him just because he was a Marine.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:56:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

Okay, that's fair. I'd have been pissed if they didn't like him just because he was a Marine.

They may be goddamn hippies in those parts, but they wouldn't piss on anyone for serving.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Hope things work out for him"??

Fuck him.

He's a deserter during WAR.  He missed a deployment with his unit.
I hope things work out for him too... I hope he breaks rocks for a decade.

Like I said I hope he didn't try skipping out. Shit does happen to people they can not help some times.

Until I know he took off and is avoiding the military, well thats another story.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well, then he missed a movement.

I'd say he's in for some time, plus the BCD.

Yup, wartime...+1 on the Big Chicken Dinner
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:00:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Shit does happen to people they can not help some times

There's no excuse.
If you're on leave and "shit happens" -call your command. It's a direct order, every Marine knows this.
If as had been reported, the guy's STILL MISSING after a month....
What possible excuse is there?

None.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:09:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Once he is UA for 30 days, he will become a deserter. If he missed movement, or is found to have deserted to avoid deployment, he is in deep shit. Anything else he has done, or will do before he is caught will add to the snowball effect. If they send the cross-country chasers after him he will be in really deep shit and will probably end up in Leavenworth.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:10:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Shit does happen to people they can not help some times

There's no excuse.
If you're on leave and "shit happens" -call your command. It's a direct order, every Marine knows this.
If as had been reported, the guy's STILL MISSING after a month....
What possible excuse is there?

None.

+1

If the shitbird had a problem on leave, like Cincinnatus said,  you just pick up the phone and notify your Command of the problem.  Most  of the time, your Commander will extend your leave or give you instructions of what you may need to do.  Obviously this was too difficult for the shitbird, hope he likes Kansas or any of the other Brigs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top