Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 7:48:29 AM EDT
Yesterday a sheriff's deputy killed a 40 lb bobcat near where I live with a small pocket knife. They had a pic of this cat on the news this morning and he was huge.  I can't imagine killing him with a 3" pocket knife.  That must of taken some guts to grab that pussy by neck and slice his throat.  Here's the news story:

A Douglas County sheriff's deputy and a woman were treated at a hospital after being attacked by a bobcat.  Deputy Chris Ernst was called to the scene Tuesday after a woman reported being bitten by a large cat, said Douglas County Chief Deputy Stan Copeland.  "While he was at the residence, he was attacked by a 40-plus pound bobcat," Copeland said.  Before Ernst could draw his gun, the cat latched onto his leg, Copeland said.  Lt. Eddie Davis, who was there with Ernst, was then unable to shoot the bobcat without endangering Ernst. Instead, he used a knife to kill the animal, Copeland said.  Ernst and the woman who was bitten were both taken to the hospital, where they were treated and released, pending the results of rabies tests. The bobcat's carcass was turned over to Animal Control, Copeland said.  Although the large cats are common in the area, it is unusual for one to attack because they usually stay away from people, Copeland said.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:49:16 AM EDT
[#1]
WOW
she is one lucky lady  , and he is one tough sob
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:50:27 AM EDT
[#2]
had 4 of 'em stroll through the yard yesterday.

gotta love living in the country.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:50:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:54:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:54:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I always wanted to shoot one and mount it, but have not had the opportunity.  Saw one deer hunting in Alabama but decided to let it go, besides a 30.06 would probably mess him up pretty bad and make it difficult to mount.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#6]
HOLY SHIT! My wife and I take an occasional stroll down a country road near her parents house, and one evening we saw a bobcat. He was just sitting there with his back turned to us, he turned to look at us, but didnt move an inch. I pointed him out to my wife and she got real nervous. I was carrying my pocketknife and for a brief second I wondered to myself if a bobcat would even try to attack a human and would I be able to do anything with my pocketknife. I didnt think much of it after that, but my wife kept looking over her shoulder the whole walk back home.  So bizzare to see this post now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top