Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2004 7:35:21 AM EDT
Does the IRS have a contact number for someone who is committing tax fraud?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Gonna drop a dime?

Hell, if the IRS paid commission I'd throw a few at them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:36:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Rat.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:37:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I believe there's a special place in Hell for people who snitch on tax-evaders.

Remember the tea party......
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:38:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Turning in a cruel stripper or something?  Vindiction?  Why would you do this?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:39:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.  Leave them alone and keep you mouth shut.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:40:15 AM EDT
[#6]
There's a difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion (fraud).

I am all about using any and all legitimate means to keep the maximum amount of what is mine in my pocket. But I am not keen on people breaking those rules to keep a bigger share.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:42:07 AM EDT
[#7]
maybe you could get some tips from him/her ...
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:42:28 AM EDT
[#8]
If this person is getting money they did not pay in (tax credits) turn them in.  If they are trying to keep their own money, leave them alone.

I would give every cent I have to the defense budget, but I can not stand all the give aways our Gov. does.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:44:27 AM EDT
[#9]
www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=106778,00.html

You can contact the IRS toll free at 1-800-829-0433.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:45:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Rat.

Rat bastard more like it ----------- scum.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:49:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Nobody likes a narc.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Just go through the yellow pages and send them every contractor, roofer, ect in the book while your at it
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:55:12 AM EDT
[#13]
STFU about it, ya fuckin prick.

Obligatory h.gif
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#14]
+1 on STFU!

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#15]
SHAME ON ALL OF YOU THAT THINK YOU ARE ENTITLED TO KEEP YOU OWN MONEY!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:57:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rat.

Rat bastard more like it ----------- scum.

+ 2
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:59:14 AM EDT
[#17]
There is a pizza joint that I used to go to that had a buffet for lunch.

When you would pay, they would never ring it up on the register, that would just give you change.

But if you would pay with a credit card, they would have to ring it up...

That really made me mad that they were avoiding taxes...  They were charging people for sales tax, but weren't paying sales tax.

Whenever we would go, I would have everyone in the group give me their money, then use my check card.  Boy, they always got pissy about that.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:00:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Just go through the yellow pages and send them every contractor, roofer, ect in the book while your at it

BULLSHIT
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:01:31 AM EDT
[#19]
mind your own business...
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:02:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:03:07 AM EDT
[#21]
When you rat someone out to the IRS, you also get on their list.  I've arrested a lot of people over the years for different crimes, but I never even considered turning them into the IRS for tax evasion on illegal gains.  It's like dealing with the devil.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:04:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Why don't you describe what is going on?
And then let us decide via poll?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:05:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
There is a pizza joint that I used to go to that had a buffet for lunch.

When you would pay, they would never ring it up on the register, that would just give you change.

But if you would pay with a credit card, they would have to ring it up...

That really made me mad that they were avoiding taxes...  They were charging people for sales tax, but weren't paying sales tax.

Whenever we would go, I would have everyone in the group give me their money, then use my check card.  Boy, they always got pissy about that.

the irs does not collect sales tax, different entity altogether, sales tax is state based

irs shoyuld be abolished, go with a fed  sales tax, make everyone pay
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:06:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

TAX FRAUD IS LIKE INSURANCE FRAUD!  EVERY DOLLAR THAT ISN'T PAID BY SOMEONE WHO OWES IT IS ANOTHER DOLLAR TAKEN FROM THE POCKETS OF THE LAW-ABIDING.  IN EFFECT THESE PEOPLE AREN'T FUCKING THE GOVERNMENT... THEY ARE FUCKING YOU!

No, the lazy ass 'woman' with no job, no husband, 10 kids, a gov't subsidized apt., and a Cadillac Escalade with 26" rims is fucking me (not literally).
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
First off... I hate taxes.  I've been the spokesman for a state tax authority for five and a half years... at EVERY advisory opinion meeting I advocate on behalf of the taxpayers and give the civil service flunkies coniptions when I tell them we should go to a flat tax and put us all out of work.  Having said that...  pull the dumb stick out your butts and realize this...

TAX FRAUD IS LIKE INSURANCE FRAUD!  EVERY DOLLAR THAT ISN'T PAID BY SOMEONE WHO OWES IT IS ANOTHER DOLLAR TAKEN FROM THE POCKETS OF THE LAW-ABIDING.  IN EFFECT THESE PEOPLE AREN'T FUCKING THE GOVERNMENT... THEY ARE FUCKING YOU!

No, ...... the GOVERNMENT is FUCKING you, these people are just smart enough to not get fucked as much.  

Taxes are as evil as gun laws.  

All gun laws are illegal, and taxes are as well.  

Anyone who rats to the govt is a COLLABORATOR with evil.  

Remember what happened to collaborators after ww2?  

They deserve no sympathy or quarter.

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:11:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:11:18 AM EDT
[#27]
The IRS very rarely pays informants even though they have a program set up for it.

Where Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity?

If you suspect or know of an individual or company that is not complying with the tax laws, report this activity.  Call 1-800-829-0433.

www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=106778,00.html

www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=125261,00.html

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:28:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Since everyone wants to play do-gooder and have me keep my mouth shut how about this line up....

Dated a man for 5-10 years. They had a HOUSE together. She just leaves him one night. To go marry someone else in Vegas.

Hasnt paid employee wages to her employees for months.

Has committed insurance fraud mulitple times. Including having surguery then purposely working to have to go back and have more surgery, to file suit on the dcotor.

Has made threatening phone calls to neighbor (Which the cops arrested her for!)

Has lied and evaded taxs for years.

Ok, this isnt a simple little tax error to get a few hundred bucks more. This is an evil vile person which has done EVERYTHING she can to screw ANYONE so she can get money. I dont mind someone maybe having a little extra here or there on their taxes. But, someone who flat out LIES and commits fraud affects ALL of us.

Of course, not that its really anyones fucking business to begin with. But since some people wondered, thats why.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:31:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:35:34 AM EDT
[#30]
@ redgoat - lol!

@specop - you pretty much made it everyone's business when you brought it up in a public forum.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
@ redgoat - lol!

@specop - you pretty much made it everyone's business when you brought it up in a public forum.

No, I made it peoples business to either answer a simple fucking question or not answer. I dont rightly recall asking about the moral or social obligations in regards to ratting someone out did I?
But everyone simply ASSUMES that I'm somehow an evil fucking rat, when in fact this lady is screwing everything and everyone she possibly can to get a free dime. But, I suppose insurance fraud and tax fruad and withholding employees is O-fucking-Kay because it means she's just trying to get ahead right?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:41:09 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Since everyone wants to play do-gooder and have me keep my mouth shut how about this line up....

Dated a man for 5-10 years. They had a HOUSE together. She just leaves him one night. To go marry someone else in Vegas.

Hasnt paid employee wages to her employees for months.

Has committed insurance fraud mulitple times. Including having surguery then purposely working to have to go back and have more surgery, to file suit on the dcotor.

Has made threatening phone calls to neighbor (Which the cops arrested her for!)

Has lied and evaded taxs for years.

Ok, this isnt a simple little tax error to get a few hundred bucks more. This is an evil vile person which has done EVERYTHING she can to screw ANYONE so she can get money. I dont mind someone maybe having a little extra here or there on their taxes. But, someone who flat out LIES and commits fraud affects ALL of us.

Of course, not that its really anyones fucking business to begin with. But since some people wondered, thats why.

Is she hot?

Post pics.

TRG

Shes about 45 years old and has taned so much in her life she looks like leather.
So, no. Shes not hot. And shes a MASSIVE bitch to boot. I dunno HOW many times she's put her live in in jail just because she was mad.
They get in a fight, she calls cops, she leaves house, he goes to jail. Repeat about 100 times.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:43:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Specop_007,

Are you going to have any liability from her liability? Did you work with/for here?

We've represented clients on both sides of the fence. Husband/wife going through divorce. Wife decides to rat out husband and then file innocent spouse claim. IRS declines her innocent spouse claim and she gets popped too.

We've also had clients who are going through divorces and wife says I will tell everything. We beat her to the punch and disclose passing liability to her as well.

Two edged sword.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:44:53 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
@ redgoat - lol!

No, I made it peoples business to either answer a simple fucking question or not answer. I dont rightly recall asking about the moral or social obligations in regards to ratting someone out did I?
But everyone simply ASSUMES that I'm somehow an evil fucking rat, when in fact this lady is screwing everything and everyone she possibly can to get a free dime. But, I suppose insurance fraud and tax fruad and withholding employees is O-fucking-Kay because it means she's just trying to get ahead right?

To elaborate on what I said earlier, if you didn't want commentary you shouldn't have brought it up in a public forum. You should have spent 5 seconds on the IRS website to get the answer yourself. No matter how you see it, a lot of people think negatively on someone who rats someone out to the IRS, regardless of motives.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:45:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Jeez, if you already knew the answer to your question, why the hell did you ask it?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:45:36 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Specop_007,

Are you going to have any liability from her liability? Did you work with/for here?

We've represented clients on both sides of the fence. Husband/wife going through divorce. Wife decides to rat out husband and then file innocent spouse claim. IRS declines her innocent spouse claim and she gets popped too.

We've also had clients who are going through divorces and wife says I will tell everything. We beat her to the punch and disclose passing liability to her as well.

Two edged sword.

Zero liability. My taxes are in order every year. I dont work with her, I dont live next to her. Its all other people who are getting screwed, but I'm tired of the shit my friends are having to go through. One guy just got a new car, well he cant make the payment because they wont pay him his wages. Her neighbor, who is a friend, is getting yelled at by her and having threatening phone calls. Well, this lady alos babysits my children from time to time. I dont much approve of her yelling obscenities while my children are there.
So, time to take action.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:46:20 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe theres a special place in Hell for people who protect them.

And I like tea, much more then coffee.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:48:03 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Absolutely HK... and so is the son of a bitch that sets-up illegal tax shelters so that he doesn't pay tax on his seven figure income while you pay 35% on a low six figure income as you try to pay your mortgage, property tax, kids college since you don't qualify for financial aid, sales tax, excise taxes, state income taxes, school taxes, special assessments, etc...

I hate freeloaders as well... but that is a seperate issue.  I hate out of control government spending as well.  What I really despise are people who think they don't have to pay taxes and foist that burden onto other people.  We all hate paying taxes, we are all taxed too much... but we also pay higher taxes than we would if scumbags weren't trying to cheat the system.

You're right.  But I would still prefer to stay out of the fight between a tax evader and the IRS.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, the lazy ass 'woman' with no job, no husband, 10 kids, a gov't subsidized apt., and a Cadillac Escalade with 26" rims is fucking me (not literally).

I have seen some po folk driving $100,000 bmw 7 series. Pisses me off. Because they are fucking some one.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Nobody is above the law.  

I hate taxes too, and use an accountant to legally try to keep some of what is mine.  When somebody breaks the law and cheats, it hurts everybody.  That road with potholes everybody keeps complaining about, but that there aren't enough highway funds to fix, or the school that needs a new roof..... tax cheats aren't doing their part.  If you don't like the laws, work to change them, but we must ALL live by them (even the stupid gun laws).
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:55:17 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I have seen some po folk driving $100,000 bmw 7 series. Pisses me off. Because they are fucking some one.

Absolutely.  When I moved to STL, I had a decent job and started out by renting a townhome.  It was in a nice apt. complex in a nice neighborhood.

But I found out AFTER I moved in, that they did a lot of gov't subsidized housing, so these folks were getting an easy ride in these nice apartments and townhomes, while I was working my butt off to pay the rent.  Every day I'd come home from work, and the basketball court and pool were full of people who hadn't worked a minute all day.

BTW, the parking lot was full of new Mercedes, BMWs, Lexus, Cadillacs, Hummers, etc.

Naw, I'm not bitter, just FED UP.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:57:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:58:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Whats "fucking us" is letting our government waste the tax dollars they do raise instead of taking care of business at home. The govt raises plenty of money as it is, they just don't spend it where it needs to be spent.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:58:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Specop_007,

Check the county recorder's office to see if there are any tax liens already filed against her. The IRS will catch on very quick if she is having an employment tax 940/941 problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top