Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 3:23:06 AM EDT
I was at the local hardware/gun store to buy some Locktite, and could not resist swinging by the gun counter.  Of course all of their guns were overpriced.  So I asked the guy behind the counter (this was 29 SEP) if the guns came with regular capacity mags.
Him- "No, but were checking on that... the Brady Bill (WHAT?)  just expired the 14..." trails off into mumbling.
Me- "Yeah, so those mags are legal."
Him- "Well, were checking on it because..."
Me- "I already own LEO only Glock 17 mags."
Pause
Him- "Yeah were checking on it.  The Brady Bill banned those.  I can carry my P95 now."
Me- "What do you mean you can carry it now?"
Him- "Well it has a 15 rd capacity, and those were illegal."
Me - "No, if you already owned it, it was legal.  The ban only applied to new items coming onto he market."
Him- "Well, I always thought that if I couldn't hit him with the first one or two rounds... Blah blah blah."  

What a dumbass, he didn't use his high caps for ten years because he thought they were banned!  

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:27:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, he's just brilliant!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:27:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was at the local hardware/gun store to buy some Locktite, and could not resist swinging by the gun counter.  Of course all of their guns were overpriced.  So I asked the guy behind the counter (this was 29 SEP) if the guns came with regular capacity mags.
Him- "No, but were checking on that... the Brady Bill (WHAT?)  just expired the 14..." trails off into mumbling.
Me- "Yeah, so those mags are legal."
Him- "Well, were checking on it because..."
Me- "I already own LEO only Glock 17 mags."
Pause
Him- "Yeah were checking on it.  The Brady Bill banned those.  I can carry my P95 now."
Me- "What do you mean you can carry it now?"
Him- "Well it has a 15 rd capacity, and those were illegal."
Me - "No, if you already owned it, it was legal.  The ban only applied to new items coming onto he market."
Him- "Well, I always thought that if I couldn't hit him with the first one or two rounds... Blah blah blah."  

What a dumbass, he didn't use his high caps for ten years because he thought they were banned!  

You think that's bad? I once had a cop threaten to take my 15 round Beretta mags once because he thought they were banned to own.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:28:36 AM EDT
[#3]
you run into a lot of people like that. They're buffoons.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:34:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Remember that approx half the people walking the face of the earth have an IQ of 65.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:38:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Remember that approx half the people walking the face of the earth have an IQ of 65.

I may be wrong, but I hear that 100 is average. I was estimated at 140 though
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:43:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Correction- IQ of 6.5.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:44:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correction- IQ of 6.5.

Stupid is as stupid does!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:53:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:54:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yes, it is true.  Half of all Americans have below average IQ.  Makes me shudder.

Lol, but if you ask them, like 65% would claim to be above average
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:54:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Hell, back in early '94, I was showing off one of my ARs to my fellow reservists.  One of them was a cop for the Irving, TX. PD.  He flatly told me that if he saw that in my truck on a traffic stop, he'd confiscate it and take me to jail.

So I took the time to inform him that in Texas, it is perfectly legal to have a loaded long gun in your vehicle at all times.  Heck, you don't even need a permit to carry a handgun in Texas as long as you're "travelling."

He didn't believe me, of course - an ego thing, I guess.  The next month I asked him if he checked into the law.  He said that it never crossed his mind to do so.  Geez...great police work.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:02:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Hell I was in Wal-Mart yesterday and,...........  yeah you guessed it.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:20:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:00:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah I would say he is a bumb ass.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:11:34 AM EDT
[#14]
What do you expect.  This guy works in a hardware store.  He is not doing brain surgery.  Dumb people need jobs too.  If everyone was a genius like some of you guys, we would all starve to death.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:17:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Dude, shop at Virginia Arms in Manassas. They are not dumbasses.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:20:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, it is true.  Half of all Americans have below average IQ.  Makes me shudder.

Lol, but if you ask them, like 65% would claim to be above average

Yup, just like you just did....
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:20:15 AM EDT
[#17]
How complicated was the AWB? Not really. It doesn't a take a rocket scientist to figure out what it banned and whats legal now that its gone. I still can't get over people that work in gun stores, their job is dealing with guns and they still don't get it. You'd think that if someone worked in a gun store they'd at least take the time to figure out the BASIC gun laws.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:59:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Dude, shop at Virginia Arms in Manassas. They are not dumbasses.

That's a great store! When I lived in Burke Va I bought all my firearms related stuff there.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:11:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:13:47 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
What do you expect.  This guy works in a hardware store.  He is not doing brain surgery.  Dumb people need jobs too.  If everyone was a genius like some of you guys, we would all starve to death.  

lol
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:19:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

and strangely enough, most of them work in gun stores.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:23:16 AM EDT
[#22]

[bugs bunny]What a moroon!!![bugs bunny]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#23]
The guy behind the gun counter at my local hardware store thinks he knows alot about guns.  you could even call hin a "gunluster".  Oh, wait he is a member on here and knows alot more than most.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Brady Bill, which is now the Brady Law, had nothing to do with magazine capacity.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Common belief, but wrong. It's a bell curve.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:16:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Is that actually true???
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#27]
What would you do if you were a dealer and the ban expired? I think most of them are just playing
dumb and avoiding the obvious. They will act stupid until they unload all their now overpriced mags.
Then when their inventory is down, they will see the light and reorder. Face it, they now have something in stock that is only worth a third of what they paid for it unless it is LEO. You really can't beat the internet for prices. Of course it hurts the local dealers. Kinda like Walmart.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that actually true???

No, no it's not. "Average" IQ is generally defined as an IQ falling within one standard deviation of 100, with a standard deviation being 15 points. (At least with the Weschler insturments.) The majority of the population falls within that group.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top